xmandy

Last Appointment Today!

36 posts in this topic

Today at 1:00 is my last nutritionist appointment and then I am done with the requirements for insurance!  It's getting real!!  I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time.

Congratulations Mandy!

Fingers crossed that you get your surgery date soon.

Very excited for you!!! (and jealous because I am so close but can't get close enough yet!)

How far out do they schedule?  My BS's office said when they finally get clearance, they will schedule and their first opening is about 2 months out.

Trish1967 likes this

Wow, so close! Very exciting!

Trish1967 likes this

Congratulations! This a very exciting time! You're in the home stretch now. Keep us posted on when your surgery is scheduled and be sure to put it on the calendar. :)

You're almost there...fantastic!! 

On 9/22/2017 at 0:13 PM, xmandy said:

Today at 1:00 is my last nutritionist appointment and then I am done with the requirements for insurance!  It's getting real!!  I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time.

Let us know how things went...

Congrats, awesome news.

2 hours ago, PapaG said:

Congrats, awesome news.

Paul, It is really great to see you back here at TTF. Your wisdom and inspirational weight loss story have been missed. 

PapaG and NerdyLady like this

Thank you, its been far too long since I’ve been here.

15 hours ago, PapaG said:

......... its been far too long since I’ve been here.

Yes it has and I don't mind telling you - you've been missed!

7 hours ago, cinwa said:

Yes it has and I don't mind telling you - you've been missed!

Thanks you so much @cinwa that means so much to me.  

TammyP likes this

23 hours ago, PapaG said:

Thanks you so much @cinwa that means so much to me.  

Great to "see" you!

PapaG likes this

@xmandy when can you set up your surgery date? 

1 hour ago, GAviv said:

Great to "see" you!

Thanks GAviv, I’ve been away too long.

GAviv likes this

Thank you everyone!  I'm really excited!  The appointment went great and my caseworker sent my file off to my insurance company yesterday.  Now it's time to play the waiting game.  She said it could take up to 3-4 weeks.  :unsure:   Has anyone had any experience with Aetna?  I'm trying to be patient lol

16 hours ago, xmandy said:

Thank you everyone!  I'm really excited!  The appointment went great and my caseworker sent my file off to my insurance company yesterday.  Now it's time to play the waiting game.  She said it could take up to 3-4 weeks.  :unsure:   Has anyone had any experience with Aetna?  I'm trying to be patient lol

Glad things went well!

Most of the time the approvals are routine... practices don't like to invest the time to send all the documents to the insurance companies unless they internally feel that everything is in place. 

See you are in Houston. You did okay with the rain and water? @Smashlee83 is also in Houston, she may have had Aetna...

xmandy and Smashlee83 like this

My family was incredibly lucky during Hurricane Harvey.  We didn't have any flooding or damage.  Thank you for asking @BurgundyBoy

Trish13 and athenarose like this

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:54 AM, BurgundyBoy said:

Glad things went well!

Most of the time the approvals are routine... practices don't like to invest the time to send all the documents to the insurance companies unless they internally feel that everything is in place. 

See you are in Houston. You did okay with the rain and water? @Smashlee83 is also in Houston, she may have had Aetna...

Sorry I can't be more help. I have BCBS and they covered only a very small portion.

Good luck Mandy!

xmandy likes this

27 minutes ago, Smashlee83 said:

Sorry I can't be more help. I have BCBS and they covered only a very small portion.

Good luck Mandy!

Evil of them to cover so little. Hisss. 

Thank you, @Smashlee83

One week of waiting for approval down.  This waiting is worse than all of the hoops I had to jump through for insurance.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Gretta likes this

It only took two weeks to get approval!!!!!  I got the call today.  Surgery is next Tuesday, 10-17-17!!  I start my liquid diet tomorrow for the next 7 days.  I'm so excited but starting to get really nervous now!!  

YAY!  That's right around the corner!  You'll be out on the other side so soon, you won't even remember this part.  :) 

xmandy likes this

That's a fast turn around. Congratulations, wishing you the best with your surgery and recovery. How much is insurance going to cover? I hope its all of it.

4 hours ago, xmandy said:

It only took two weeks to get approval!!!!!  I got the call today.  Surgery is next Tuesday, 10-17-17!!  I start my liquid diet tomorrow for the next 7 days.  I'm so excited but starting to get really nervous now!!  

WOWWSA!  how quickly! I thought you'd have to wait a couple more weeks then wait a month or two for surgery!  YEAH!  Onward and upward!!!  Keep us posted!

NerdyLady likes this