Lizinabin

Getting Back to Basics

12 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have been a member here since just before my sleeve surgery back in 2014.  Lost a good bit of my weight and decided I was okay to be on my own so I stopped.  Stopped lurking here, stopped recording my meals, eventually stopped my water and eating plan and vitamins and regained about 30 pounds. I have started feeling the way I did before surgery, sluggish, bloated, and tired all the time.  However, I am a glass half full kind of girl.    I am using these feelings to get myself back on track.  Today I am posting for the first time in who-knows-when and taking my vitamins, drinking my water and cleansing my body of carbs.

So... with that being said...  Hi, I'm Liz and I'm back to keep myself accountable.  

Hi Liz and welcome back. Your weightloss and maintenance over such a long time is a credit to your perseverance. Your regain so far is small in comparison to what you've lost so far....you know what to do to take control again and it sounds like you're doing that. Best of luck!

It's good to see you posting again Liz!

1 hour ago, Lizinabin said:

Hi Everyone,

............Lost a good bit of my weight and decided I was okay to be on my own so I stopped.  Stopped lurking here, stopped recording my meals, eventually stopped my water and eating plan and vitamins and regained about 30 pounds. I have started feeling the way I did before surgery, sluggish, bloated, and tired all the time.  However, I am a glass half full kind of girl.    I am using these feelings to get myself back on track.  Today I am posting for the first time in who-knows-when and taking my vitamins, drinking my water and cleansing my body of carbs.

So... with that being said...  Hi, I'm Liz and I'm back to keep myself accountable.  

You seem to have a handle on what you need to do - kudos to you!

Welcome back! You know just what to do, and we're here to support you!

Trish1967, Lizinabin and tracyringo like this

Welcome back!  Acknowledging a need to change and planning the change are really major steps - now just stick to the diet plan that you first used to lose weight and let your weight loss surgery tool (which is still in you) do its magic. 

In case you no longer remember all of the post-op diet rules, this guide from one of the best hospitals in Boston should help you (note that with most surgeons the same diet rules apply to both gastric bypass and gastric sleeve patients):

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/~/media/Brochures/TuftsMC/Patient Care Services/Departments and Services/Weight and Wellness Center/GBP Diet Manual12611.ashx

We are here to support you. 

Welcome back.  Good luck!  You CAN do it!

Trish1967 and Lizinabin like this

HI and welcome!

Lizinabin likes this

Welcome back!

Lizinabin likes this

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:57 PM, Lizinabin said:

Hi Everyone,

I have been a member here since just before my sleeve surgery back in 2014.  Lost a good bit of my weight and decided I was okay to be on my own so I stopped.  Stopped lurking here, stopped recording my meals, eventually stopped my water and eating plan and vitamins and regained about 30 pounds. I have started feeling the way I did before surgery, sluggish, bloated, and tired all the time.  However, I am a glass half full kind of girl.    I am using these feelings to get myself back on track.  Today I am posting for the first time in who-knows-when and taking my vitamins, drinking my water and cleansing my body of carbs.

Glass is half full, maybe more, and tomorrow is a new day. Positive vibes sent your way. Post here as the daily challenges arise so we can cheer you on!

Res Ipsa and Lizinabin like this

Thank you everyone for your welcome.  It's been 2 days since I began working with my tool and program and carb withdrawal is real.  LOL

Thank you Rep Ipsa for the guide.  I'm following the stages to get back in touch with my sleeve. 

I look forward to 'seeing' you all in the Social Forum

'hugs

Liz

Jen581791 and Res Ipsa like this

The first 3 days of carb withdrawl are the worst. You're almost done with the worst part!

Lizinabin and tracyringo like this

It actually hasn't been too hard physically.  Doing the 5 Day Pouch Test to bring eating under control and there are enough carbs throughout the day to keep me from ripping someone's head off LOL.  I even made it through pasta night at my house as well as watching television snack night.

Gretta, cinwa and tracyringo like this