Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shane

Newbie..Hello

5 posts in this topic

I am new. Surgery date was 8-31-17. Wantning some help on meal plans and schedules. I am down alot already just tired of the same foods....need help.

Welcome, Shane!  

What stage are you in right now?  You're about two weeks out so I'm guessing probably soft textures/pureed food.  There are some really good ideas for that stage here: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/. I've heard particularly good things about the ricotta bake!

Trish1967 likes this

Welcome to Thinner Times Shane.

Your bariatric programme should have given you a food plan - if not, ask for one.

In the meantime, our own Res Ipsa has kindly posted the link to the Tuft Medical Center Guide for Eating After Gastric Bypass Surgery.  Although it states it's for gastric bypass patients, it should give you some ideas:  https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/~/media/Brochures/TuftsMC/Patient Care Services/Departments and Services/Weight and Wellness Center/GBP Diet Manual12611.ashx

Trish1967 and BurgundyBoy like this

On 09/13/2017 at 5:06 AM, Shane said:

I am new. Surgery date was 8-31-17. Wantning some help on meal plans and schedules. I am down alot already just tired of the same foods....need help.

The Tufts document is excellent.

So I craved flavor at your stage. I made tons of fish stock, using bones/heads given me by local fishmongers, and used it as a base for lots of things. (If you search TTF you'll find more detailed posts from me; if you can't find them try googling fish stock where you sweat the bones to get more protein).

The egg face recipes are simple and easy. (They may need spices or a touch of Tabasco here and there). ;)

You can do. At your stage things will start to blossom soon. Good luck!

Trish1967 likes this

Welcome to the forum, Shane. I have not yet had surgery myself so there is not much that I am able to add just yet. Only that this forum and it's members are awesome at supporting and helping each other.

I am here to learn from them pre op and very thankful that everyone here is willing to share so much of their journey with the rest of us. If it had not been for their stories I am not sure that I would have been able to overcome my fear and have the surgery done.

Now I can't wait!

Gretta, Trish1967 and BurgundyBoy like this