Trish1967

Liquids for the day

27 posts in this topic

good to know. thanks for the info.  I also have to stop my iron pills 10 days before so stuff isn't "sticking to the insides of my bowels"...lovely thought!  I am sure they've seen some gross things in there.  One reason (among many) that I don't work in the GI field!  

They also told me no colors.....but I found a gatorade ice that is cherry but very pale pink.  It really got me to thinking "why the heck do they add so much darned coloring to things if it stains your insides???"  shouldn't that be a big sign that we don't need to put that crap into our bodies?  I think they do it bc we expect cherry things to be bright red and grape things to be bright purple, but really, if they were never there in the first place, we wouldn't know to expect them!  (just my 2 cents!)

Trish1967 likes this

11 minutes ago, CJireh said:

good to know. thanks for the info.  I also have to stop my iron pills 10 days before so stuff isn't "sticking to the insides of my bowels"...lovely thought!  I am sure they've seen some gross things in there.  One reason (among many) that I don't work in the GI field!  

They also told me no colors.....but I found a gatorade ice that is cherry but very pale pink.  It really got me to thinking "why the heck do they add so much darned coloring to things if it stains your insides???"  shouldn't that be a big sign that we don't need to put that crap into our bodies?  I think they do it bc we expect cherry things to be bright red and grape things to be bright purple, but really, if they were never there in the first place, we wouldn't know to expect them!  (just my 2 cents!)

I had to stop taking my multivitamins, because of the iron, and of course my Xarelto because it's a blood thinner. I'm sure they see some pretty gross stuff in there too, lol. I could never do that job :lol:

I totally agree with you about the food colorings...God only knows why we need so much of that. I know I could do without it. The peach flavored water I drank was clear, so there were no worries there. There are way too many additives in our food anyway. Not good...