Trish1967

Liquids for the day

27 posts in this topic

Well, tomorrow is my colonoscopy...so it's back to clear liquids AGAIN, ugh, but hopefully just for the day. And of course the dreaded bowel prep. If there is no stricture (pray, pray, praying!!!) then I should be able to eat when I get home tomorrow. If there is one, then I will be on full liquids until surgery. 

My appointment with the urologist to get that kidney mass diagnosed is on October 9th, so that's a bit of a wait. But that's ok, I kind of need a break from all of these appointments. I still haven't had time to get my thyroid ultrasound taken care of, or see my therapist. My last appointment with her was scheduled for the 17th of last month, but I was still in the hospital. So I had your cancel that one. 

So please pray for NO STRICTURE for me tomorrow!! I have to call the hospital between 1-3pm today to get my arrival time for tomorrow, and I start my bowel prep at 4pm. I'll probably be here a lot today, trying to keep my mind off of the constant poo pooing later today, lol! 

delilas likes this

A bowel prep is no fun - I'll be holding you in my thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome tomorrow Trish.

Trish1967 likes this

Just now, cinwa said:

A bowel prep is no fun - I'll be holding you in my thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome tomorrow Trish.

Thank you, @cinwa :) I don't really mind the prep as much...as soon as the post diverticulitis diarrhea went away, I was right back to constipation and daily miralax. Things haven't been normal since. So at least things will be moving today, lol. I thank you for any and all thoughts and prayers! ❤️

Praying for no stricture!

Trish1967 likes this

Also praying for no stricture!

Trish1967 likes this

@Trish1967 I'm not only hoping for no stricture, am hoping they find gold so you and the hubby can retire and live happily ever after. :D

Trish1967 likes this

Praying for no stricture and lots of gold!

Trish1967 likes this

Thank you, @Gretta, @Res Ipsa, @BurgundyBoy and @Chefman77 :) 

@BurgundyBoy...at least if they find gold, this will all have been worth it!! HA! My hubby is gonna love that one :D

BurgundyBoy and Gretta like this

8am arrival time at the hospital tomorrow morning. I'm so over this bowel prep!! Lol :) Can't wait to get this over with, and hopefully have some answers tomorrow after the procedure. I'll post an update when I get home, if I'm not too loopy from the sedative...(yes, I'm a wimp, I need a sedative for a colonoscopy...propofol (sp?) ) Here we go!! 

Gretta likes this

Sedative sounds smart not wimpy. Good luck!

Trish1967 likes this

Best wishes Trish. I also hope they find no stricture. Bowel prep sucks big time and I certainly don't envy you on that score.

Trish1967 likes this

Praying for no stricture and best possible outcome. Hopefully you can get some rest tonight. Best wishes and hugs! 

Trish1967 likes this

Quick update...all of your prayers worked...NO STRICTURE!! Surgeon said there is a LOT of diverticulosis, however, so I will have to be very careful from this point forward with my diet (like I haven't been already, lol). Thank you all for your prayers and positive energy!! Going to take a nap now...just wanted to let you guys know how I made out :) 

9 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Quick update...all of your prayers worked...NO STRICTURE!! Surgeon said there is a LOT of diverticulosis, however, so I will have to be very careful from this point forward with my diet (like I haven't been already, lol). Thank you all for your prayers and positive energy!! Going to take a nap now...just wanted to let you guys know how I made out :) 

Great news!!! 

Trish1967 likes this

Hooray for no stricture! Careful is your middle name, so no problem there.

Trish1967 likes this

GREAT NEWS!!!  Enjoy your rest!

And yeah, I am having a colonoscopy and bonus endoscopy on Friday, October 13th (good thing I am not superstitious!) and YES, PLEASE, I am getting the sedative!!!!

Trish1967 likes this

That is outstanding news Trish!

Trish1967 likes this

10 hours ago, CJireh said:

GREAT NEWS!!!  Enjoy your rest!

And yeah, I am having a colonoscopy and bonus endoscopy on Friday, October 13th (good thing I am not superstitious!) and YES, PLEASE, I am getting the sedative!!!!

Oh boy...I had the colonoscopy/endoscopy special two for one in January of last year...and yup, I got the sedative for that one too!! Idk who these people think they are, just going around shoving scopes in the orafice of their choice whenever they want...THE NERVE!! Best of luck with yours, friend :) I'll be thinking of you !

As it turns out, I never ended up resting. The sedative wore off quickly, and I had previously planned on attending a retirement party for my son's girlfriends father. So we went, and had a decent time...even though I could barely eat. Below is a pic of my hubby, me, my son and his girlfriend. It was fun, considering...lol.

Ok I can't get the darn pics to load...will try again later

IMG_7357.JPG

Edited by Trish1967
TammyP likes this

Oh and I must add this lovely pic hubby took just before the colonoscopy, lol B)

IMG_7303.JPG

Edited by Trish1967
TammyP likes this

LOVE LOVE LOVE your smile!  Even before the procedure!  But you look happy and glowing!  What a great pic!  Thanks for sharing!  How many kids do you have?  (I have 5....I am also 50 - for a few more weeks - and a Grammy!)

Trish1967 likes this

1 hour ago, CJireh said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE your smile!  Even before the procedure!  But you look happy and glowing!  What a great pic!  Thanks for sharing!  How many kids do you have?  (I have 5....I am also 50 - for a few more weeks - and a Grammy!)

Thank you, @CJireh! The pic with my son and his girlfriend was taken at her father's party last night :) 

I have 3 kids...my son in the pic, and 2 daughters. One beautiful grandbaby :wub: Wow, 5 kids? That's certainly a handful!! How many grand children do you have?  Being a grandparent is amazing, isn't it?

I love being a grandparent but I still have 3 teenagers at home so it keeps me from being the proverbial grandmom in the rocking chair knitting booties!!! haha!  

We have 4 grandbabies...our oldest daughter has a girl, 6, a boy 4 and a girl 2 and our son has a girl 2 (and they all live near us so we see them often and babysit a lot)

I love being the Grammy....all the fun but not all the work (no midnight feedings, changing sheets from sick kids etc!)

after you had your colonoscopy/endoscope, did you feel ok in the afternoon? I have to take off for that day and I wanted to know if i could make plans in the afternoon? 

Trish1967 likes this

2 minutes ago, CJireh said:

I love being a grandparent but I still have 3 teenagers at home so it keeps me from being the proverbial grandmom in the rocking chair knitting booties!!! haha!  

We have 4 grandbabies...our oldest daughter has a girl, 6, a boy 4 and a girl 2 and our son has a girl 2 (and they all live near us so we see them often and babysit a lot)

I love being the Grammy....all the fun but not all the work (no midnight feedings, changing sheets from sick kids etc!)

after you had your colonoscopy/endoscope, did you feel ok in the afternoon? I have to take off for that day and I wanted to know if i could make plans in the afternoon? 

Wow, that many grandkids and three teens still at home? You must be crazy busy!! Go you!! It's the same for me...it's so much fun with my boy, but no getting up at night, lol :) I babysit for him 4 days a week, and he's 9 months old and so much fun!! 

I felt surprisingly good after my colonoscopy yesterday...I was amazed. I was going to cancel the party we went to last night, because I was sure I'd feel drugged and too tired. But I was fine. I do suggest, however, that you eat light after your procedure. I went back to my "normal" diet, and ended up with the foamies and throwing up yesterday. I almost had to cancel the party for that reason. Luckily it passed about 10 minutes before the party, so we made it. When do you go for your procedure?

I have it Friday, Oct 13th.  I have to have all liquids on Thurs and then start at 3 pm the prep stuff (and I HATE gatorade and really any sugar sweetened drinks) so it will not be easy drinking that crap.  They said not to start til 3 pm the day before (I have the procedure at 10 am) but will that be long enough to be clear and if I take the train to the hospital and am without a bathroom for 40 mins on the way, will that be ok? (I can only imagine multiple runs to the bathroom but maybe it isn't like that).  When I was a nurse (years ago) I used to do sigmoidoscopies which don't even go as high and the ppl had to have numerous enemas for 2-3 days prior along with the laxatives etc (so I can only imagine the hassle)

24 minutes ago, CJireh said:

I have it Friday, Oct 13th.  I have to have all liquids on Thurs and then start at 3 pm the prep stuff (and I HATE gatorade and really any sugar sweetened drinks) so it will not be easy drinking that crap.  They said not to start til 3 pm the day before (I have the procedure at 10 am) but will that be long enough to be clear and if I take the train to the hospital and am without a bathroom for 40 mins on the way, will that be ok? (I can only imagine multiple runs to the bathroom but maybe it isn't like that).  When I was a nurse (years ago) I used to do sigmoidoscopies which don't even go as high and the ppl had to have numerous enemas for 2-3 days prior along with the laxatives etc (so I can only imagine the hassle)

Yes, I also had to do clear liquids the day before. The only stuff I've been able to drink that is "sweetened" (artificial sweetner) is Powerade zero, but I could not drink that with the miralax because the only colors they had in the sugar free here were purple and red, which you're not supposed to have. So I ended up drinking adirondack peach flavored water, also sugar free. I had to start my prep at 4 pm and finish it by 8pm. Plus I had to take 4 dulcolax tabs at 6pm. I had several urgent bathroom runs that day, but by the next morning I was ok. So you should be fine without a bathroom for 40 minutes the next morning if you're anything like me, lol. You're not supposed to drink anything after midnight the night before, and that kind of slows things down overnight. Yes that should be plenty long enough to clear you out. Just to be on the safe side, the evening before I started my clear liquids/prep, I only ate yogurt for dinner. I was COMPLETELY cleaned out before bed :)