Smashlee83

Back to normal

12 posts in this topic

It's been a strange and hectic last few weeks. Harvey blew threw town to shake things up a bit. We had minimal damage to our home. Some leaks / flooding in the garage, by comparison, nothing. That still left us dealing with insurance and even had FEMA at the house yesterday. We had house guests for a week. I was unable to get to work for a week due to the entire city being under water. My last few weeks have been challenging to get to and from work because some freeways are still closed. All in all it's been weird and I've missed my routine.

One tragic loss from Harvey was my scale! At one point I put it in our bathtub to move it out of the way to clean up a roof leak and the pool water backed up into the tub and drown my poor scale. Friday I got my new scale in, hit a new weight (172!!!) and also took this picture right before my hubs took me for a ride.  The picture on the left was in April right after my surgery and on the right is the new improved version.

IMG_9592.JPG

Aussie H, Stephtay, Trish13 and 6 others like this

I'm glad that you're getting back to some normality but it must have been an awful time.

On a brighter note, you are doing a fantastic job with your sleeve.   67lb down is outstanding.

Trish1967 likes this

Wow!! Look at you!! You...look...fantastic!!!! I'm so happy to hear that you had minimal property damage and that you are all safe ❤️ But dang girl, you're looking great!! Congrats on the wonderful job you're doing...keep up the good work!!

You're looking great!

I'm sorry that the last couple of weeks have been so chaotic, but glad that you didn't suffer more damage. With time, the routine will come back, I suppose, but until then, take good care of yourself. 

Poor scale :( 

Trish1967 likes this

1 hour ago, Smashlee83 said:

It's been a strange and hectic last few weeks. Harvey blew threw town to shake things up a bit. We had minimal damage to our home. Some leaks / flooding in the garage, by comparison, nothing. That still left us dealing with insurance and even had FEMA at the house yesterday. We had house guests for a week. I was unable to get to work for a week due to the entire city being under water. My last few weeks have been challenging to get to and from work because some freeways are still closed. All in all it's been weird and I've missed my routine.

One tragic loss from Harvey was my scale! At one point I put it in our bathtub to move it out of the way to clean up a roof leak and the pool water backed up into the tub and drown my poor scale. Friday I got my new scale in, hit a new weight (172!!!) and also took this picture right before my hubs took me for a ride.  The picture on the left was in April right after my surgery and on the right is the new improved version.

IMG_9592.JPG

Wow, looking great @Smashlee83!!!

(You drowned the scale in a fit of pique, didn't you?? ;)  )

Trish1967 and Stephtay like this

So glad to hear from you! Looking great!

Trish1967 likes this

4 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

IMG_9592.JPG

Congratulations on your loss - you are doing great! Love the shorter hair! In these two pics, I wouldn't know you were the same person!

Trish1967 likes this

You are so cute!!!  Excellent job woohooo!!!! :)

Trish1967 likes this

Wow. Just wow on your weight loss and transformation. 

I am very sorry for all that you, your family and your city have gone through recently. 

Trish1967 likes this

Looking great there @Smashlee83.

You look great! And what a fantastic way to celebrate!

You look awesome!  Glad you've weathered the storm.  

Im jealous, I want a ride!