Readytobeme

Long Time Lurker

Hello. I am just starting on my WLS journey. I have been lurking her for more than 1 year. I want to thank all of you for helping me to get past my fears and for sharing your experiences here.

I watched a video that is required by my WL physician over the weekend. I will be registering with them tomorrow. Still very nervous but really ready to lose the extra person that I have been carrying around with me for so long. Ready to have more stamina, look and feel better about myself.

I plan to be a regular here and maybe one day in the future I will be able to help others as you all have helped me :)

Welcome!  Thinner Times is where I gained the confidence to make the final decision to follow through.  There are many, many success stories here and much support.  I'm glad to hear you've been experiencing that support already.

Welcome! Glad you've decided to make the big decision and also that you're introducing yourself after lurking for a while. Nothing feels better than losing that extra person! I've only lost a *small* person, but wow, the difference is stark. Life is better. You will be so happy :) 

Welcome! So glad you introduced yourself!

Thank you all. I almost feel like I already know you. I have read much of this forum and knew that you are a friendly group.

I will go to my profile and fill out the information soon. I have a BMI of 48 so you can just imagine how bad I feel on a daily basis. Passed the age of 50 a few years back and really feeling the health implications of all this extra weight.

I was looking at what my insurance requires earlier tonight. I have already met their criteria. One being that I complete some type of weight loss program with monthly weigh ins for 6 months. I just stopped going to a bariatric medicine dr after 1 year. I was on phentermine which didn't do anything to help my appetite. I did have to go once per months and was weighed at each appt. I did lose in the beginning but that all too familiar event of regain plus some happened over the course of the year.

Really hoping that since I have met my insurance criteria, I can get the ball moving pretty quickly. I do have to attend 10 pre surgery classes and complete a pshyc evaluation before being scheduled. Also have to meet with a nutritionist.

The physicians group that I chose come highly recommended by some of my other doctors and nurses so I feel pretty confident with them.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

@Readytobeme I really love the username you chose because I have been feeling like post-surgery I'm finally feeling like **me**, rather than this overweight person stuck with a restrictive body. From my initial consult to surgery it was ~ 3 months but I was cleared at ~ 2 months. I waited a few extra weeks to plan my surgery when it made more sense at work. And I tried phentermine too, as well as Qsymia. The regain is so standard but it doesn't make it easier to stomach (excuse the pun!). 

Welcome to the Forum! So glad you made the decision to step out from lurking - being active here is an excelleny step in the right direction for your WLS journey!

Welcome!  This is a very supportive place where you can find lots of information, support and inspiration for your weight loss surgery journey. :)

Welcome to Thinner Times Readytobeme!

7 hours ago, cinwa said:

Welcome to Thinner Times Readytobeme!

@CurvyMermaid I too was on Qsymia through my GP. That was just before starting with the bariatric Dr. I hated the foggy headedness that the Qsymia gave me.

Thanks again for the welcome! (still trying to get the hang of the multi quote thing)

Edited by Readytobeme

Aloha all I had my gastric bypass on august 23 2017 I've had regrets but then I think it's just the beginning and I've come a long way I am a diabetic and I can say now I am off all my insulin and I'm so happy for that that's where my regret goes away just thinking about all the good things that will come out of this I'm blessed to live the life I live and I thank GOD everyday for this life even tho I treated my body like crap I'm ready to treat ME they way it's supposed to be treated !!!!!! Aloha and mahalos thinner times !!! :wub:

IMG_1173.JPG

7 hours ago, Micaiahsmommygetsfit said:

Aloha all I had my gastric bypass on august 23 2017 I've had regrets but then I think it's just the beginning and I've come a long way I am a diabetic and I can say now I am off all my insulin and I'm so happy for that that's where my regret goes away just thinking about all the good things that will come out of this I'm blessed to live the life I live and I thank GOD everyday for this life even tho I treated my body like crap I'm ready to treat ME they way it's supposed to be treated !!!!!! Aloha and mahalos thinner times !!! :wub:

IMG_1173.JPG

Hi there. Can you tell me why you are having regrets? I feel pretty confident that I will have the VSG but still trying to learn all that I am able to.

My regret is the pain I get when I eat to fast or drink to fast I thought I was mentally ready but I had no idea I went to all my programs it took a year for me to finish everything before I decided to join the loser bench ,I'm still learning how to slow down and enjoy what I'm putting in my body I have to remember to "eat to live and not live to eat" I don't regret becoming healthier!!!!  all in all I'm beginning to love who I am becoming .. best decision I've made tho I wouldn't go back cause I'm healthier everyone's journey is different, Good luck on your journey @readytobeme

Welcome, @Readytobeme :) You'll love it here!! The folks are so supportive, warm and welcoming! And there is a wealth of information from people in all stages of weight loss...from pre op to veteran members of 10 years!!

12 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Welcome, @Readytobeme :) You'll love it here!! The folks are so supportive, warm and welcoming! And there is a wealth of information from people in all stages of weight loss...from pre op to veteran members of 10 years!!

Thank you! I am already grateful for finding this site. I would never have considered having the surgery if it were not for the kind people here sharing their experiences.

I told myself about 1.5 years ago that I would try everything that I could to get the weight off. I have been able to do it in the past and even keep it off for years. Different story now that I am older and I am just sick and tired of not being able to do much and of feeling so tired and bad all of the time. I know that I am now ready to do this.

I fear the risks involved but I also fear what carrying this weight around is doing to my health.

Well, I am on my way down this long road. I went and registered today for WLS. I am both excited and scared. I was told that it will probably take about 3 months for surgery to happen. Also, I have to do the liquid diet for a month before surgery.

I have done the Medifast diet in the past. Only difference was that I had appetite suppressants that helped a great deal. Still unsure if I will do the bypass or the sleeve at this point.

Congrats on making the decision to be healthy! Welcome!