Sign in to follow this  
Hanana

I messed up my timing.

Hi everyone!

I've been to two weigh ins with a primary care doctor.  I was given a referral to a surgeon and I went for a weigh in there, along with a consultation and blood test.  I was given a list of tests I needed to complete before my next appointment.  I scheduled my following appointment and I was on my way.  Shortly after, my business got very busy, I had a death in the family, and I bought a house, moved, and started a renovation.  Most importantly, I consciously put the surgery on the back burner because I knew I wasn't in the right mindset.  In the past month I've seriously changed my diet and I've lost ten pounds.  Now I feel like I'm ready to start the process again.  My insurance requires six months of weigh ins.  My question is, do those two weigh ins from the spring still count?  Do the months need to be consecutive?  Should I start over?

Welcome! Most likely, the weigh ins need to be consecutive months (and some insurance companies can be really picky about getting a weigh in during each calendar month, not every 30 days or whatever), but ultimately, your best bet is to call your insurance and find out. If your surgeon has an insurance coordinator who is really familiar with your particular insurance, they may know, but it's still best to confirm everything directly with your insurance. And, as far as whether to "start over", you'll have to discuss the best course of action for you with your surgeon. He/she may have specific protocol that they follow for pre-op prep...or maybe not. But it's best just to talk to your surgeon and go from there. Good luck with everything and, again, welcome to TT!