Dragonfly111

Surgery in 2 days...any last-minute advice?

15 posts in this topic

Surgery on 9/11.  I am strangely calm.  No pre-op diet, so just two days of clear liquids today and tomorrow.  Had a phenomenal "last supper" with dear friends and family last night. Surgery moved from second of the day to first on Monday, which I think is good, even though it means being up at 4:00 in the morning. 

Any last-minute advice, thoughts, etc.? 

Thanks to all in advance. 

Jen581791 likes this

Be sure to bring (or have your spouse/friend bring) a bathrobe, chapstick, a charger cord for your iPhone (or similar device), and some slippers to the hospital for you.  Leave all jewelry at home.  

Perhaps more importantly, prepare yourself for beginning a truly life changing experience - if you stick with the post-op diet plan you will be able to become healthy, thin and much more active.  In addition, by losing your extra weight you also should be able to extend your life span by a decade or so.  it truly is amazing and wonderful.  

We are here to support you.

cinwa, Dragonfly111 and Readytobeme like this

Good luck today!!

Dragonfly111 likes this

Thinking of you today Dragonfly111.  Have a safe trip to the losers bench.

Dragonfly111 likes this

I'm looking forward to seeing you on the losers bench! :) I hope everything goes really well.

Dragonfly111 likes this

Hope all went well !

Dragonfly111 likes this

Hope it went well! Keep walking and sipping and you'll be at goal before you know it!

Dragonfly111 likes this

@Dragonfly111 Let us know how you are doing. Hope only modest discomfort now and able to walk and keep fluids down. 

Dragonfly111 likes this

Thanks for all of the well wishes! Surgery was fine but post-surgery nausea is no joke.  I can't even get some ice chips down without dry heaving.  So now I'm staying a second night.  Also having major troubles with IV's so I'm super ready for this to be over.  I can't wait to have protein drink.  Please send good vibes that I can go home tomorrow! 

BurgundyBoy likes this

Are they giving you anti-nausia meds? If you can't take down ice, hopefully they can at least give you those sponges for your lips and mouth. Sending good vibes!

Thanks for the update. Nausea is the pits. Are they giving you anything for it? IV trouble, too? Boo! Sorry you have to stay another day.

Yes, plenty of nausea meds, but I'm still heaving/vomiting.  I really hope that this will pass.  Absolutely nothing appeals to me. 

Ugh. So sorry. Really try to get the fluids and protein down in spite of it. That will help you feel better.

I'm home now but am now battling double bloody nostrils--thanks, blood thinner!  Also, just learned I have to be clears until Monday...I may need to sneak in some of those isopure clear drinks...

BurgundyBoy likes this

On 9/14/2017 at 5:58 AM, Dragonfly111 said:

I'm home now but am now battling double bloody nostrils--thanks, blood thinner!  Also, just learned I have to be clears until Monday...I may need to sneak in some of those isopure clear drinks...

Sending cosmic good vibes to help your nose behave. Glad you are home!