LittleStar

Very shy first time completely new to all of this.

Hi there everyone, I'm going to go by the name Star here because I don't want anyone to recognize me on here from another site. This is something really personal for me and for now private.

I'm so embarrassed about how big I am I haven't even put my height or weight I am sure I will once I have had the op and I feel like things are moving a long. I've been thinking about this operation for a few months now it is something I would never dream of considering before. I always felt like I could just diet and the problem would go away. 6 years on and off dieting and I am the heaviest I've ever been. Walking long distances is hard. And I am in A LOT of pain most of the time. I have m.e which doesn't help matters but since I gained the last three stone I have been in agony. I can't do this anymore. 

I loose motivation because when I loose a lot of weight I don't see it I just become a slightly smaller blob. Which is so unmotivating. I live in the UK and here if your fat and you go outside people yell things at you like fatty or will even drive past you and shout things. This happens while I try and loose weight and I feel like even after I loose a lot I'm still fat enough for people to do this. 

I feel like with the gastric bypass or sleeve I can stay at home. Hide, recover and get my life back. I can hide away as long as I need too minus work and notice a difference. When I go outside I may still be fat but hopefully I will have lost enough to feel less pain making everything less painful.

I don't blame anyone else for my weight but myself. I feel weird and I like I need to share something. Did anyone or does anyone feel really small even though they are big. I often forget I am a big person and feel A LOT smaller then I am. I feel little. I am only 5'2 but when I see photos or look in a shop window I see this huge oger thing looking back at me. And I think where am I? that's not me. I've noticed this is how other people see me this way too and all they do is talk about my weight at times. I want people to see me, the real me this fun small bubbly person who is very loving and happy.   

Sorry huge introduction. I'll try again.

My name's Star I've been fat all my life, and I'm sick of it. My first doctor's appointment is Monday where I am going to ask about getting refereed for weight loss surgery. And I'm so excited. 

Welcome to Thinner Times Star!

Welcome, Star! So glad you found us. I can relate to a lot of what you said.

Welcome Star!  I find it very sad that in the UK (where I assumed people are more reserved), they taunt heavier people like this.  I'm sorry you have to deal with that, but I am also excited for the amazing new life you can CHOOSE to have with WLS.  Don't worry about being anonymous.  No one here judges anyone.  We cheer, we applaud and we uplift each other in the small and big achievements.  Anonymous or not, we have your back. <3

Welcome. You are among friends here.

Although we are in different points of our weight loss surgery journeys, have very different age, career and health backgrounds, and come from all over the world, we all share a common desire and bond to regain control of our lives and our health by using weight loss surgery first to lose all of our excess weight and then to keep that excess weight off for the rest of our lives. 

I encourage you to spend a lot of time reading postings all over TTF, and then let us know if you have any questions.  We are here to support you.  

I have never regretted having a gastric bypass as it allowed me to lose my excess weight and become healthy, thin and much more active.

It will be so exciting to have your outside match your inside!  Congratulations on making the decision to be healthy!!

Hello Star - Welcome to TT! This site is so supportive and helpful, I can't recommend it enough. Congratulations on your big decision to do WLS. That's a hard decision to face, but it's one that I am so glad I made. I hope you have a smooth and easy path forward.

Welcome Star! This really is a great, supportive place. Lurk and read until you feel comfortable, then jump in at your own pace. We're here to support you in your journey. :)

Thank you everyone you are all so lovely I already feel at home!