Mrs.NA

Flying today

14 posts in this topic

I can't believe how quickly this day came up I'm flying to Montreal tonight with surgery happening first thing in the morning. 

Today I am packing, taking measurements, and doing my before photos. 

Any last minute advice?

If you're doing measurements and before photos, you're doing great! With the before photos, try to get yourself in a place and pose that you can repeat easily for subsequent photos - wearing clothes that show your shape. Take good ones now: there are no do-overs later ;) 

Relax if you can. You're so close now... :) 

I'm with Jen on taking before photos.  This site is helpful for that:  How to Take Before And After Photos for Weight Loss

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Mrs.NA .  Have a save trip to the losers bench.

Sally L, Trish1967 and BurgundyBoy like this

Great news!  We will be welcoming you to the losers bench soon - and a lifetime of being healthy, thin and more active lies ahead of you. :)

We remain here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey. 

Sally L, Trish1967 and BurgundyBoy like this

Best wishes for a safe trip, flawless surgery, and swift recovery. Walk, walk, walk. Sip, sip, sip. Don't let any feelings of "buyer's remorse" get to you. If you have surgical gas pain, take PAIN medication for it. Hug a pillow when you cough or sneeze. Change positions often (gas advice again). Lots of deep breaths. Come here to complain about the liquid diet and to let us know how it went!

BurgundyBoy, Sally L and Trish1967 like this

Well, everyone else has offered what I might have said... so make sure you have a couple of good books to read while you are in hospital. And if you are packing now, pajamas that will not reveal too much!!

Best of luck. Post here when you are able. 

Sally L, Trish1967 and Gretta like this

Best of luck! I'm sure you will do fine.

Trish1967 likes this

@Mrs.NA

I hope things have gone/are going smoothly. Please let us know how you are doing when you can. Wishing you the best!

Trish1967 likes this

I'm a little late to the party, but I hope your surgery went well and that you're feeling good!! Let us know how you're doing when you're able :) Congratulations!!

Checking in to see if Mrs.NA has updated us.

Hey everyone. Surgery went well and everything looked good. I spent the first night in the clinic then transferred to hotel by medical bus in the morning. Had a nurse with me all day and night. Drank just over a liter yesterday and aiming higher today and doing as much walking as I can. 

The only thing I am worried about it that my flight home is booked for tomorrow but I just don't see being able to fly by then. Anyway, I just had my first shower and desperately need to nap before walking again. I'll be back online within the next couple of days to update :)

Jen581791 and Res Ipsa like this

Glad to hear it all went well! A full liter of water sounds like a great achievement just out of surgery :) Good for you. 

Sorry to hear you're not feeling up to flying quite yet - I hope you get something figured out. Shower then nap is definitely needed to do every day for a while. Showering takes a lot of you, at least in the first little while post-op. Keep doing what you need to be doing, and take it easy on yourself.

Welcome to the losers bench!!!

picgifs-welcome-2-3816229.gif

Edited by Jen581791
Forgot sparkly gif
Sally L likes this

If you need to fly tomorrow just call the airline today and tell them that you are disabled due to surgery and will need to be pushed in a wheelchair from the check in location to the gate.  Also request similar wheelchair service at your arrival airport.  The service is free and will make your travel much easier.  Be sure to arrive extra early to the airport.

Welcome to the losers bench!

Sally L and Jen581791 like this

You did it! So glad it went well. You are a champ when it comed to fluids! Good job! @Res Ipsa's suggestions for the airport are great.

Sally L likes this