Trish1967

OMG!!! I finally did it!!!

46 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, CJireh said:

Good for you!  Congrats!  What special thing are you buying for yourself as a reward?!?!

Thank you!! I'm not buying myself anything, lol...I celebrated by buying a nice elderly couple, that I didn't know, breakfast yesterday morning :D

NerdyLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Aussie H said:

Well done Trish.....and excellent way to celebrate by making someone else's day brighter.

Thanks, Aussie :) I'm hoping I made them feel as happy as I did yesterday. It was a good day!

Res Ipsa and NerdyLady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

You've made me teary eyed. How lovely to end the day with this fantastic news. Brava! I'm happy and proud! 

Aww ❤️ Thank you, my dear! 

NerdyLady and Res Ipsa like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Your kind heart inspires me!

You are such a wonderful cheerleader, @NerdyLady!! I can't tell you how much your support means to me :wub: Thank you :) 

Res Ipsa and NerdyLady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dtrain84 said:

Congratulations Trish, you are a true inspiration! I'm 7 lbs. away from the mystical 100 lb. milestone. I wish nothing but health and happiness to you my friend! 

Thank you, @Dtrain84 :) You are an inspiration to me!! With all you've been through, health wise, and with your amazing weight loss success so far, I really admire you! 

And...you're SO CLOSE to that 100 pound mark!! You'll be there before you know it!!

Res Ipsa, NerdyLady and Dtrain84 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Trish13 said:

OMGEEEE!!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! What an awesome milestone and also a fantastic way to spread joy to someone else along the way! You deserve every single ounce of celebration you can handle. First the hair, now this....girl you are changing and blooming right in front of all of us - what a beautiful sight to witness! Hugs!!!! :D

You never fail to make me feel warm and fuzzy with your beautiful compliments, Trish!! You are such a sweet, kind person and I thank you so much, my friend! ❤️

NerdyLady, Res Ipsa and Trish13 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

@Trish1967 

@Trish13 Found the words that I have been searching for in my brain. Granted, I haven't known you long, but Trish is correct. You are changing and blooming in front of all of us! 

:wub:❤️:wub: I don't know what to say, my friend, but thank you! 

NerdyLady and Res Ipsa like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Oh @Dtrain84! I cannot wait for you to hit that 100 lb Mark. I'm rooting for you!!

I second @NerdyLady's comment!! I'm rooting for you too, @Dtrain84!!

Res Ipsa and NerdyLady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cinwa said:

Congratulations to those hitting the 100lb mark.

Just out of interest, I picked up a 50lb bag of Pedigree Chum dog food when I went to Walmart and tried to walk around with it.  I don't know how managed to cart around what amounted to over 2 1/2 bags of that stuff pre-op.

Thank you, @cinwa! It's funny you say this...I carried Harper up the stairs for the first time today, and I really struggled. I was completely out of breath when I reached the top. And he only weighs 20 pounds! I have no clue how I carried around that hundred pounds I've lost for all of these years. All I know is that I'm extremely thankful, and happy, that I'm not carrying it around any longer!

Res Ipsa and NerdyLady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

@cinwa my daughter is a little under 30 lbs and my back hurts from carrying her around. I lost enough weight to make another Katya and a twin sibling! 

Isn't that just an amazing feeling? Yet so hard to believe at the same time...I wonder how we all did/are doing it...I guess that's why we are all here. So we don't have to anymore ❤️

NerdyLady and Res Ipsa like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, @cinwa! It's funny you say this...I carried Harper up the stairs for the first time today, and I really struggled. I was completely out of breath when I reached the top. And he only weighs 20 pounds! I have no clue how I carried around that hundred pounds I've lost for all of these years. All I know is that I'm extremely thankful, and happy, that I'm not carrying it around any longer!

Um, this is a major moment!! Are you telling me that you carried that sweet boy up the stairs? A few months ago you couldn't walk more than a few steps and now you are carrying an active, wiggly toddler up stairs? This is monumental! 

IMG_5305.GIF

Trish13, Res Ipsa and Trish1967 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Um, this is a major moment!! Are you telling me that you carried that sweet boy up the stairs? A few months ago you couldn't walk more than a few steps and now you are carrying an active, wiggly toddler up stairs? This is monumental! 

IMG_5305.GIF

Thank you!! I was actually pretty terrified to try it, but I had no choice. I needed to shower before I went to my pre op testing, and I was alone with him. And as you say, he's a very active, wiggly toddler. But I did make it, and I guess if I look at it from your perspective, it is a big accomplishment :wub:

Btw...I love Bob's burgers (a guilty pleasure for this 50 year old nana, lol) and Linda is my fave!! :) 

Trish13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you!! I'm not buying myself anything, lol...I celebrated by buying a nice elderly couple, that I didn't know, breakfast yesterday morning :D

That is the nicest thing I've heard!  I know we used to reward ourselves with food, then we learned to reward ourselves with a non-food item (massage, new outfit etc) but you've moved beyond that to rewarding a stranger in your celebration!  That doubles the celebration! It makes YOU happy and it makes THEM happy!  Good for you!  Good advice for us all!  Way to think beyond yourself!  I think I'll keep that in mind for my weight loss journey!

NerdyLady, Trish1967 and Trish13 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2017 at 1:16 AM, cinwa said:

Congratulations to those hitting the 100lb mark.

Just out of interest, I picked up a 50lb bag of Pedigree Chum dog food when I went to Walmart and tried to walk around with it.  I don't know how managed to cart around what amounted to over 2 1/2 bags of that stuff pre-op.

Not meaning to downgrade the achievements we've all made, but carrying an evenly spread weight is far easier than lugging around a dead weight in your arms. That said I've told myself many times in the past 3 weeks, when I had to literally lift my body weight with each step I took, that I just couldn't have done it without losing the weight I have. I certainly understand now the low BMI limit the orthos put on my recent surgery. There were still times when I felt another step was just too far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you!! I was actually pretty terrified to try it, but I had no choice. I needed to shower before I went to my pre op testing, and I was alone with him. And as you say, he's a very active, wiggly toddler. But I did make it, and I guess if I look at it from your perspective, it is a big accomplishment :wub:

Btw...I love Bob's burgers (a guilty pleasure for this 50 year old nana, lol) and Linda is my fave!! :) 

@Trish1967 The Bob's Burgers theme song is my ringtone! I like to think I'm Louise. :ph34r:

Trish1967 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 8:43 PM, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, @Dtrain84 :) You are an inspiration to me!! With all you've been through, health wise, and with your amazing weight loss success so far, I really admire you! 

And...you're SO CLOSE to that 100 pound mark!! You'll be there before you know it!!

I'm in a little stall right now. I've been fluctuating between 1 to 3 pounds for a week now. Hopefully I will be back on track soon to hit that magical mark. 

Trish1967 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 0:09 AM, NerdyLady said:

Um, this is a major moment!! Are you telling me that you carried that sweet boy up the stairs? A few months ago you couldn't walk more than a few steps and now you are carrying an active, wiggly toddler up stairs? This is monumental! 

IMG_5305.GIF

HAHAHAHA!! This episode of Bob's Burgers was on yesterday!! Made me think you :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 10:34 AM, CJireh said:

That is the nicest thing I've heard!  I know we used to reward ourselves with food, then we learned to reward ourselves with a non-food item (massage, new outfit etc) but you've moved beyond that to rewarding a stranger in your celebration!  That doubles the celebration! It makes YOU happy and it makes THEM happy!  Good for you!  Good advice for us all!  Way to think beyond yourself!  I think I'll keep that in mind for my weight loss journey!

Thank you! :wub: Even though it was food related, it wasn't me eating the food, and hopefully it made them feel as good as I did. I haven't had a day like that in a very, very long time...a day where you just want the world to smile along with you. It's a great feeling :) 

CJireh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 1:10 PM, Aussie H said:

Not meaning to downgrade the achievements we've all made, but carrying an evenly spread weight is far easier than lugging around a dead weight in your arms. That said I've told myself many times in the past 3 weeks, when I had to literally lift my body weight with each step I took, that I just couldn't have done it without losing the weight I have. I certainly understand now the low BMI limit the orthos put on my recent surgery. There were still times when I felt another step was just too far.

That's very true...weight that's evenly distributed is easier to carry. But with my back and knees the way they are, I couldn't have done it (couldn't have even tried to do it) at 336 pounds. It was still difficult, but when I reached the top of the stairs, I still wasn't as out of breath as I used to be at the heavier weight :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2017 at 0:14 AM, NerdyLady said:

@Trish1967 The Bob's Burgers theme song is my ringtone! I like to think I'm Louise. :ph34r:

I love it!! I always think of my Devin ( youngest daughter) as Louise...:D You two would probably get along wonderfully!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2017 at 6:57 AM, Dtrain84 said:

I'm in a little stall right now. I've been fluctuating between 1 to 3 pounds for a week now. Hopefully I will be back on track soon to hit that magical mark. 

I've had that happen a couple of times now, and it doesn't seem to last more than a week. After, I usually end up being 2 pounds down from my lowest weight, then continue to lose for a bit after that. ''Tis the nature of the beast!! You'll be there soon! The scale Gods like to play with you when you're so close to that 100 pound mark for some cruel reason, but you'll get there...very soon!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now