Trish1967

I finally took the leap!

Head shaved yesterday...enough said!! 

IMG_4929.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

I like it Trish and it'll be a lot easier to care for. 

You look fantastic and uber-confident!

26 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Head shaved yesterday...enough said!! 

IMG_4929.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

Trrrrriiiiissshhhhhhh!! Your hair looks absolutely fantastic! This is such a flattering photo and your smile is delightful. See, your daughter was right! You are rockin' that look!

36 minutes ago, cinwa said:

I like it Trish and it'll be a lot easier to care for. 

Thanks, @cinwa :) It's super easy to take care of. It's going to take some getting used to. But the good thing...from the front, it doesn't look much different than it did before, lol. 

34 minutes ago, kayak19 said:

You look fantastic and uber-confident!

Thanks, @kayak19! The confidence comes from knowing I'm not going to be covered in hair after my showers and not having to clean my brush out every 2 days. Now I also know exactly where my bald spots are, and I can observe them to see if I'm going to get any regrowth there or not. Plus I get to buy some cool hats, lol :D

26 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

Trrrrriiiiissshhhhhhh!! Your hair looks absolutely fantastic! This is such a flattering photo and your smile is delightful. See, your daughter was right! You are rockin' that look!

Thanks, @NerdyLady!! You are always such a motivation to me!! The front doesn't look much different than before, since I've been wearing it pulled back for so long :) I'm not sure I'm rocking it just yet, lol...it's going to take some time to get used to. But it feels great not having that horrible excuse for hair on my head anymore...and it's so light!! And no blow drying for a while!! I'm going to watch the bald spots to see if there is any evidence of regrowth, and if so, I will probably start growing it out again next spring/summer ♥️

keratin hair fibers have really helped my confidence. they are amazingly good at filling in thinning areas while we wait for the hair to regrow.

Wow, @Trish1967! You are really pulling that look off! Good for you :) 

I think the relief of not having to deal with the falling out handfuls will be huge. Hats are always fun, too. 

@Skinnykat's recommendation of keratin fibers sounds reasonable, too - I've heard great things.

I like seeing those newly well defined cheek bones, too :wub:

2 hours ago, Skinnykat said:

keratin hair fibers have really helped my confidence. they are amazingly good at filling in thinning areas while we wait for the hair to regrow.

@Skinnykat, would you mind telling me more about keratin hair fibers?

2 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

I think the relief of not having to deal with the falling out handfuls will be huge. Hats are always fun, too. 

@Skinnykat's recommendation of keratin fibers sounds reasonable, too - I've heard great things.

Thanks, @Jen581791, lol...I'm working on it B) haha! 

It's already a relief not having to worry about the handfuls of hair...my shower this morning was glorious!! And what hair I have left takes literally 5 seconds to dry! They had a few catalogs in my surgeon's office for hats, wigs, etc...I ordered a couple of hats that don't make me look like a cancer patient. Even though I was, that's not why my hair is falling out. 

I didn't think I had cheekbones anymore, lol...thank you!!

Go you!  It's so freeing, isn't it?  I did it in February of 2016, in solidarity with my BFF who was going through cancer treatment.  And then I kept doing it for most of 2016, because it felt so freeing - and was SO SUPER EASY to deal with.  Now you're making me kind of jealous, I might want to do it again.  =D

I love it, @Trish1967! I think it looks great! So cool and effortless! 

Looks great!  With your weight loss and short hair, you really won't recognize yourself in a mirror!   

5 hours ago, Kio said:

Go you!  It's so freeing, isn't it?  I did it in February of 2016, in solidarity with my BFF who was going through cancer treatment.  And then I kept doing it for most of 2016, because it felt so freeing - and was SO SUPER EASY to deal with.  Now you're making me kind of jealous, I might want to do it again.  =D

Omg yes!! It's totally freeing! I'm really wondering now why I waited so long! Lol :) I got so bogged down in overthinking it, that I just kept putting it off. When I knew it was really something I needed to do. So I did! And now I love how easy it is and how good it feels to have all of that damaged hair gone.

It's so sweet that you would shave your head for your friend ❤️ I hope he/she made it through treatment and is doing well! I think you should go for it if you're thinking about doing it again!! :D

4 hours ago, Sleevalicious said:

@Trish1967

You look radiant. Your weight loss is really showing. Your eyes look bigger. Hurray for shorter hair!!!:)

Thank you my friend!! My eyes look bigger because the fat that was swallowing my face is gone...lolol!! I'm starting to see the difference in my face and neck now, and in my poor, saggy, sad boobs :lol: But I'm loving the effortless new hairstyle

1 minute ago, Trish1967 said:

Omg yes!! It's totally freeing! I'm really wondering now why I waited so long! Lol :) I got so bogged down in overthinking it, that I just kept putting it off. When I knew it was really something I needed to do. So I did! And now I love how easy it is and how good it feels to have all of that damaged hair gone.

It's so sweet that you would shave your head for your friend ❤️ I hope he/she made it through treatment and is doing well! I think you should go for it if you're thinking about doing it again!! :D

She's doing great!  They caught it early, it was progesterone/estrogen positive, and her recurrence score was like 16, so we feel pretty good about it long term. Even chemo wasn't the worst thing in the world - her skin peeled on her hands like a bad sunburn and she lost her hair, but it's all back now (and her hair is just as ridiculously nice and curly as it was before).  I told her, now it's HER turn to deal with ME being nauseated all the time. ;) 

I'm tempted, I really am - but I JUST got it long enough to put into a tiny anemic ponytail.  Pondering, pondering....

3 hours ago, Gretta said:

I love it, @Trish1967! I think it looks great! So cool and effortless! 

Thank you, @Gretta!! I'm not sure how I feel about how it looks yet, lol, but it feels so good and it's so easy to take care of!! I don't think I care right now how it looks!! Hahaha :D I do appreciate the compliment ❤️❤️❤️

38 minutes ago, Cheesehead said:

Looks great!  With your weight loss and short hair, you really won't recognize yourself in a mirror!   

Thank you, @Cheesehead! I think not recognizing myself in a mirror is a good thing...for the first time in my life!! I think the new me is a much happier person than the person I'm used to seeing in the mirror :) 

Just now, Kio said:

She's doing great!  They caught it early, it was progesterone/estrogen positive, and her recurrence score was like 16, so we feel pretty good about it long term. Even chemo wasn't the worst thing in the world - her skin peeled on her hands like a bad sunburn and she lost her hair, but it's all back now (and her hair is just as ridiculously nice and curly as it was before).  I told her, now it's HER turn to deal with ME being nauseated all the time. ;) 

I'm tempted, I really am - but I JUST got it long enough to put into a tiny anemic ponytail.  Pondering, pondering....

That is awesome!! I'm so glad she is doing well!! I have a dear friend from high school that is going through treatment for breast cancer right now. She just finished chemo and is starting radiation. She is handling it with more grace and style than I could even imagine. I believe her team has given her some preventative things to prevent the peeling skin...I remember her mentioning that. She buzzed her head before she started chemo (like mine is now), and when it first started to fall out from chemo she used to carry a lint roller around with her, lol, for her head. She finally ended up shaving it bald. She's amazingly strong. 

And you're right, now it's her turn, lol. Nausea SUCKS!!! Tiny anemic ponytail...I love it!!!!!

ok - everyone is saying, but I have to join in the party.....YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!! OMGOSH, Trish! That smile...wow! I am so happy and proud of you for doing it. I have a feeling you will be so much happier! Forget the hat - you absolutely OWN this look! :D

13 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

I have to second @Jen581791 'a comment about your cheekbone. They really pop!

11 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you my friend!! My eyes look bigger because the fat that was swallowing my face is gone...lolol!! I'm starting to see the difference in my face and neck now, and in my poor, saggy, sad boobs :lol: But I'm loving the effortless new hairstyle

Hmmmm... Poor saggy sad boobs?:o 

I think that describes  90 percent of females after WLS. Unfortunately...

You look so confident in the picture! Look at that trim face, too :wub: