Tarasgirls

Ugh...seriously? Stuck in hospital for another 4 days...

8 posts in this topic

So much for all the hard work I put in before my surgery,  cuz ever since I have had nothing but trouble! First it was the eating too much, then came the fact that the burning pain in my stomach would never subside, now I have a bleeding ulcer!!! Gah! Still having major "buyer's remorse" naturally,  and really hoping there's a light at the end of tunnel...had I known then what I know now...would never have done this...*sigh*

Sally L and Cyprus like this

Hi, sorry things aren't going smoothly for you yet. That's got to be really frustrating and scary, as well. 

Is the burning pain related to the ulcer? If so, at least you know why you were in pain. Are you getting the ulcer taken care of? I hope so. 

I think that when you get the kinks worked out and you start seeing some losses, you'll feel better about the surgery. It's certainly not a walk in the park in the early days, but it's been such an amazing thing for me. I hope you find your stride and start to see the positive results soon :) Take care of that ulcer. 

Tarasgirls and Sally L like this

Ugh. That really stinks.

Sally L likes this

5 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Hi, sorry things aren't going smoothly for you yet. That's got to be really frustrating and scary, as well. 

Is the burning pain related to the ulcer? If so, at least you know why you were in pain. Are you getting the ulcer taken care of? I hope so. 

I think that when you get the kinks worked out and you start seeing some losses, you'll feel better about the surgery. It's certainly not a walk in the park in the early days, but it's been such an amazing thing for me. I hope you find your stride and start to see the positive results soon :) Take care of that ulcer. 

Yes, they put me on a liquid carafate 4x a day, and protonix?? They think the burning pain is from that, but because I'm only 2 weeks out they can't scope me to be sure. Apparently it could do more harm than good, so I will have to go back in a few weeks for a balloon scope. Today seems better, but still light headed & generally punk...I really want to feel better...like yesterday!  Lol

tracyringo, Jen581791 and Sally L like this

Along with your complications; remember you had major surgery less than a month ago!  It takes time to heal.  Hang in there!  It will get better!!

Tarasgirls likes this

@Tarasgirls

Hoping you are better... please post and let us know how you are doing...

Edited by BurgundyBoy
Tarasgirls likes this

Thanks for the concern! I'm hanging in there...still have the burning pain on the left side, but surgeon firmly believes it's just the internal stitches, but I see him again on the 28th & if it's still an issue, he wants to scope. I think it might be from eating too fast or too much, but who knows...lol

On the plus ( or maybe negative) side, my appetite is coming back, so must be doing better?!?!

Thanks again!

XOXO T 

Glad things are looking up a bit.

Tarasgirls likes this