I'm still in the process of losing pre-op but not quite on the liquid diet yet as I'm waiting for insurance approval to get my surgery date. Up until now I've been doing a ketogenic diet and it's worked well for me, but I know the high fat aspect isn't going to go over well after gastric bypass. I'm trying to adjust my macros to better fit what I'll be eating post op. Right now on my fitness pal I have my goals set to 1242 calories, 25% or 35g fat, 30% or 93g protein and 45% or 140g carbs. Does that seem alright or what should I tweak it? What were your macros pre op and post op? I'm just afraid to start eating carbs again after doing keto and am afraid the carbs will start making me gain. Thanks. 

In the first few weeks after surgery you probably will be focused on just two numbers - reaching your daily goals for grams of protein and for ounces of water - and it will be hard to at times to reach these goals.  

This guide on what to eat after a gastric bypass from one of the best hospitals in Boston may be helpful to you in planning for the post-op diet:

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/~/media/Brochures/TuftsMC/Patient Care Services/Departments and Services/Weight and Wellness Center/GBP Diet Manual12611.ashx

I don't think adjusting your macros ahead of time will have any particular benefit (unless you're trying to lose weight). After surgery, you'll be just trying to get in as much protein as possible. Your calories will likely be cut in half (or more), and you carb intake will be miniscule. Weaning yourself off the carb intake you have now could help you feel better post surgery but isn't absolutely necessary.

Hi @Jujuseven, I really like how you're planning ahead and also using MFP! Great practice for after.

@Res Ipsa and @Gretta are right - just after surgery, it's all about getting in your liquids and protein, and both are a real struggle for a while. 

If you've had good success with keto, why switch it up now just before surgery? I don't think it's necessary. Everyone's body is different, of course, but after surgery, you probably won't have room in your stomach for carbs once you get your protein in (I'm talking about when you're a month or more out - during that first month, it's kind of whatever feels ok, plus protein protein protein). I have consistently had carbs be 20% or less of my daily intake since then. My fat and protein seesaw back and forth between one or the other being higher - so often pretty close to a keto diet. Fat only bothers me if it's something fried, not if it's part of the food (cheese) or even olive oil on top of a salad. I actually find that I feel better (and have less dry skin) if I eat a fair bit of fat. YMMV, of course, but it's a question of experimentation after your surgery - figuring out what works for you. I may have to re-jig my macros at some point when my hunger comes back :) 

Before surgery, I ate very low carb for a month - I feel like it was pretty fair practice for how I eat now, only now I eat tiny quantities.