NerdyLady

I hit goal!

:D

I'd to thank the little people. More specifically, my 22 mo old who makes sure I get enough exercise by chasing after her. 

I couldn't have done this without my husband. My wonderful husband who took a chance with me. He took a gamble by traveling to Mexico, draining our account of $11,000 + travel expenses (can you tell that I'm really bitter by bringing up the cost of the surgery every single time??) and being without me and my daughter for five weeks. I am lucky to have a wonderful and supportive spouse. 

I couldn't have recovered without the help of my parents, who at 77 and 85, cared for a rambunctious toddler and a cranky 44 year old woman. 

Most of all, I couldn't have done this without TTF. Without a support group and being far from my medical support system, I felt alone, scared and was regretting my surgical decision. I was afraid and emotional when I hit send on my very first post. Each of you have been kind to me in my moments of panic and I hope I can return the favor. 

My weight fluctuates a couple of pounds each week, so I'm sure that tomorrow the scale will read 166.9 and the day after it will read 164.9. Those are the little things. You know what matters? This morning, I tested my fasting blood sugars and my reading was 70. 70! This is a change from fasting blood sugars of 235 after four different meds. My diabetes is in remission and I feel hashtag blessed ;) for the state of my health. 

I am two days away from the five month mark of my surgery. I hit goal in five months. If you managed to read this far (and you are a Saint if you have), please do not compare your journey to mine. Everyone is different and your weight loss journey is your own. I started out as merely obese (LOLOLOL), with a lower BMI and had much less to lose than most people who have WLS. I had surgery to put my diabetes in remission and weight loss was a lovely side benefit that improved my overall health. I was a very sick woman and was desperate to be healthy. If we stay on plan we will all get to goal. 

Thank you! Thank you for your love, support and encouraging words. As a thank you gift, I present you with a picture of my child drinking water from her shoe. 

922D5A65-1B63-48E7-940A-5ABC4C321750.gif

Just now, NerdyLady said:

:D

I'd to thank the little people. More specifically, my 22 mo old who makes sure I get enough exercise by chasing after her. 

I couldn't have done this without my husband. My wonderful husband who took a chance with me. He took a gamble by traveling to Mexico, draining our account of $11,000 + travel expenses (can you tell that I'm really bitter by bringing up the cost of the surgery every single time??) and being without me and my daughter for five weeks. I am lucky to have a wonderful and supportive spouse. 

I couldn't have recovered without the help of my parents, who at 77 and 85, cared for a rambunctious toddler and a cranky 44 year old woman. 

Most of all, I couldn't have done this without TTF. Without a support group and being far from my medical support system, I felt alone, scared and was regretting my surgical decision. I was afraid and emotional when I hit send on my very first post. Each of you have been kind to me in my moments of panic and I hope I can return the favor. 

My weight fluctuates a couple of pounds each week, so I'm sure that tomorrow the scale will read 166.9 and the day after it will read 164.9. Those are the little things. You know what matters? This morning, I tested my fasting blood sugars and my reading was 70. 70! This is a change from fasting blood sugars of 235 after four different meds. My diabetes is in remission and I feel hashtag blessed ;) for the state of my health. 

I am two days away from the five month mark of my surgery. I hit goal in five months. If you managed to read this far (and you are a Saint if you have), please do not compare your journey to mine. Everyone is different and your weight loss journey is your own. I started out as merely obese (LOLOLOL), with a lower BMI and had much less to lose than most people who have WLS. I had surgery to put my diabetes in remission and weight loss was a lovely side benefit that improved my overall health. I was a very sick woman and was desperate to be healthy. If we stay on plan we will all get to goal. 

Thank you! Thank you for your love, support and encouraging words. As a thank you gift, I present you with a picture of my child drinking water from her shoe. 

922D5A65-1B63-48E7-940A-5ABC4C321750.gif

First of all...your daughter is adorable!! And she is taking life by the seat of the pants...don't we all wish we were so carefree that drinking water out of our shoe would bring such happiness? :D

You have done an absolutely INCREDIBLE job with your weight loss, and more importantly, getting your diabetes into remission!! You set out to get healthy, and that's exactly what you've done!! I'm so very proud of you, and happy for you!! I wish I was there to give you a huge hug and a dozen roses :wub: Now you will be around to watch that beautiful daughter of yours grow up and savor every moment of her childhood...as a healthy and happy momma!!! Now go out there with her and drink water from a shoe, you've earned it!! :lol:

That is outstanding NerdyLady!  Congratulations!

And I love the snip of your daughter.  

@cinwa @Trish1967

The two of you have been my champions and I'm thankful for your support. 

I had intended to write more but the little booger is getting into some trouble. Ah, the life of a mom! 

Edited by NerdyLady
Autocorrect strikes again!

Congratufreakinglations! 

Let's all drink from our shoes in jubilation!!!

I feel like this is a three gif moment.

200w.gif

200w.gif

giphy.gif

Wow, I am so happy for you.  Having a family member with longtime diabetes, I know firsthand the issues that you have halted or avoided by taking the brave steps that you took.  Congratulations for taking massive control of your health and your future.  You have an amazing story!

I couldn't love this post anymore!!! Congratulations, my friend! We are all so proud of you. And just so you know, you ARE an inspiration and help to all of us...you just have no idea how much! Hugs of happiness coming your way right now! 

4 minutes ago, Trish13 said:

I couldn't love this post anymore!!! Congratulations, my friend! We are all so proud of you. And just so you know, you ARE an inspiration and help to all of us...you just have no idea how much! Hugs of happiness coming your way right now! 

^^^This!! ♥️

27 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

@cinwa @Trish1967

The two of you have been my champions and I'm thankful for your support. 

I had intended to write more but the little booger is getting into some trouble. Ah, the life of a mom! 

Enjoy every booger filled moment with that little sweetie!!

Congratulations!!!! You have done so spectacularly on all counts! 

1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

Congratufreakinglations! 

Let's all drink from our shoes in jubilation!!!

I feel like this is a three gif moment.

200w.gif

200w.gif

giphy.gif

Thanks @Jen581791! Considering how meh I was about my weight this morning, it's a welcome surprise. 

I appreciate your Liz Lemon high five! :D

PS: @Jen581791 Shoe water is truly the drink of the gods! 

@NerdyLady

First of all, you have an adorable daughter!! She is so cute!!

And my heartfelt congrats on a job well done. Your results are absolutely spectacular!! You can be proud of your discipline and resolve. You are really an inspiration. Keep doing what you're doing because it really works. Brava my friend!!!

Congratulations! You are an inspiration. I love it when someone reaches goal weight. It makes me feel good and more determined to join that club! Congratulations to you again! Your daughter is pretty little angel. 

Great news!!  Really great news!!  You truly are an inspiration to us all.  Thank you for posting the wonderful video of your daughter.  

Now you can enjoy life at your goal weight!

GOOOOOOOOOAAAALLLLLLL! (I always say this like the soccer announcers, too bad we can't add sound to these posts)

Well done @NerdyLady, well. done.  (now hear the slow golf clap, building to a crescendo before we all clap like mad)

Thanks to each and every one of you. I'm a little stunned as the reality hasn't hit me yet. 60 lbs in five months is astounding. 

At goal in under five months! I'm thrilled for you! Way to go! You did it! Congratulations! Hooray hooray hooray! Yes yes yes! Woo hoo!

So happy for you NerdyLady!

Raising my shoe in a toast!  Here's to many more successful, healthy years!!  (As we all keep beating diabetes back!)

adorable daughter! 

Thank you everyone! I appreciate each and every one of you. 

Today, my husband and I were looking at pictures from years past. I actually asked myself "who is that person?". I feel so much better. I'm not lying in bed because my blood sugar is making me feel ill. I'm (somewhat) active and happy! Today, I wore a size 14 dress and I still can't believe it  

I have been trying to rid myself of a habit that is a roll over from my heaviest days. I cross my arms over my tummy and it is very unflattering. I've seen pictures and it makes me look quite angry. I was trying to hide my belly, which no amount of arm crossing or black dresses could camouflage. I find myself continuing this behavior and I'm trying to free myself. Anyway, just because I've reached goal doesn't mean that all is nirvana. I still have a lot of emotional things to unpack around my weight and diabetes. 

Thanks everyone for the celebration and encouragement. A shoe water toast to all of you!

WOOO, girl! You got it!

Super duper proud of you :wub: And what an amazing rolemodel for your daughter (obviously, look at her shoe-drink like a CHAMP). So excited for you, and I love that you have mindset and understanding that reaching goal is by no means the end of the journey. Those fasting sugars are ah-maze-ing, and as a professional diabetes nagger, I wish I could encourage more of my patients to take control of their health the way you did - because thats exactly what you did! Cheers!

@delilas Your message means a lot to me. Especially because you are a medical professional. 

I remember going to my group diabetes nutrition classes. One woman had come straight from her dinner at Burger King and wasn't ashamed to admit it. She was a normal weight person but her diabetes was off the charts. I love food as much as the next person but I swore off fast food when I was diagnosed. The thought of losing my eyesight or going into renal failure scared me straight. We even had a gentleman with an amputated foot beg her to stop eating fast food and learn from his mistakes. Diabetes is terrifying. Send me all your patients and I will talk to them. 

Wow, I went way off topic. Thanks for the encouragement. You are lovely as always!

Congratulations @NerdyLady!!!

Awesome!