Trish1967

I saw the surgeon yesterday

I love your positive attitude Trish - that will carry you through this hurdle.

Hooray for the simple things like deli meat and yogurt!  And seriously girl, 1.2 lbs away from 100lb loss - did you notice that little detail? I'm sure it totally skipped your mind what with all the other things to occupy it.  ;) I'm getting the confetti ready for you @Trish1967!!

19 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you for such sweet compliments :wub: I accepted the fact, many years ago, that health issues are a part of my life. They always have been. I get breaks in between, but it's a continuous thing. But to be honest, my grandson is giving me the strength to get through these latest trials. He's an amazing little creature, and I can't let him see grandma fall apart ❤️ I really, truly appreciate the prayers and healing vibes my friend!! 

Thank you...I'm pretty happy with the weight loss!! With the forums, I get a little overwhelmed sometimes and tend to stick to a narrow scope of threads or topics on a given day. I'm sorry that you have also been going through some trials, and I promise to get caught up on what you've been going through as well!! Hugs and love ❤️❤️❤️

Hi @Trish1967

I know what you mean. I've been blessed with fairly good health. But my mom has been through the ringer. So many medical issues, I almost can't keep track. Chronic pain, surgeries, invasive testing, broken bones etc... She still has this smile on her face. Amazing grace. It really takes strength to face it all with a sense of humor. That's why I appreciate your attitude so much.

I've seen the picture of your grandson:wub: He's adorable!!!! And I understand how his presence lifts your spirit and drives you to fight for better health. I'm a mother but not yet a grandmother. I really can't wait for that to happen.!!!

As for the weight loss, wow just wow!!! I'm 17 months post op and I still haven't reached goal. I guess I let too many problems get the best of me.:blink: I should get back on track ASAP but I keep procrastinating. I'm so close.... And you're a great example to go by.

Again, best wishes for ongoing success and restored health. You're in my prayers Trish. Xoxo 

21 hours ago, cinwa said:

I love your positive attitude Trish - that will carry you through this hurdle.

Thank you, @cinwa :) 

20 hours ago, CurvyMermaid said:

Hooray for the simple things like deli meat and yogurt!  And seriously girl, 1.2 lbs away from 100lb loss - did you notice that little detail? I'm sure it totally skipped your mind what with all the other things to occupy it.  ;) I'm getting the confetti ready for you @Trish1967!!

Yes, deli meat and yogurt have saved the day, @CurvyMermaid!! Yes, I did happen to notice that little detail, being sooo close to the 100lb mark, lol. But, even though I'm thankful as heck that the diahrrea has finally stopped, and I can eat solid food now..... you guessed it. Back to constipation and the weight loss came to a screeching halt :wacko:

I know it's only temporary, and I'm not so much worried about the weight loss at the moment (although that last 1.2 pounds would have been a nice parting gift for dealing with all of the poo pooing). It's the return of constipation, despite starting the miralax again yesterday. And cramping, and gurgling, and not being able to pass gas (even though there is enough moving around in there to blow up a small city :D). And so it begins again. C'est la vie :wub:

17 hours ago, Sleevalicious said:

Hi @Trish1967

I know what you mean. I've been blessed with fairly good health. But my mom has been through the ringer. So many medical issues, I almost can't keep track. Chronic pain, surgeries, invasive testing, broken bones etc... She still has this smile on her face. Amazing grace. It really takes strength to face it all with a sense of humor. That's why I appreciate your attitude so much.

I've seen the picture of your grandson:wub: He's adorable!!!! And I understand how his presence lifts your spirit and drives you to fight for better health. I'm a mother but not yet a grandmother. I really can't wait for that to happen.!!!

As for the weight loss, wow just wow!!! I'm 17 months post op and I still haven't reached goal. I guess I let too many problems get the best of me.:blink: I should get back on track ASAP but I keep procrastinating. I'm so close.... And you're a great example to go by.

Again, best wishes for ongoing success and restored health. You're in my prayers Trish. Xoxo 

Hello, @Sleevalicious :) 

I'm so happy to hear that you've been blessed with fairly good health. But watching a loved one go through all of that can be just as bad, if not worse, for your mental health sometimes. You're on the sidelines watching, and there isn't a lot you can do, and it's hard. I know my husband suffers more than I do a lot of the time. I feel bad that I've put him through all of this and made him worry so much. He worries more than I do about my health. For me, it's easier to have a good attitude and brighter outlook on life because I'm the one living it, and I know eventually everything will be ok. But for my poor hubby...every time the docs tell me I have XYZ to deal with, after ABC just got better, it's just hard for him. If the roles were reversed, I can't say for sure that I could handle things this well. Watching my hubby or one of my children deal with these things would be torture. I made a deal with God a long time ago. I asked him to keep my family safe and healthy, and if any ill health was to fall upon the family, please give it to me. He's keeping his end of the bargain ❤️ And I promise, I'm not nuts, lol. 

Thank you for the compliment on my grandson!! He is the most amazing little boy...and of course adorable (I, of course, have NO bias whatsoever, lol!!)...and I wake up every day, whether I feel well or crappy, knowing I have to take care of him. And I can't do that if I don't get myself healthy. He's the happiest, goofiest, most good natured baby I have ever seen. I am truly blessed with the wonderful family I have. I can't wait for your time to be a grandmother. It's one of the most amazing experiences you'll ever have! :wub:

I was reading through some of your posts last night, and I can see how you could easily get sidetracked with the WLS stuff, considering everything you've been going through. A perfect example, actually, of what I wrote earlier about being on the sidelines and watching someone you love going through horrible things...and not really being able to help. Everything else gets pushed to the back while this is happening. Nothing else seems important. But it sounds like things are improving, and I'm so happy to hear that!! You will get back on track. Once things settle, you will be able to bring the focus back to your plan. And you will get to goal :) My weight loss the past 2 weeks has been effortless...diahrrea and not being able to eat will do that, lol! But I'm back on plan now. I'm nowhere near goal yet...but I want that 100 pounds to show up on the scale!! :rolleyes: We can do this together!! Thank you for your prayers, and I'm sending mine your way too ❤️I'm always here if you need an ear or a shoulder!!

Hi again  @Trish1967..

Your post is a testimony to your level of empathy. Yes it truly is harrowing to watch loved ones suffer. Especially when you are so helpless. But to be the one going through the ordeal and worrying about other's feelings?! Bravo my friend  you just got the highest scores on the EQ test.

I'm happy you have a caring and loving husband to accompany you on your journey in life. It is a blessing. I'm sorry you both have to face adversity. My heartfelt wishes for total remission and a carefree future 

As for grandchildren, I'll have to wait. All my kids are still in college. It'll take time for them to settle down and think of having their own children . In the meantime  please give your adorable baby a huuuuuge hug on my behalf.

My son is getting better and better every day, thank you God!! But his legs are still very weak. He needs physical therapy. It is still very difficult for him to take the stairs. We will see the neurologist on Wednesday and the surgeon on the 7th hopefully. He's out of the country. AGAIN!!!

On the WLS front, I'm officially off the wagon. My dad is not doing well, my mom will need to be hospitalized this week, hubby has kidney disease due to diabetes and I'm overwhelmed. I know, I know, I know!!!! Res Ipsa is right, food will not resolve my problems, but are addicts rational?? I'm not giving myself excuses. In fact I'm very hard on myself. I need therapy of that I'm sure. And a way to get back on that wagon!!!!! I think my honeymoon is over.

Thank you for reading my ramblings and for offering your support. I offer you mine in return. Be well my friend. Hugs. 

Where on earth have my emoticons disappeared? I need them to emphasize my words. Oh well.....

4 hours ago, Sleevalicious said:

Hi again  @Trish1967..

Your post is a testimony to your level of empathy. Yes it truly is harrowing to watch loved ones suffer. Especially when you are so helpless. But to be the one going through the ordeal and worrying about other's feelings?! Bravo my friend  you just got the highest scores on the EQ test.

I'm happy you have a caring and loving husband to accompany you on your journey in life. It is a blessing. I'm sorry you both have to face adversity. My heartfelt wishes for total remission and a carefree future 

As for grandchildren, I'll have to wait. All my kids are still in college. It'll take time for them to settle down and think of having their own children . In the meantime  please give your adorable baby a huuuuuge hug on my behalf.

My son is getting better and better every day, thank you God!! But his legs are still very weak. He needs physical therapy. It is still very difficult for him to take the stairs. We will see the neurologist on Wednesday and the surgeon on the 7th hopefully. He's out of the country. AGAIN!!!

On the WLS front, I'm officially off the wagon. My dad is not doing well, my mom will need to be hospitalized this week, hubby has kidney disease due to diabetes and I'm overwhelmed. I know, I know, I know!!!! Res Ipsa is right, food will not resolve my problems, but are addicts rational?? I'm not giving myself excuses. In fact I'm very hard on myself. I need therapy of that I'm sure. And a way to get back on that wagon!!!!! I think my honeymoon is over.

Thank you for reading my ramblings and for offering your support. I offer you mine in return. Be well my friend. Hugs. 

Where on earth have my emoticons disappeared? I need them to emphasize my words. Oh well.....

Wow, I just don't know what to say. It's no wonder you're overwhelmed. That's not even a strong enough word for it! No, food will not solve your problems...but addicts are not rational when put under that kind of stress. There are things that derail even the best efforts in life, that's just a fact. I must tell you, as someone that has been in long term therapy, it's a lifesaver. A good therapist can work wonders when you are at your breaking point, and don't know where to turn...and maybe help you find some peace in the midst of the chaos that is your life right now. I think the word journey, when used to describe what WLS patients go through, is a very good word to use. A journey is learning new things about ourselves, struggling, figuring out new or different ways to deal with difficult situations, falling down, getting back up and dusting ourselves off...you get the idea. You need a break!! And you need to take it easy on yourself. Find yourself a good therapist. He or she will help you find better coping mechanisms than food. Plus it really does help to just talk to someone outside of your circle of family and friends. They can look at your situation with fresh eyes and give you ideas that might never occur to you. The sooner the better. Like I said about my grandson...I'm no good to him if I'm not taking care of myself. And you need to do the same ❤️ You'll get back on that wagon. 

Please know that I'm always here...hugs to you as well ❤️❤️❤️ I wanted you to know that I gave my little guy big hugs from you, and he told me to send this picture to you, and he hopes things get easier for you soon! 

IMG_4990.JPG

@Trish1967

Thank you so much for your encouragement and kind words!!!

That picture speaks a thousand words. It is to die for!!!!! Soooo soooo sweet:wub:

I'm officially in love. I'm happy you have him in your life. He's your love bundle.:wub:

Xoxo

3 hours ago, Sleevalicious said:

@Trish1967

Thank you so much for your encouragement and kind words!!!

That picture speaks a thousand words. It is to die for!!!!! Soooo soooo sweet:wub:

I'm officially in love. I'm happy you have him in your life. He's your love bundle.:wub:

Xoxo

He certainly is my love bundle :) I'm glad the picture could make you smile! He can make anyone smile :wub:

That little munchkin certainly brought a warm glow to my morning Trish - he gets more scrumptious each time I see him.

Just now, cinwa said:

That little munchkin certainly brought a warm glow to my morning Trish - he gets more scrumptious each time I see him.

I'm so glad :) he just spreads happiness wherever he goes!! I gobble him up every time I get a chance :wub:

23 hours ago, Sleevalicious said:

Hi again  @Trish1967..

Keep posting ... it will make it easier to be true to yourself and to your goals in the long run, even if you have to be off the wagon. Plus all your supporters can wish you well. Burdens are best shouldered by a group!

4 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Keep posting ... it will make it easier to be true to yourself and to your goals in the long run, even if you have to be off the wagon. Plus all your supporters can wish you well. Burdens are best shouldered by a group!

Thank you  @BurgundyBoy

I really appreciate the support. That's why I came back to TT.

I hope you had a nice vacation :)

39 minutes ago, Sleevalicious said:

Thank you  @BurgundyBoy

I really appreciate the support. That's why I came back to TT.

I hope you had a nice vacation :)

I did have a great vacation! First Italy and then Iceland, and this past weekend sailing up in the ocean off of Maine. Talk about being a lucky guy to get to do these things!

So I find when life is overwhelming that just to speak; to be with someone even if I'm numb; or to write down a few words, ... makes it more bearable. Here's hoping your husband, son and parents are ok.

And that you are ok too. ;)

On 9/4/2017 at 8:39 AM, Trish1967 said:

Hello, @Sleevalicious :) 

I'm so happy to hear that you've been blessed with fairly good health. But watching a loved one go through all of that can be just as bad, if not worse, for your mental health sometimes. You're on the sidelines watching, and there isn't a lot you can do, and it's hard. I know my husband suffers more than I do a lot of the time... ❤️I'm always here if you need an ear or a shoulder!!

So Trish, characteristically, here you are with your own tribulations and trials and you are offering succor to others. Good show!

(Personally I think you should hit the reset button on your innards. the poops, the diverticulitis, the mass on the kidney... Isn't the location of that button in our Operations Manual some place???)

13 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

I did have a great vacation! First Italy and then Iceland, and this past weekend sailing up in the ocean off of Maine. Talk about being a lucky guy to get to do these things!

So I find when life is overwhelming that just to speak; to be with someone even if I'm numb; or to write down a few words, ... makes it more bearable. Here's hoping your husband, son and parents are ok.

And that you are ok too. ;)

I'm glad you had such a good time @BurgundyBoy and yes you're lucky.:)

It's nice  to communicate with people who can understand my struggles. I'll be OK as long as my family is fine. And I'm doing my best to offer them the support that they need.

I wish you and yours the best...

That pic of your grandson is soooo adorable. @Trish1967! Oh my goodness!!!

@Trish1967 Have you considered introducing Harper to the fine art of drinking water out of a shoe? ;)

On 9/5/2017 at 5:13 PM, NerdyLady said:

@Trish1967 Have you considered introducing Harper to the fine art of drinking water out of a shoe? ;)

Omg...I gave him water out of a sports bottle today...he loved it, but got more water on him than in him, lol! I think he'd probably have better luck drinking out of a shoe! Haha!! :lol:

28 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Omg...I gave him water out of a sports bottle today...he loved it, but got more water on him than in him, lol! I think he'd probably have better luck drinking out of a shoe! Haha!! :lol:

I had a similar experience today. Katya got a big girl cup today and she was delighted. Most of the milk ended up on her sweatshirt but she loved it!

22 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

I had a similar experience today. Katya got a big girl cup today and she was delighted. Most of the milk ended up on her sweatshirt but she loved it!

I love these new experiences they have...it's amazing watching their little minds learn new things...I just love it! I'm all for milk all over the sweatshirt!! That means she's trying to figure out how to do it, and that's great!!

On 9/5/2017 at 5:13 PM, NerdyLady said:

• Not yet, @NerdyLady, lmao...but give it time!! :D He's doing this new thing where he is now licking everything, lol. We have leather furniture, and every time he pulls himself up, he licks it. He crawled over to me today when we got home from my pre procedure testing (I'm being sedated for the colonoscopy), and I had taken my shoes off. I look down just as he starts to lick my toe :lol: I was like...eww, Harper, NO!! Hahaha. Gotta break him of that habit real quick!

On 9/5/2017 at 3:50 PM, Gretta said:

That pic of your grandson is soooo adorable. @Trish1967! Oh my goodness!!!

Thank you, @Gretta ❤️❤️❤️ We think he's a keeper :wub:

On 9/5/2017 at 3:19 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

So Trish, characteristically, here you are with your own tribulations and trials and you are offering succor to others. Good show!

(Personally I think you should hit the reset button on your innards. the poops, the diverticulitis, the mass on the kidney... Isn't the location of that button in our Operations Manual some place???)

Thank you, @BurgundyBoy ❤️ 

Ive been trying to find that reset button for weeks now...to no avail, lol. But I'd love to find it!!