Trish1967

I saw the surgeon yesterday

2 weeks and 2 days after being released from the hospital and I'm STILL having constant diahrrea. Just yesterday I was able to eat a real, solid, meal without pain. The good news...I'm only 2 pounds away from my 100 pound mark now...the bad news, I still can't go anywhere unless there is a bathroom within 60 seconds of where I am. 

So I had my appointment with my general surgeon. He has scheduled me for a colonoscopy on September 13th. He says, since I've had so much surgery, and since it's been 7 years since my last attack of diverticulitis, he doesn't want to jump right in to remove the diseased part of my colon. As he put it, "I don't want to keep rolling the dice with you". But since I've had diahrrea for so long, he thinks I might have a stricture. If I do, he says I will be having surgery. So any prayers or positive thoughts are welcome...think NO STRICTURE please!!!

On a different note...the mass on my left kidney. He is sending me to a urologist for diagnosis. He looked at my CT and ultrasound from when I was admitted. He says 3 month follow up ultrasounds are a good idea, but he wants it diagnosed before we wait 3 months for another ultrasound. He says given my history with cancer, he doesn't want to wait. So I'm looking at either an MRI or a needle biopsy of the mass (I'm hoping for the MRI first...I'm so sick of needles...especially one jammed into my kidney!). Again, prayers and positive thoughts are very welcomed!! 

On a GOOD note, lol, my bariatric surgeon's PA says I'm at a 46% loss of my excess body weight, and she doesn't expect to see that much until at least the 6 month mark, so yippee!! I'm about 2 weeks away from the 4 month mark. I know the potty problems have really sped up my weight loss, but I'll take it. At least something good is coming out of a bad situation. So I have to keep the positives on the top of my list, and work my way down :) 

Edited by Trish1967

I'm happy that you are able to see the rainbow amidst all the clouds. I have no doubt that your positive attitude is part of the reason you are successful! So despite the worrying news, I'm going to say way to go!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

@Trish1967 sorry you're still going through it...I feel bad because your doing everything right. However, you're awesome attitude is evident and that will get you through the difficult times. I will keep you in my prayers for recovery and that there is no stricture or anything with that mass on your kidney. Congrats on the weight loss - I'm so happy for you!!!!!! Great big super squeezy hug headed right for you, my friend!!

Congrats on your he excellent progress you've made so far and also on your ability to see the silver lining in the health issue cloud you've been dealing with. I truly hope your exams come back with good news. You deserve to go to places farther than 60 seconds from a bathroom! In the meantime, keep that smile on your face and think about how many victories you've already experienced. 

Hug from me!!!

Edited by Jen581791
>:^( autocorrect

Congratulations on the outstanding weight loss and kudos on the amazingly positive attitude. Hope you get a clean bill of health. You are in my prayers.

1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

I'm happy that you are able to see the rainbow amidst all the clouds. I have no doubt that your positive attitude is part of the reason you are successful! So despite the worrying news, I'm going to say way to go!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

At this point, anything less than positive isn't an option. If I let the negative things in my life take over, then all of my hard work will have been for nothing! It's a lot to handle all at once, but luckily my husband has granite shoulders :) He is my rock and allows me to cry it out so I can move on :wub:

Thank you for your prayers, Hun ♥️ They are very much appreciated!!!

10 minutes ago, Trish13 said:

@Trish1967 sorry you're still going through it...I feel bad because your doing everything right. However, you're awesome attitude is evident and that will get you through the difficult times. I will keep you in my prayers for recovery and that there is no stricture or anything with that mass on your kidney. Congrats on the weight loss - I'm so happy for you!!!!!! Great big super squeezy hug headed right for you, my friend!!

@Trish13, I absolutely love your big super squeezy hugs!! They are such a boost for me ♥️♥️♥️ You are also always very positive, especially with everything you're going through...you inspire me! I hope you are on your way to better health soon too. Sending prayers to you too!

10 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Congrats on your he excellent progress you've made so far and also on your ability to see the silver lining in the health issue cloud you've been dealing with. I truly hope your exams come back with good news. You deserve to places farther than 60 seconds from a bathroom! In the meantime, keep that smile on your face and think about how many victories you've already experienced. 

Hug from me!!!

Thank you, Jen! ♥️ I'm not sure about the outcome of the colonoscopy, but I'm pretty confident that my kidney mass isn't cancerous. I just have a feeling :) 

I think I deserve places farther than 60 seconds away from a bathroom too! Lol! It was a real trick getting back and forth to the doctors the last 2 days...considering their offices are 35 minutes from home. No food or water before the appointments in order to get there without a diaper :P

(((Hugs)))

14 minutes ago, Raddy said:

Congratulations on the outstanding weight loss and kudos on the amazingly positive attitude. Hope you get a clean bill of health. You are in my prayers.

Thank you @Raddy!!

@Trish1967

I've been so busy with my own issues, I didn't really have time to read everything on the forum. I just stumbled on your post. I'm so sorry for all the problems.. You're such  a strong person to face all the hurdles in your life so gracefully. I admire and respect your strength of character.

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss!!

Lots of prayers and healing vibes are being sent your way. I wish you good health and long life my friend. Xoxo

There is no doubt that your weight loss journey has been a rough one for you at times, but also there is no doubt that you are healthier now than you have been in years - and a lot thinner too.:D

You are in all of our thoughts and prayers.  I am looking forward to the day in the not too distant future when you let us all know that you have reached your goal weight and are not facing more surgery.  The we will all have an amazing happy dance. :)

Congrats on the victories and many wishes for solid poo ;).  The type of wish that can only work here on TT....

Just now, CurvyMermaid said:

Congrats on the victories and many wishes for solid poo ;).  The type of wish that can only work here on TT....

:lol: Thank you!! There are a lot of wishes that can only work here on TT, lolol :D Someone from outside our little WLS community would think we were all nuts reading some of these posts!!  Just another reason this group is so great!! We just "get it"!

Wow, @Trish1967, this is a lot. You're handling it with your usual grace and positivity. You're the best! Sending prayers for no stricture and the mass to be nothing to worry about. So glad all you've been through has at least made the scale rewarding. 98 pounds down already! Wow wow wow!!!!

Hey Punkin, you don't deserve all this. I'm so sorry. Glad you are able to keep positive; I'm not sure I'd be as good at it as you are. Sending good vibes your way!

Just now, Gretta said:

Wow, @Trish1967, this is a lot. You're handling it with your usual grace and positivity. You're the best! Sending prayers for no stricture and the mass to be nothing to worry about. So glad all you've been through has at least made the scale rewarding. 98 pounds down already! Wow wow wow!!!!

Thank you for your prayers, @Gretta!!! I'm a firm believer in the healing power of prayer, so they mean so much to me!! That's the way I look at it, at least the scale has been my friend. I've lost 4.8 pounds in the last 5 days. It's actually coming off a little faster than I'm comfortable with, but I'm doing my best to get my diet back to where it was before I was in the hospital. I was able to eat 2 small solid meals today, but it's going to be yogurt for dinner. I'm pretty happy about the 98 pounds, though!!! After I hit the 100 pound mark, my next goal is onederland!! :D

❤️❤️❤️

Just now, Carina said:

Hey Punkin, you don't deserve all this. I'm so sorry. Glad you are able to keep positive; I'm not sure I'd be as good at it as you are. Sending good vibes your way!

Thank you, sweetie!! I'll take all the good vibes I can get! Don't let me fool you, I'm not positive 24/7, lol, but I'm doing the best I can! I just keep looking toward getting through each challenge as it comes along, then on to the next. Kind of like we all do as we go through he different stages after WLS :) This will all get sorted out eventually.

5 hours ago, Sleevalicious said:

@Trish1967

I've been so busy with my own issues, I didn't really have time to read everything on the forum. I just stumbled on your post. I'm so sorry for all the problems.. You're such  a strong person to face all the hurdles in your life so gracefully. I admire and respect your strength of character.

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss!!

Lots of prayers and healing vibes are being sent your way. I wish you good health and long life my friend. Xoxo

Thank you for such sweet compliments :wub: I accepted the fact, many years ago, that health issues are a part of my life. They always have been. I get breaks in between, but it's a continuous thing. But to be honest, my grandson is giving me the strength to get through these latest trials. He's an amazing little creature, and I can't let him see grandma fall apart ❤️ I really, truly appreciate the prayers and healing vibes my friend!! 

Thank you...I'm pretty happy with the weight loss!! With the forums, I get a little overwhelmed sometimes and tend to stick to a narrow scope of threads or topics on a given day. I'm sorry that you have also been going through some trials, and I promise to get caught up on what you've been going through as well!! Hugs and love ❤️❤️❤️

3 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

There is no doubt that your weight loss journey has been a rough one for you at times, but also there is no doubt that you are healthier now than you have been in years - and a lot thinner too.:D

You are in all of our thoughts and prayers.  I am looking forward to the day in the not too distant future when you let us all know that you have reached your goal weight and are not facing more surgery.  The we will all have an amazing happy dance. :)

Thank you, @Res Ipsa :) I'm really looking forward to that happy dance, lol! 

Yes, it's been rough at times, but we all have trials during this WLS journey. I'm just taking it one day at a time...and in the meantime, watching that scale go down everyday! That is helping keep my mind preoccupied as the days pass. Thank you so much for the prayers, it really is a comfort to me ❤️

Just saw this, @Trish1967 - so sorry you're going through so much right now! But you're handling it with grace and optimism and humor, and it's seriously impressive. And the bright side is, if you do need further surgery, your weight loss is going to make it SO much safer, and your recovery so much easier.  You really are doing great and we are sending you all our positive thoughts!

Congrats on your weight loss Trish !  Sorry you are having difficulties.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

5 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you for your prayers, @Gretta!!! I'm a firm believer in the healing power of prayer, so they mean so much to me!! That's the way I look at it, at least the scale has been my friend. I've lost 4.8 pounds in the last 5 days. It's actually coming off a little faster than I'm comfortable with, but I'm doing my best to get my diet back to where it was before I was in the hospital. I was able to eat 2 small solid meals today, but it's going to be yogurt for dinner. I'm pretty happy about the 98 pounds, though!!! After I hit the 100 pound mark, my next goal is onederland!! :D

❤️❤️❤️

If you believe in prayer then know that this  nice Catholic girl is praying extra hard for you. I don't like to push my beliefs on people but if you are open to prayer then I'm here for ya. xo

8 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

If you believe in prayer then know that this  nice Catholic girl is praying extra hard for you. I don't like to push my beliefs on people but if you are open to prayer then I'm here for ya. xo

I'm more than a believer ❤️ Prayer has gotten me through some of my darkest times, and although I may be going through some trials right now, it's all part of the path God planned for me. If I had never started my WLS journey, they might never have diagnosed my thyroid cancer, and I wouldn't have been led to some of the best doctors I have ever met. So that is a big reason I can take things in stride (most of the time, anyway) when I get thrown into deep waters. I know whatever happens is exactly what is supposed to be happening. The answers will come...they always do. But in His time, not mine. That has been the hardest thing for me to learn, but now I have a lot more patience when it comes to the "why is this happening" part. 

So I'm very open to prayers, always...the more the better!! Thank you so much for yours, my friend!! ❤️❤️❤️

10 hours ago, Kio said:

Just saw this, @Trish1967 - so sorry you're going through so much right now! But you're handling it with grace and optimism and humor, and it's seriously impressive. And the bright side is, if you do need further surgery, your weight loss is going to make it SO much safer, and your recovery so much easier.  You really are doing great and we are sending you all our positive thoughts!

Thank you so much for your positive thoughts!! I'll take all you've got to give! :) 

I hadn't even thought about that yet, but my weight loss WILL make it safer if I need more surgery! And definitely make the recovery easier. Thanks for pointing out yet another reason I'm so thankful and blessed to have has my WLS ❤️❤️❤️

9 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Congrats on your weight loss Trish !  Sorry you are having difficulties.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you!! I appreciate your prayers so much ❤️ The difficulties will pass, as they always do :) I'm starting to eat solid food again, finally...I had deli turkey for two meals yesterday, and yogurt for dinner. So I'm already getting there!