Jolene

Somewhat lurker? Mostly newbie

Hello, I'm new here. I am in San Diego and just barely beginning this journey. I have my seminar sept 9th, and after that I guess I can schedule my consult. I'm super ready for this. I've researched, watched videos, perhaps lurked these forums some. Currently quitting smoking so I won't be denied. I am 3 days, nearly 4 days smoke free. i still have questions regarding the gastric bypass and hoping to find answers here!

Welcome! Good for you quitting smoking. Hope to get to know you better.

Welcome to Thinner Times Jolene!

Welcome, Jolene! I think quitting well ahead of time is a great idea - suddenly trying to quit everything at once sounds harder. There's a lot of wisdom here, as well as support, so I think you've come to the right place :) 

I started dieting and felt like crap, realized if I switch my diet now and try to quite smoking without being able to eat, I would fail my diet. Additionally, I was worried that if I started my diet and lost 15 lbs before my consult, I'd have to lose the 10% based on my weight at the consult. And we all know how hard it is to lose weight as is.

Welcome!  I have never regretted having my gastric bypass - it allowed me to become healthy, thin and much for active.  Life in great.  My only regret is that I waited so long to have the surgery.

I suggest that you read lots of postings here at TTF, and then let us know if you still have any questions.

By the way, you goal weight seems a little high for someone who is 5' 3".

We are here to support you.

Welcome Jolene! Congrats on quitting smoking. My best friend is a smoker who has tried to quit many times. I've seen how hard it can be.