srattee

Update After 3 Year of complications

Hello Everyone!

I have not been on in a long time. Just wanted to give everyone an update. I had my original surgery back in oct 2014 and I ended up with a leak in my sleeve. I was stinted and put in tpn for 7 weeks.  I was sick for over a year and a half with constant issues. I had my revision done  in June 2016 and everything went fine except for I had this bad pressure in my thoat like a chocking feeling. I had the same feeling with my sleeve and it was caused by acid. After a year of dealing with that I had some test done. Cat,Uper GI,diagnostic laparoscopy, motility study. The surgeon was complexly stumped everything looked fine from my tests. I  a few weeks later saw a new PCP and I brought in my tests so he would have a copy. He looked at everything and said I have globus sensation. I was started on a low dose anxiety medication and after 3 year the choking feeling finally went away.  I was told by multiple surgeons that I would probably be stuck with this the rest of my life.  My only advice is to never give up and keep pushing till your get answers. 

I am so sorry to hear of your struggles.  It can't have been an easy time.

51 minutes ago, cinwa said:

I am so sorry to hear of your struggles.  It can't have been an easy time.

Thanks so much! It sucked I almost gave up hope.  But I am still glad I had the surgery. I just wish I had the bypass instead of the sleeve the first time.

@srattee

I'm sorry for all the hurdles on your path. And I'm happy for you  being able to overcome them. 

I wish you an easier journey from now on. And congratulations on a fantastic weight loss. 

All the best...

Glad you got that taken care of ..   I am having problems with the acid but I am only a month out..  Is your acid gone now too?   Good luck with the bypass.