NerdyLady

UGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

On Monday, I ran down my front steps and bit it hard. I sprained my ankle and it hurts like a mofo. Of course this happened just as I'm getting ready to leave for LA. 

My only consolation is that I think my recovery time will be a bit easier since 50+ lbs have left my frame. 

*Insert whine and self-pity here*

IMG_5232.GIF

Oh no! So sorry! Ankles tend to heal quickly, in my experience. Sending you speedy recovery vibes and much sympathy.

Sorry.  Very sorry.  The lesson is don't go to LA.  :D

I'm just upset that I'm so clumsy. This is a classic Lynda move. About five years ago, i broke my knee and part of my leg slipping on a piece of ice that was the size of a dime. 

Wah!

Oh dear NerdyLady. Take it easy while you can.

Ugh, falling down sucks. Two years ago, I stepped off a curb wrong and went down in front of hundreds of students - super painful (sprained ankle) and embarrassing at the same time. I am supremely klutzy.

Your lighter frame should definitely help your recovery! I hope it's ok enough for your travel, anyway. Nobody walks in LA, right?

6 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

I'm just upset that I'm so clumsy. This is a classic Lynda move. About five years ago, i broke my knee and part of my leg slipping on a piece of ice that was the size of a dime. 

Wah!

I hope you recover quickly.  Back in 2011, I tore my ACL,meniscus and patella tendon chasing a breaking and entering suspect. I'm still feel the effects from that injury even with my weight loss. I'm looking another knee surgery in the near future.  

Oh  my goodness! Please take care of yourself!! You and I can't both be the super clumsy ones. Best to leave this to a professional, @NerdyLady - I see your "step fall" and raise it to "I can trip on nothing but air". :P :blink: when it come to dumb, clumsy, & embarrassing falls, I usually am near the top of the pack...lol!  But seriously, I hope your feeling better very quickly and it's not too serious. Rest, ice, elevate. Hugs!!!! 

@NerdyLady...now what did I tell you about falling down stairs? We decided that you shouldn't do it, didn't we?!?

Seriously though...ouch!!! I'm so sorry that happened <insert big hug here> ❤️ Ice it when you can, and please take it easy, ok? Being 50 pounds lighter is sure to give you an easier recovery time. 

Talk about klutzy...like @Jen581791, I too am a super klutz. I got both of my feet tangled in the vacuum cleaner cord once, and thought I was done for. And this was very pre op, so I was almost 350 pounds at the time. I surely would have ended up in the hospital. Take care, love ❤️

I have such a girl crush on Tina Fey. I'm also clutzy. I injured my knee last year falling off a boat. Sadly, it was not the first time I had fallen off a boat and quite different from doing a back roll or giant stride off when diving. So very graceful....I am not.

@CurvyMermaid I adore Tina Fey. She won me the moment I laid eyes on Liz Lemon. 

Thanks everyone for your love and support. I've been a bit grumpy pants lately (I have a cold, the ankle, cancelled vacation because of a tropical storm, the list goes onnn) and the forum has been a huge help. :wub::D

@NerdyLady

Is it too late to reply?? I hope not.

Sorry for the fall. I broke my left ankle two years ago. I was just happy it was my left and not my right ankle. So I could keep on driving.

I'm sure you already know you need to apply the RICE protocol. Rest, ice compression and elevation.

I wish you a speedy recovery. And I will not wish you to "brake a leg". Lol!!!

Speak to your pcp about having a bone density scan.

bone loss can occur earlier than research used to say.

are you on calcium?

2 hours ago, Spunkycat said:

Speak to your pcp about having a bone density scan.

bone loss can occur earlier than research used to say.

are you on calcium?

@Spunkycat

I'm not sure your post is addressed to me or Nerdy lady. She only twisted her ankle. I broke mine. So I'll respond.

I already had a bone density scan. I do have severe osteoporosis of the spine. That was the main reason why I had vsg and not the bypass. I was afraid malabsoption would make it worse.

And yes I supplement with 1500mg of calcium as well as vitamin D.

If your post was not addressed to me I apologize for the intrusion :)

Edited by Sleevalicious

Dang @NerdyLady be careful and glad you okay !  Glad I not the only clumsy one around.

I was addressing my message to anyone and everything. I don't care who reads them. What I was trying to do is provide information and provide a little encouragement and maybe a little information. I am not on here often, but nice to "talk to you.

@Spunkycat Thanks for the advice. As a result of being on this forum, I asked for a bone scan referral and am waiting to be scheduled for an appointment. :)

3 hours ago, Sleevalicious said:

@NerdyLady

Is it too late to reply?? I hope not.

Sorry for the fall. I broke my left ankle two years ago. I was just happy it was my left and not my right ankle. So I could keep on driving.

I'm sure you already know you need to apply the RICE protocol. Rest, ice compression and elevation.

I wish you a speedy recovery. And I will not wish you to "brake a leg". Lol!!!

I am following the RICE protocol as much as I can. I'm grumpy about it! ;)

40 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

Dang @NerdyLady be careful and glad you okay !  Glad I not the only clumsy one around.

@tracyringo Thanks. I am too clumsy for my own good. 

2 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

@Spunkycat Thanks for the advice. As a result of being on this forum, I asked for a bone scan referral and am waiting to be scheduled for an appointment. :)

Same here. I got my DEXA scan done last week because of the info I learned here. I am well under the age they are normally prescribed but my surgeon was well aware of the bone density risks post-op and had no problems writing the Rx.

10 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

I am following the RICE protocol as much as I can. I'm grumpy about it! ;)

I hope you'll be up and running soon. 

Be well:)

On 8/30/2017 at 6:27 PM, NerdyLady said:

On Monday, I ran down my front steps and bit it hard. I sprained my ankle and it hurts like a mofo. Of course this happened just as I'm getting ready to leave for LA. 

My only consolation is that I think my recovery time will be a bit easier since 50+ lbs have left my frame. 

*Insert whine and self-pity here*

IMG_5232.GIF

As a former athlete, I slipped on the wet railing getting out out of the pool. I had a big meet in 2 days. My trainer, got a bucket filled with ice and cold water and put my foot in the ice bucket. After screaming, I kept my foot in there for  10 to 15 inutes every hour. In those days , at least at Ohio State, the trainers lived in the same dorm. The swimming trainer, woke me up every hour to plunge my foot into almost freezing water. I was an unhappy camper but in 24 hours the swelling was all gone, and at 48 hours, I had no pain in my ankle. I felt inspired and thankful and took 3 golds, 2 individual, 1 in a 4 individual. It was hard to withstand the freezing water but well worth it.