onyxlion

All I can say is do it and don't look back!!

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'll be 10 months RNY POST-OP and I'm down 110 lbs.  I've lost a total of 158 lbs since I started my weight loss journey.  For anyone reading this post and looking for some encouragement or may be on the fence about getting the surgery... All I have to say is get off the fence and take or regain hold of your life and get the surgery! I have gotten my life back! The ONLY regret I have is not doing this sooner!  I feel better than I have in my entire life.  I'm back down to what I weighed in college! I would even be close to high school weight if I were to get my loose skin removed.  I was on the fence about getting a weight loss surgery for a very long time mostly because I grew up as an athlete for most of my life. After college and too many head concussions I was deemed unable to play contact sports for the rest of my life.  Back in 2013 when I first thought about getting the surgery I wasn't educated enough about things and thought it was "THE EASY WAY OUT".  I lost the required 10% in the first 2 1/2 months of the 6 month preliminary program.  I decided I didn't need the surgery bc I lost all of that weight on my own... 3 years later and much heavier I had a different outlook on things.  I was sick of the yo-yoing, losing and gaining, losing and gaining, losing and gaining... I had a closet full of a variation of sizes ranging from 8 - 28.  My doctor said the extreme up and down in weight can be very rough on your body and internal organs. I was fed up. I had had enough. I have a daughter that I needed to keep up with and be around for.  

Long story short... Don't wait another day bc you're not sure.  You are worth it. And you most certainly will not regret it.  Getting gastric bypass gave me my life back and I feel amazing. If you look in the picture you'll see I went from a spare tire around my waste to almost having abs back... Start losing your excuses and you'll gain a whole new perspective.

I'm less than 20 lbs away from my goal weight and it hasn't even been a year since my surgery! If you need any more words of encouragement just let me know! The best of luck in your weight loss journey!! God bless

PicsArt_08-24-02.27.42.jpg

IMG_20170721_203029.jpg

BeautyPlus_20170531184704_save.jpg

Edited by onyxlion
LeeC, NerdyLady, cinwa and 5 others like this

What an amazing transformation onyxlion!

You have done a fantastic job - you're looking gorgeous and it's great to see that lovely smile!

onyxlion likes this

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

What an amazing transformation onyxlion!

You have done a fantastic job - you're looking gorgeous and it's great to see that lovely smile!

Thank you!! :)

Well done! You're such an inspiration. If someone was looking for a sign, this is it! Way to go! Looking fabulous!

onyxlion likes this

You look great!  Congrats on all the milestones!

onyxlion likes this

Great post and great pictures. Be careful or you might end up being a poster child (person?) for WLS! ;)

Congratulations on your loss! 

onyxlion likes this

5 hours ago, Gretta said:

Well done! You're such an inspiration. If someone was looking for a sign, this is it! Way to go! Looking fabulous!

Thank you so much!! 

Gretta and BurgundyBoy like this

4 hours ago, CurvyMermaid said:

You look great!  Congrats on all the milestones!

Thank you :):)

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Great post and great pictures. Be careful or you might end up being a poster child (person?) for WLS! ;)

Congratulations on your loss! 

Lol thank you!  And I could definitely think of worse things ;)

BurgundyBoy likes this

Congrats! You look amazing, and amazingly happy. Not to mention pretty jacked in your last photo - what do you do for exercise? Very inspirational!

Your story sounds a lot like my story - and I agree: I wish I had done it sooner, when I first looked into it. 

Best wishes in getting to goal. You're so close now!

Fan-freaking-tastic! Keep up the great work!

Very inspirational.

I'm never quite sure about the "wish I'd done it earlier" I hear from so many. I did do it earlier....and I really wasn't ready! I suspect that those who are long term successful have actually had there surgery when the time was right for them. Clearly that's just, y opinion though.

Wow. Great job and I totally agree with you about having no regrets about having a gastric bypass. You are an inspiration to us all.