Dawnchulavista

HELP I FEEL LIKE MY STOMACH IS RIPOING APART

hello I just had my gastric bypass revision and I'm almost three weeks out every time I bend over I feel like my insides are ripping apart has anyone else ever had this and what can I do about it if so how long does this last 

I did not Dawn.

Have you checked in with your surgeon about it?  If not, you should give the office a call. 

I'd be putting in a call to the surgeon. I had a revision and had no issues like you're describing. Certainly I had pain for about the first week...but after that no issues at all with the stomach. The only pain/discomfort I get that is in anyway associated to the revision, I have always been able to track back to trapped air somewhere in the intestine. That can be extremely painful in the short term...but in my case always passes within an hour or so.

Call your doctor, right now (if you have not already done so).  What you are feeling is not normal.

On 8/25/2017 at 0:11 PM, Dawnchulavista said:

hello I just had my gastric bypass revision and I'm almost three weeks out every time I bend over I feel like my insides are ripping apart has anyone else ever had this and what can I do about it if so how long does this last 

Hope you have spoken to your doc or gone to the ER. At 3 weeks out this should not be happening. Please let us know how you are doing!

Thank you I went to my surgeon and they said that because it's a revision I had a little extra work done and it could take four to six weeks to heal I hope it doesn't but it is feeling a bit better