JessWillLose

Pre-op! New to Thinner Times!

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I am new here, My name is Jessica, I am getting the VSG ( Vertical Gastric Sleeve) next month, and I am so excited! You have no idea how much I have been researching and stalking other VSGers. I have been overweight my entire life, well almost, since I was 5. I have been researching wls for 11 years now - since I was 17. I am more than ready to start this journey and cannot wait to see the real me shine through. I am 5'3" I currently weigh 325lbs, but my highest was 353. I am already a gym rat, and cannot wait to have the VSG as a tool to help me reach my ultimate goal, which is really just to be healthy. I hope to make lots of friends, compare stories, and eventually help others seeking the same journey. :)

Welcome!  It is great to have you joining TTF. We are here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey. :)

JessWillLose and Trish1967 like this

Welcome to Thinner Times Jessica!

Trish1967 and JessWillLose like this

Welcome, Jessica! You've come to the right place for information and support! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Welcome Jessica! There are so many good resources - reading and people - here!

Welcome Jess! <3

Thanks for the warm welcome so far! 

Gretta and Trish1967 like this

20 hours ago, JessWillLose said:

Hi, I am new here, My name is Jessica, I am getting the VSG ( Vertical Gastric Sleeve) next month, and I am so excited! You have no idea how much I have been researching and stalking other VSGers. I have been overweight my entire life, well almost, since I was 5. I have been researching wls for 11 years now - since I was 17. I am more than ready to start this journey and cannot wait to see the real me shine through. I am 5'3" I currently weigh 325lbs, but my highest was 353. I am already a gym rat, and cannot wait to have the VSG as a tool to help me reach my ultimate goal, which is really just to be healthy. I hope to make lots of friends, compare stories, and eventually help others seeking the same journey. :)

What a positive statement! 

Your habit of exercise will really, really help you. It enhances both your likelihood of reaching your goal weight, and is a strong factor in decreasing the risk you will regain significant weight once you get to your low weight. 

Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome, Jess! We are glad to have you here! :):):) 

JessWillLose likes this

Welcome! You're in for some exciting times :) It's great that you're already active - think of how great it will feel to exercise when you're much closer to goal! 

JessWillLose likes this

Welcome!

JessWillLose likes this

Welcome! Exercising before WLS is going to help you recover much more quickly. Good for you and keep checking in. :)