Smashlee83

Harvey

49 posts in this topic

Ya'll!! This hurricane is stressing me out. Looking like it's going to make landfall as a Cat 3.

BurgundyBoy likes this

Oh no! Stay safe.

Holding you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope you are safe and well. 

If you stay inside and have plenty of water to drink, you should be fine. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone else in the path of this storm. 

BurgundyBoy likes this

Stay safe!

We are all stocked up. My husband battled the lines today and got us water and canned food. My birthday is Saturday and it's pretty safe to assume all festivities are on hold.

Oh no! Harvey's a jerk to intrude on your bday!

Trish13 and Smashlee83 like this

5 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

Ya'll!! This hurricane is stressing me out. Looking like it's going to make landfall as a Cat 3.

If you live in a flood prone or low line area, it would probably be the best if you can ride this storm out somewhere that's not susceptible to flooding. In my 27 years as a police officer in North Carolina, I worked through 3 major hurricanes. I heard that this storm will be slow moving which is not good at all because you're going to get an unbelievable amount of rain which will cause major flooding in addition to loss of power and communication. If anyone there gets into a dire situation during the storm, emergency Personnel will not be able to reach you until the storm has passed. Take care and be safe. 

Please be safe. Praying for you and your family. Keep us posted on how your doing. Hugs!

Just heard; 3-4 FEET of rain!  Dear Lord!  Stay safe and let us know how you're doing when you can..

Smashlee83 likes this

Thinking of my niece and a high school friend in Houston. They've been stocking up and moving things in their houses up high. Pfff

NerdyLady likes this

Stay safe! If you can peace out to somewhere else during the storm, please do so! 

13 hours ago, Dtrain84 said:

If you live in a flood prone or low line area, it would probably be the best if you can ride this storm out somewhere that's not susceptible to flooding. In my 27 years as a police officer in North Carolina, I worked through 3 major hurricanes. I heard that this storm will be slow moving which is not good at all because you're going to get an unbelievable amount of rain which will cause major flooding in addition to loss of power and communication. If anyone there gets into a dire situation during the storm, emergency Personnel will not be able to reach you until the storm has passed. Take care and be safe. 

Unfortunately Houston is well versed in these types of floods. I'm inland enough that we won't see the wind and storm surge the coast will, but we will see a ton of flooding. My office just officially announced closure today and we are going to hunker down here and ride it out. I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

NerdyLady and Trish13 like this

16 hours ago, Gretta said:

Oh no! Harvey's a jerk to intrude on your bday!

Indeed ma'am. Indeed. Oh well, it's not like 34 is anything special.

NerdyLady likes this

9 minutes ago, Smashlee83 said:

...... Oh well, it's not like 34 is anything special.

Every birthday is special .... stay safe.... t4602.gif

Gretta and Trish13 like this

Smashlee83,

Checking that you and everyone else in the path of hurricane Harvey is OK.

Smashlee83 likes this

Your Harvey is sending rain clear up here;)

at least #34 will be memorable;). Happy birthday!!

Smashlee83 likes this

On 8/25/2017 at 8:12 AM, Smashlee83 said:

Unfortunately Houston is well versed in these types of floods. I'm inland enough that we won't see the wind and storm surge the coast will, but we will see a ton of flooding. My office just officially announced closure today and we are going to hunker down here and ride it out. I'll keep you all posted.

Here's hoping you are still dry and don't lose power. Have a niece & her family in Houston, and others in Austin, so understand your circumstances. Grew up in the Caribbean, Texas, Florida, and been through a lot of hurricanes, learned to never underestimate them. Let us know how you are doing when able. 

Your Evil Almost Twin, BB

p.s. congrats on the 51 down. 

Smashlee83 and NerdyLady like this

For me this is new.  Days of heavy rain and wind.  I live just outside of Houston near Galveston.  I have never been in a storm with so many Tornados attached.  Tonight, at times it is like someone is pouring buckets of water on my roof.  However, we are inside and dry.  Thank you God.  

On 8/25/2017 at 8:12 AM, Smashlee83 said:

I hope all is well with you. I heard thousands of people are stranded in their homes and need to be rescued from rising flood waters. I also heard that 2 to 4 feet of more rain is forecasted in the next several days. My prayers are with you and all people effected by the flooding. 

How are you, @Smashlee83? We're thinking about you! Hoping you and your family are safe and comfortable.

Jen581791 likes this

6 hours ago, Gretta said:

How are you, @Smashlee83? We're thinking about you! Hoping you and your family are safe and comfortable.

She might have no power, no internet,... I hope has a roof and her family is safe. Houston floods. 

<< Worry >>

Hi loves! My family and I have been extremely fortunate. We've remained with power, Internet and all. Our roof sprung a small leak and we got very close to our home and car flooding but the rain slowed and it's since receded. We were able to get to the Kroger by our home that was open for a few hours today and although it was pandemonium, we survived it and restocked on supplies. All schools and most businesses are closed for the entire week. Thank you all so much for the kindness and concern you've shown me. 

33 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

She might have no power, no internet,... I hope has a roof and her family is safe. Houston floods. 

<< Worry 

2 minutes ago, Smashlee83 said:

Hi loves! My family and I have been extremely fortunate. We've remained with power, Internet and all. Our roof sprung a small leak and we got very close to our home and car flooding but the rain slowed and it's since receded. We were able to get to the Kroger by our home that was open for a few hours today and although it was pandemonium, we survived it and restocked on supplies. All schools and most businesses are closed for the entire week. Thank you all so much for the kindness and concern you've shown me. 

Thank you for the update, I was worried about you and your family.  I've been watching the news all day long and they have been talking to people by phone who are waiting to be rescued. They are stranded on the second floor of their homes because the first floor is flooded out.