Stephtay

Daily exercise for 7 weeks

10 posts in this topic

I'm 11 days in on my goal to exercise every day for 7 weeks. Prior to this I was exercising 4 - 5 days a week. Probably more like 4 if I'm totally honest with myself. I picked 7 weeks because we are going on vacation and thought, yes, I can exercise everyday until we leave. I get bored with exercise pretty fast so if I don't keep mixing it up, I will just hike, walk or run. I posted recently I went to a trampoline park. I've signed up for a weekly class on the trampolines. It is tough - cardio and strength training. I'm also working out in small group training twice a week. On the other days, I'm hiking, doing pilates and walking or running. While I was losing I had fitness goals. After I got to my goal weight I stopped having fitness goals, I was still working out but that was more just to maintain. I'm realizing (yet again!) that I do better when I have a fitness or exercise goal. Without a goal if a friend says - let's go for a glass of wine, I say YES! This week, I said - rather than a glass of wine, want to go for a hike with me? She said yes and we had just as much fun. I also make better choices about food when I am working out more. 

Gretta, TammyP, Raddy and 9 others like this

You're off to an awesome start! I'm impressed!

Stephtay likes this

1 hour ago, Stephtay said:

I'm 11 days in on my goal to exercise every day for 7 weeks. Prior to this I was exercising 4 - 5 days a week. Probably more like 4 if I'm totally honest with myself. I picked 7 weeks because we are going on vacation and thought, yes, I can exercise everyday until we leave. I get bored with exercise pretty fast so if I don't keep mixing it up, I will just hike, walk or run. I posted recently I went to a trampoline park. I've signed up for a weekly class on the trampolines. It is tough - cardio and strength training. I'm also working out in small group training twice a week. On the other days, I'm hiking, doing pilates and walking or running. While I was losing I had fitness goals. After I got to my goal weight I stopped having fitness goals, I was still working out but that was more just to maintain. I'm realizing (yet again!) that I do better when I have a fitness or exercise goal. Without a goal if a friend says - let's go for a glass of wine, I say YES! This week, I said - rather than a glass of wine, want to go for a hike with me? She said yes and we had just as much fun. I also make better choices about food when I am working out more. 

Wow, great for you! Good to prioritize healthy stuff every day. ... easy to let it slip between one's fingers like water. Let us know when you need an extra boost to get to the gym or whatever!

Stephtay likes this

I'm so proud of you Steph!

Stephtay likes this

Kudos to you for your commitment to your exercising daily Steph. 

Stephtay likes this

Way to go Steph!  Where are you guys off to?

Stephtay likes this

12 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

Way to go Steph!  Where are you guys off to?

Road trip in Southern New Mexico. My husband wants to see the bats fly out of the caves at Carlsbad Caverns. I saw it 30 years ago - it is a phenomenal sight. Going to do some hiking in the Organ mountains, look for aliens in Roswell and hike the dunes at White Sands. Should be fun! But, what is more exciting is we are going back to Utila to dive in March! 

On 8/25/2017 at 10:41 AM, Stephtay said:

Road trip in Southern New Mexico. My husband wants to see the bats fly out of the caves at Carlsbad Caverns. I saw it 30 years ago - it is a phenomenal sight. Going to do some hiking in the Organ mountains, look for aliens in Roswell and hike the dunes at White Sands. Should be fun! But, what is more exciting is we are going back to Utila to dive in March! 

Love it!  Bats would send me for cover!  But hiking-awesome!  And dive vacation; awesomer!!!

BurgundyBoy and Stephtay like this

13 minutes ago, Cheesehead said:

Love it!  Bats would send me for cover! 

Speaking of bats, I woke up a few days ago at 2 am with a bat flying around my bedroom. The bat's chirps sounded like a loud electronic video game. One of my cats was jumping all over place trying to catch it. My dear wife woke up and was not happy. :(

Thankfully I had a fishing net in the house and caught the bat. I took it outside and let it go. Problem solved. Now if I can only figure out how it got into my house in the first place....

Stephtay and Clickin like this

15 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Speaking of bats, I woke up a few days ago at 2 am with a bat flying around my bedroom. The bat's chirps sounded like a loud electronic video game. One of my cats was jumping all over place trying to catch it. My dear wife woke up and was not happy. :(

Thankfully I had a fishing net in the house and caught the bat. I took it outside and let it go. Problem solved. Now if I can only figure out how it got into my house in the first place....

Chimney? Glad you caught it and were able to set it free!

Res Ipsa likes this