I'm new to forums in general and support groups as well...so I hope this goes well :) :)
I had gastric bypass surgery on June 19th, 2017, so I am currently 65 days into this new journey! I haven't had any major complications, just a few bumps in the road so far thankfully! I do still suffer from extremely dry throat (which I'm told will go away eventually) and the most amazing nausea issues. My tummy isn't exactly speaking or listening to my brain on the matter so ejection/rejection of food happens whether I put it in my mouth or not unfortunately. To help with the nausea, I was given dissolvable nausea meds and a patch to inhibit the gag reflex to help over the next few weeks, which is AWESOME! :rolleyes: While both together work about 90% of the time, it is so much better than daily sickness! In addition to the bypass I had a major hernia repair due to falling down a flight of stairs. I wasn't exactly wonder woman on that day :( o_O It took a lot longer for the doc to do the repair than the actual bypass part of the surgery. Which is kind of a 'thing' I guess as when I speak with the doc's office I get the comment "Oh your the one..." often. Anyway, the repair is hindering my ability to eat food because anything other than liquids causes pain when swallowed. :( It is getting better though and hopefully sometime very soon I will be able to move on to the soft foods phase of things :) I've lost 48lbs & 9 inches so far according to the scale and tape measure which in all honestly seems so unreal to me as I don't currently feel like I have lost the weight. Maybe my head will catch up with my body and come to an agreement soon!

Welcome! So sorry about the nausea. That can be such a bummer. I really hope it resolves soon. I feel the same way about not feeling like I have lost weight. I'm just now starting to feel it a little bit, but it feels like I've lost 10 pounds rather than over 70 since pre-op. So odd. Glad to have you here! Here's to smoother sailing!

Welcome to Thinner Times Pixx!

Well done! You are making great progress. Keep up the efforts to move your diet forward!

Welcome!  Things should get a lot better for you over the next few weeks as your insides heal. 

We are here to support you. 

Welcome!

18 hours ago, Gretta said:

Welcome! So sorry about the nausea. That can be such a bummer. I really hope it resolves soon. I feel the same way about not feeling like I have lost weight. I'm just now starting to feel it a little bit, but it feels like I've lost 10 pounds rather than over 70 since pre-op. So odd. Glad to have you here! Here's to smoother sailing!

Pfft. @Gretta, post some pictures and we'll be all over your 'over 70' loss with effusive praise. Is my memory faulty, or am I right in recalling you teach some exercise classes? 

That said, I think you very right about some kind of disassociation between the amount we have lost and the way we feel. I'm just shy of 70 lbs down from my January weight and I feel SO much leaner now than I did with 50 or 55 lbs of loss. So @Pixx maybe you will lose another pound or two ... and the change will suddenly be much more real to you!

You remember correctly, @BurgundyBoy. I hit 75 total lost today. Can't wait to feel it! Also looking forward to this "feeling cold" thing I've heard so much about.

14 minutes ago, Gretta said:

You remember correctly, @BurgundyBoy. I hit 75 total lost today. Can't wait to feel it! Also looking forward to this "feeling cold" thing I've heard so much about.

Oh, you live in San Diego, which is Lotus Land, right? the climate is perfect, everyone is mellow, the living is easy ... and it never gets cold! Or so I have been told. Won't you have to visit some horridly chilly wintery place, like, um, San Francisco or Monterrey or the Central Valley to Feel the Freeze?

p.s. Boston is somewhere north of that Wall they talk about in Game of Thrones. [Gotta watch out for those Night Walkers here]. It is in the 80s during the day and the 60s at night now. You KNOW what is coming in a few months, the days are already shortening.... brrrr. 

and Congrats on the 75 lbs lost. Could you have believed it 6 months ago??

@BurgundyBoy, you're hilarious! I missed you while you were on vacation. Yes, San Diego is as close to paradise as it gets. I feel so lucky. Nope, couldn't have imagined this 6 months ago. Six months ago, almost to the day, I was attending my first seminar about WLS. I walked out thinking, "That sounded more serious than I thought it would. I'll just start the process. I can always back out". So glad I went through with it.

Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome! 

On 24/08/2017 at 0:18 PM, Gretta said:

Don't "wish too hard" as the song goes Gretta. I was sitting outside trying to find some sun today in the ever cold Adelaide Hills..... just thinking about how Spring begins here next week.....oh my I can't wait!!!!! I'm so looking forward to ditching the thermals. It's almost midday here and I'm still in the flannel pjs with a fluffy robe and oversized fluffy socks. I probably won't even bother to change today.....but I'm allowed that luxury given the surgery I had on Monday!!!

Great weightloss so far by the way....you WILL feel it once the weather there cools down.

Should have added....welcome pixx!!!! 

Edited by Aussie H