Dtrain84

What Does Everyone Do For A Living?

I'm a nurse practitioner. Have been a nurse for 36 yrs this year!!! YAY for me.  Was always the path that chose me, even as a child. Ok so maybe I wanted to be the white Diana Ross but could never get those high notes, hahahaha.

I have worked in many arena's the last 14 yrs in urgent care.  Trauma for the 12 yrs before this. Like this MUCH better at my age. Trauma is the under 45yr old's game:)

I'm a real estate agent. I was a hair stylist in my early years and a stay-at-home mom until my girls were in high school. I LOVE my job. 

I'm a nursing assistant and full time student studying to get my AA in Health Information Technology.  I've been an NA for 2 years and already am totally burnt out.  However, because of the patients I've helped take care of these last 2 years, it's given me the push I needed to make this WLS happen!!  So many health problems that are directly related to obesity.  I don't want it to be me!!!

6 hours ago, valslosinit said:

I'm a nursing assistant and full time student studying to get my AA in Health Information Technology.  I've been an NA for 2 years and already am totally burnt out.  However, because of the patients I've helped take care of these last 2 years, it's given me the push I needed to make this WLS happen!!  So many health problems that are directly related to obesity.  I don't want it to be me!!!

Good for you for letting your life experiences motivate you to make changes based on long-term outcomes! That's a hard thing to do as a human. Congrats on working on your AA. 

I own a couple of online stores. The Way of the Geek We custom make minifigures and import others. We also sell other toys and a lot of superhero items. We are also on eBay at http://stores.ebay.com/thewayofthegeek

They are very cool, @AustinJ

...international woman of mystery. ;)

23 hours ago, CJireh said:

They are very cool, @AustinJ

Thank you. We have fun!

1 hour ago, AustinJ said:

Thank you. We have fun!

I bet! How old is your son?  My sons were always into Legos! (mine are 28,15 and 14)

What a fun topic. :) 

I work in alumni relations and development (i.e. fundraising) for a large private university - my team oversees ECM and BPM projects/solutions for the department. 

2 hours ago, CJireh said:

I bet! How old is your son?  My sons were always into Legos! (mine are 28,15 and 14)

My son is 11, he loves legos and superheroes. He is the one that got us started with the minifigures about 6 yrs ago. When he had to have a Nightcrawler minifigure but Lego didn't even make one, so my Wife and I figure out a simple way make them. They didn't stay painted very long back then though. Now we use the same printing process as Lego just on a smaller scale.

22 hours ago, AustinJ said:

My son is 11, he loves legos and superheroes. He is the one that got us started with the minifigures about 6 yrs ago. When he had to have a Nightcrawler minifigure but Lego didn't even make one, so my Wife and I figure out a simple way make them. They didn't stay painted very long back then though. Now we use the same printing process as Lego just on a smaller scale.

That is pretty cool!  

Disability Adjudicator.  I determine (with a staff MD or PhD) if you are disabled for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).  I retired in 2007 but with the recession which meant an increase in claims and the jump in my medical premiums I ended up going back to work part-time (win/win).  Now less than 2 years from retiring at Medicare age.