Karimeaway

It may be a mistake but...

62 posts in this topic

I had these size 12's for 8 years.  A friend of mine gave them to me and said that they would be a good pair of goal pants.  These pants stayed with me while I lived in Las Vegas and moved with me across the country.  I never thought I'd see the day that they zip.  Well they are way out of style and way too long but I fit in a size 12.  I mean I don't know if Kmart's size 12's are bigger than normal size 12's but I'm going to enjoy the moment of putting on a size 12 and zipping it up.  It's been since 9th grade since I've seen a 12 maybe 8th in all honesty.  I'm 39 so it's been a minute.  So the scale may not be dropping fast but I'm going to rejoice in this non scale victory for the day.

20901459_10155554706972296_3199635606882675610_o.jpg

Do any jeans ever go out of style think_smiley_46.gif  - nope!

Personally, the day I hit "normal" sized jeans, I wanted to wear them with the sales ticket still hanging because I wanted to show the world and his brother that I was no longer obese.

Congratulations! And, fwiw, I hung onto my bridesmaid dress from my brother's wedding (from 15 years ago) for similar reasons. There's something magical about finally fitting into "normal" size clothes, so I say enjoy the victory and wear the jeans. From the pic, they look neutral enough that they can't be too out of date. Congrats again!

Awesome! That's such a great feeling! 

Fashion thought: raw edge denim is "in" this year - you could cut them off just above ankle length and pretend you bought them yesterday :) 

Spring-2017-Trends-Raw-Edge-Denim.png?fi

Great suggestion Jen but I must be getting old -  I've thrown jeans away that have been in better condition.

LeeC, Trish13, Jen581791 and 2 others like this

Congrats! What an awesome feeling!

Trish13 and Trish1967 like this

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

Great suggestion Jen but I must be getting old -  I've thrown jeans away that have been in better condition.

I know, those kids these days ;) 

Trish1967, Trish13 and TammyP like this

That is so awesome!!  Congratulations @Karimeaway!!

Congratulations!  It is a wonderful feeling to finally fit into normal sized clothing. 

Cheesehead, Trish1967 and Trish13 like this

Congratulations. I admit that I've hung onto clothes that didn't fit, and then found the joy of actually fitting into them very short lived due to changed fashion trends. I'm looking forward to buying my first new pair of jeans (7 years since I bought any) as my smallest pairs, which are 14s, are now falling off me. No point yet though as I'll be in a leg cast from Monday for at least 2 months....So loose legged trackies for me for quite some time. I really just want to see what size will fit. If I get any spare time in the city on Sunday I might try some on. Not buying though as who knows what size I might he in 2 months time. Sizes just seem to have little meaning these days.

Jen581791 and Trish1967 like this

THIS.IS.SOOOOO.AWESOME!!!!!  Congratulations - I'm so happy for you!

Trish1967 likes this

Posted (edited)

Ain't no mistake!  You own it!  That's awesome!  Bet you still find yourself in the big section more than once!  I lived in jeans and tshirts (when one daughter got married she actually told me no jeans or tshirts!  I did change into denim capris after dinner). I never realized the big section actually had cute clothes too.  More than once after I got to goal my daughters had to drag me out of the larger section, lol!

Edited by Cheesehead

@Karimeaway

Spectacular. You must feel great. Not a race, a journey, and what a nice milestone!

Congratulations, how wonderful!  Enjoy this awesome milestone!!

Trish1967 likes this

-How awesome! I am thrilled for you.You must be on top of the moon. :D

I say jeans are about personal style. I'm a skinny jeans or bust kind of gal. It doesn't matter what is trendy, if I have to wear jeans, they will be skinny. If I have to wear shorts, they will be short, Do you like the jeans? If so, wear them with pride!

Karimeaway

Congratulations on this new milestone.

I've always loved trends and fashion but I have my own style. If you feel comfortable in those jeans, by all means wear them. There's no need to be a fashion victim. 

It feels great buying clothes again,and I'm having a blast. I'm still 20 or so pounds from goal but I indulge....:rolleyes:

Trish1967 likes this

On 8/17/2017 at 7:08 AM, cinwa said:

Do any jeans ever go out of style think_smiley_46.gif  - nope!

Three words.  Acid. Washed. Jeans. 

Yes, some jeans so go out of style. Z cavariccis anyone? Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Clickin said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      MC Hammer ~ U Can't Touch This

19 hours ago, cinwa said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      MC Hammer ~ U Can't Touch This

Thanks everyone.  Also thank you for bringing this thread around to MC Hammer.  Not what I was expecting but definitely awesome @Clickin @cinwa

2 hours ago, Karimeaway said:

Thanks everyone.  Also thank you for bringing this thread around to MC Hammer.  Not what I was expecting but definitely awesome @Clickin @cinwa

I think the final verdict is you take your slinky little size 12 body, you buy some jeans that make you feel as amazing as you look and you just be 2 Legit 2 Quit! :P

5 hours ago, Clickin said:

I think the final verdict is you take your slinky little size 12 body, you buy some jeans that make you feel as amazing as you look and you just be 2 Legit 2 Quit! :P

You just made my day with the only two hammer songs that I know.

I love everyone in this bar!

On 8/20/2017 at 0:03 PM, Clickin said:

Three words.  Acid. Washed. Jeans. 

@Clickin HERO

Trish1967 and Clickin like this

I have two types of jeans: 

Levi Button fly 501 jeans (for chores, horseback riding, etc)

and

Levi 515 bootcut (the rest of the time)

Trish1967 likes this

Yay, yay, yay YOU!! So happy for you!! I see so many different styles of jeans out there these days, I don't think there are many that can be considered out of style (except maybe the MC Hammer references made above, lol). If you love them, and they make you feel good, wear them!! I've worn leggings for years, simply because I can't stand anything tight around my waist, belly, etc. I haven't met one person that thinks leggings should be worn as pants, lol. I don't care :) 

tracyringo and NerdyLady like this