Aussie H

BMI 24.8 = "NORMAL" :)

27 posts in this topic

That's what my weightloss chart told me this morning as it switched from red "overweight" to green "normal".

I was definitely doing a happy dance when I had to see my family doctor this morning!!!! My dietician will be spitting chips tomorrow though when I see her. She's wrong, but won't be told any differently.

WOW!!! That's got to be the very best feeling, Aussie!!!! Congrats on hitting the green! 

Dtrain84 and Aussie H like this

1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

WOW!!! That's got to be the very best feeling, Aussie!!!! Congrats on hitting the green! 

It certainly is Jen. Also a place I never in my life believed was possible....even after surgery I didn't believe it would be possible. I've never had a "normal" BMI.

The one "bugger" moment for me was the medical program showing in my doctor's waiting room was talking about how useless a measure BMI really is....if they know this then why the hell use them so readily!!!!! Thankfully I didn't have to wait long or I may well have thrown something at that TV.

Next time do us all a favor and go ahead and throw something at the TV! Most surgeons appear to be a slave to the BMI mostly because the insurance companies are.

Hearty congrats on your new 'normal' status! Seriously @NerdyLady, t- shirts!!

Normal is GOOD!!!  

Karimeaway, Aussie H and Dtrain84 like this

21 minutes ago, CurvyMermaid said:

Next time do us all a favor and go ahead and throw something at the TV! Most surgeons appear to be a slave to the BMI mostly because the insurance companies are.

Thanks. I think they just stick with BMI because it's the easiest. Can't imagine too many patients being happy if their doctors took out a tape measure and tried to measure their waistlines.....I know I wouldn't!!!!!

So happy for you!  Big congratz! :)

Aussie H likes this

Isn't not being obese a wonderful feeling!

Congratulations!

Aussie H likes this

I hoping this happens for me one day!  So happy for you!  Right now I'll just have to be happy with a normal BM and maybe after I lose some of the fluff I'll get to be excited about the BMI too!  Still so happy for you!!

Aussie H, Gretta and Jen581791 like this

1 hour ago, Karimeaway said:

I hoping this happens for me one day!  So happy for you!  Right now I'll just have to be happy with a normal BM and maybe after I lose some of the fluff I'll get to be excited about the BMI too!  Still so happy for you!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Such a major milestone! Way to go!

OUTSTANDING NEWS!!! I couldn't be happier for you! Enjoy the moment!

Aussie H likes this

18 hours ago, Aussie H said:

That's what my weightloss chart told me this morning as it switched from red "overweight" to green "normal".

I was definitely doing a happy dance when I had to see my family doctor this morning!!!! My dietician will be spitting chips tomorrow though when I see her. She's wrong, but won't be told any differently.

Heeheehee! Well done!!!

Aussie H likes this

Amazing....

On 8/17/2017 at 0:10 AM, Aussie H said:

WHAT WHAAAAAT?! I'm pleased for you. Heck, I'm throwing you a party right now! What did your dietician say?

On 8/17/2017 at 6:29 AM, CurvyMermaid said:

If I were talented enough, I'd come up with a dancing T-shirt GIF!

12 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

WHAT WHAAAAAT?! I'm pleased for you. Heck, I'm throwing you a party right now! What did your dietician say?

Surprisingly she was okay. Said she realised I was unhappy about being told to maintain weight last time I saw her. Asked if I was happy now...and I am (but between us that doesn't mean I'll stop losing). She really wants me to stop losing now, and is very concerned that she won't see me for 6 weeks after I have surgery on Monday. I won't be anywhere near now, and I will be immobile. I've told her I won't be weighing myself while in a cast. She didn't really like that but said she understood. She did ask me though to watch my clothes and if they get loser to try eating more.

NerdyLady likes this

Wonderful achievement Aussie H.

I'm tantalizingly close. Just a tiny few pounds and I'll join you in the blessed land of normal weight people. I guess I'm not putting in the necessary effort to do that. But soon my friend soon....

You must be in the operating room by now. I wish you a successful surgery and an easy recovery. Good luck

Aussie H and NerdyLady like this

26 minutes ago, Sleevalicious said:

Wonderful achievement Aussie H.

I'm tantalizingly close. Just a tiny few pounds and I'll join you in the blessed land of normal weight people. I guess I'm not putting in the necessary effort to do that. But soon my friend soon....

You must be in the operating room by now. I wish you a successful surgery and an easy recovery. Good luck

You are so close Sleevalicious...you will get there. As for me I still have a night's sleep ahead of me before surgery tomorrow afternoon. Just took my night before shower with their special sponges. I've never had to do this procedure before. I have to do another tomorrow before heading to the hospital.

Sorry I had the time wrong. Oops!!

Still you're a surgery veteran hero. I'm sure you'll be up on your feet in no time. Well in 2 months, but time will fly by. Best of luck getting over this last hurdle.

Hope to see you on the other side of a successful surgery.

NerdyLady and Aussie H like this

2 hours ago, Aussie H said:

You are so close Sleevalicious...you will get there. As for me I still have a night's sleep ahead of me before surgery tomorrow afternoon. Just took my night before shower with their special sponges. I've never had to do this procedure before. I have to do another tomorrow before heading to the hospital.

Good luck, Aussie. Do let us know how you are doing after the surgery. Sleep well. 

Aussie H likes this

@Aussie H hi!!

Just checking in on you. I hope your recovery is well underway. How are you feeling?:)

13 hours ago, Sleevalicious said:

@Aussie H hi!!

Just checking in on you. I hope your recovery is well underway. How are you feeling?:)

Mostly fine now @Sleevalicious. Had my post-op visit with surgeon yesterday. Backslab was removed and a cast was put on. Have to keep that and stay non-weightbearing for at least the next 6 weeks when I have my next followup. Planning on heading home on Saturday which I'm really looking forward to. Looking forward to my bed, my TV, and even more importantly my food. The relatives I've been staying with have been great....but there's no place like home.....plus it's freezing here, and rainy everyday, while home is much warmer and dry.

NerdyLady and BurgundyBoy like this

1 hour ago, Aussie H said:

Mostly fine now @Sleevalicious. Had my post-op visit with surgeon yesterday. Backslab was removed and a cast was put on. Have to keep that and stay non-weightbearing for at least the next 6 weeks when I have my next followup. Planning on heading home on Saturday which I'm really looking forward to. Looking forward to my bed, my TV, and even more importantly my food. The relatives I've been staying with have been great....but there's no place like home.....plus it's freezing here, and rainy everyday, while home is much warmer and dry.

<< So glad you are doing ok and moving towards home... >>

Aussie H likes this

29 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

<< So glad you are doing ok and moving towards home... >>

Thanks @BurgundyBoy. Still a very long way to go.....12-18 months I'm told until complete rehab....but at least I'm moving in the right direction now.

NerdyLady and BurgundyBoy like this