Minfit

Almost a year.

11 posts in this topic

what a year!!!! Sept 6th will be a year and it has been one of the hardest, longest, fastest, emotional year I have every had. 

everyday is still a surprise, am I going to be able to eat with out getting nauseated,  can I eat this at all. But it has been worth it!!  I look in the mirror and I don't know this person I am looking at, she is skinny and can wear a size 6/8 and she is happy and sad. 

Happy_ because I finally did something about being over weight for 31 years, happy because I can get great looking clothes at Goodwill and consignment shops for almost nothing, happy because my back dont hurt, my feet don't hurt, I can jog and exercise. I can eat a normal amount of food and be full and satisfied. HAPPY when people I haven't seen in years tell me how great I look. 

Not really disappointed about anything but I do miss some of my old life, enjoying a piece of cake or candy and it not making me sick (but who am I kidding a piece more like the whole bag).  I get tired of trying to figure out ways to eat more protein, planning my food for the day, worrying I eating good enough. I miss my sodas, sweet tea, I have a really hard time dealing with all my head hungry and cravings I don't think the cravings every go away. That terrifies me!! As time goes on will I be strong enough to fight these desires. 

Wish I could have surgery for my thighs and stomach but I  doubt that will every happen since insurance doesn't pay. 

I compare the very first few weeks of WLS to having my babies you forget all the pain and sickness once you start seeing results it just fades away some. 

Can I keep this up for the rest of my life____ who knows

But I believe I have the tools to help me to stay in control ( I pray I do ) 

Highest weight 262

Day of surgery 246

To date 130. I bounce from 133_ 129, am I through, I hope not but if I am I am very happy with the results   

Congrats on your surgiversary! You've had spectacular success and it sounds like you know how to hang on to that success, which I suppose is the important part. 

Your mixed feelings sound pretty normal - I can definitely relate. 

What do you think your most surprising NSV is so far?

Minfit likes this

It sounds like you've got your head in the game Misfit. Congratulations on the very impressive weightloss. Fortunately for me, food isn't something I miss, nor do I have any regrets about food yet. My regrets tend to revolve around loss of strength, and fatigue plays a big role as well. Those are things I'll hopefully be able to tackle as time goes by.

Minfit likes this

Congratulations on your weight loss success. One more thing to be happy about is that with this weight loss you have added many many years to your life expectancy. :)

Minfit, cinwa and Cheesehead like this

Happy surgiversary for next month Minfit!

Minfit likes this

10 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Congrats on your surgiversary! You've had spectacular success and it sounds like you know how to hang on to that success, which I suppose is the important part. 

Your mixed feelings sound pretty normal - I can definitely relate. 

What do you think your most surprising NSV is so far?

How fast it all has happened!! Putting on a beautiful sundress feels pretty awesome 

Jen581791 and BurgundyBoy like this

8 hours ago, Aussie H said:

It sounds like you've got your head in the game Misfit. Congratulations on the very impressive weightloss. Fortunately for me, food isn't something I miss, nor do I have any regrets about food yet. My regrets tend to revolve around loss of strength, and fatigue plays a big role as well. Those are things I'll hopefully be able to tackle as time goes by.

Thank you, yes I do struggle with being weak and no energy. It's wield that you feel better and weak at the same time!! I have a lot of dizzy spells 

5 hours ago, Minfit said:

Thank you, yes I do struggle with being weak and no energy. It's wield that you feel better and weak at the same time!! I have a lot of dizzy spells 

I do as well. I suspect they are very much related to diet....lack of sugar maybe? I also find quite often that I'm uncomfortable with bones that used to have padding now poking out, e.g. the tail one on a hard seat (or worse still the bathtub), knees that tend to knock together when laying in bed etc. Very small discomfort though in light of the damage excess weight was doing on all the body joints. Hahaha!!!

Minfit likes this

22 hours ago, Minfit said:

what a year!!!! Sept 6th will be a year and it has been one of the hardest, longest, fastest, emotional year I have every had..... But it has been worth it!!  I look in the mirror and I don't know this person I am looking at, she is skinny and can wear a size 6/8 and she is happy and sad. 

Happy_ because I finally did something about being over weight for 31 years, happy because I can get great looking clothes at Goodwill and consignment shops for almost nothing, happy because my back dont hurt, my feet don't hurt, I can jog and exercise. I can eat a normal amount of food and be full and satisfied. HAPPY when people I haven't seen in years tell me how great I look. 

Wow. You lost half your body weight. Pretty amazing. And you mention all the goods and the regrets and the fears and the exultation. THANK YOU for the post!

Minfit likes this

6 hours ago, Aussie H said:

I do as well. I suspect they are very much related to diet....lack of sugar maybe? I also find quite often that I'm uncomfortable with bones that used to have padding now poking out, e.g. the tail one on a hard seat (or worse still the bathtub), knees that tend to knock together when laying in bed etc. Very small discomfort though in light of the damage excess weight was doing on all the body joints. Hahaha!!!

Exactly!!! I have the same pain, sitting in my dinning room chair and my spine hurts from the back of the chair, my tailbone hurts when I sit very long. I have to put a pillow between my knees while in the bed on my side because I dont like that feeling when my knees are touching 

4 hours ago, Minfit said:

I have to put a pillow between my knees while in the bed on my side because I dont like that feeling when my knees are touching 

Same here! I've never had to use so many pillows just to get a good nights sleep. I'll have a cast on one leg from Monday....at least I won't have to get used to the pillow between the knees this time around. Haha!