NerdyLady

Three pounds away from goal.

44 posts in this topic

Absolutely beautiful, I love your smile! Awesome transformation, you did a great job. 

Trish13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Just wow. Your transformation is amazing and inspirational.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats NerdyLady. I love following your progress, even moreso because our stats, surgery dates etc are so closely aligned. Unlike you though I've never really been a photo sharer and doubt I ever will.

NerdyLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Aussie H said:

Congrats NerdyLady. I love following your progress, even moreso because our stats, surgery dates etc are so closely aligned. Unlike you though I've never really been a photo sharer and doubt I ever will.

Thanks @Aussie H! I do get a bit worried sharing my photos and debates sending them to individual people through the messaging app. I decided to bite the bullet and let folks see my progress. I also enjoy following your progress as we are twins! 

Edited by NerdyLady
Butter fingers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Res Ipsa said:

Wow. Just wow. Your transformation is amazing and inspirational.

 

Thanks @Res Ipsa! Next year, you won't even recognize me. ;)

 

Res Ipsa and BurgundyBoy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dtrain84 said:

Absolutely beautiful, I love your smile! Awesome transformation, you did a great job. 

Thanks @Dtrain84. As always, you are a sweetheart and a great cheerleader. 

Dtrain84 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, athenarose said:

Congrats on (basically) reaching your goal! You look so happy and vibrant. What an awesome transformation.

@athenarose Thanks lady. You are my inspiration! Someday, I want to be as fit as you are. Your story is inspirational!

athenarose likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats @NerdyLady on a major goal achievement.  And thank you for posting photos in addition to your insightful comments and rants about topics that I have definitely related to.  This forum works because of active participation by folks like you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NerdyLady!

Unlike all these trusting souls who accept that Photoshopped picture, I will have to insist on a mutual cup of coffee soon to confirm the thread. Let me know when you are up for a coffee at the Arlington Starbucks near the Minuteman Path.

Seriously, your progress is a real inspiration. Is it too forward to ask how your diabetes numbers look now? I remember your posts on how they were going towards normal. Your docs must be over the moon too!

Res Ipsa likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Thanks @Res Ipsa! Next year, you won't even recognize me. ;)

 

Sure I will - you will be the skinny minnie who shows up at our Boston TTF summer get together. :D

NerdyLady and CurvyMermaid like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GET. IT. GIRL!

You look amazing! Hella inspiration right there. I'm gonna stop procrastinating on my morning protein shake after seeing this :D

NerdyLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2017 at 9:45 AM, CurvyMermaid said:

Congrats @NerdyLady on a major goal achievement.  And thank you for posting photos in addition to your insightful comments and rants about topics that I have definitely related to.  This forum works because of active participation by folks like you! :)

Thank you @CurvyMermaid! There is nothing I like more than a good rant. You should see me yell at the radio! 

In all seriousness, I appreciate the kind words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2017 at 11:52 AM, delilas said:

GET. IT. GIRL!

You look amazing! Hella inspiration right there. I'm gonna stop procrastinating on my morning protein shake after seeing this :D

@delilas D'aw! You are so sweet. Now if my hair would stop falling out in clumps, I'd be happier!

I owe you a message! I'll get to it soon. xo

delilas likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/16/2017 at 9:51 AM, BurgundyBoy said:

@NerdyLady!

Unlike all these trusting souls who accept that Photoshopped picture, I will have to insist on a mutual cup of coffee soon to confirm the thread. Let me know when you are up for a coffee at the Arlington Starbucks near the Minuteman Path.

Seriously, your progress is a real inspiration. Is it too forward to ask how your diabetes numbers look now? I remember your posts on how they were going towards normal. Your docs must be over the moon too!

@BurgundyBoy!!!!! Are you back? I want to hear every last detail of your trip "home"! I'm in for Starbucks. I go to that Starbucks all the time. :)

My diabetes is fantastic! My morning numbers run about 90-98. I have had a few days where it's been 112 but I chalk that up to late night mango snacks. My A1c is stable at 6.1. WLS is the best thing I've ever done for myself. I want to go on a road show touting the good news that is WLS for diabetics. Thanks for asking. :)

 

 

Edited by NerdyLady
Raddy, BurgundyBoy and Res Ipsa like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2017 at 11:16 AM, NerdyLady said:

WHAT?! I'm a little stunned and the numbers on the scale haven't hit me. I'm in a bit of disbelief because, well, because. 

I'm still angry that I was advised to gain weight to qualify for WLS. I tried to gain weight and managed to put on about eight pounds thanks to Hostess cupcakes. I have been finding the wrappers stuffed deep in my couch cushions, in the nooks and crannies of my car and in my closet. I was ashamed of eating such terrible foods and hid the wrappers from my husband, even though he knew I was trying to gain weight. Every time I find a cupcake wrapper, I get angry all over again. How could my insurance company influence me to live an unhealthier lifestyle so that I could have surgery to become healthier??

The picture on the left was taken at this time last year. I'm not sure how much I weighed but I believe it was higher than 225. I may have weighed 235. I had spent a month in Europe with my family and should have been on cloud nine. I had my miracle baby and was deeply in love with her. I now see that I was miserable, depressed and full of self-hatred. The picture on the right is me today.

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_5047.jpg

I had to check the date on this post to see how I missed it...I was in lock up, lol. You...look...amazing!! The change is just incredible! Your smile in the first pic, although beautiful, looks forced. The second pic, well you look genuinely happy ❤️ Awesome job, my friend!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful pictures!!! What a fantastic transformation!! Brava Nerdy lady...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorgeous! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you look terrific and most importantly HAPPY!  Congrats!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CJireh said:

you look terrific and most importantly HAPPY!  Congrats!  

@CJireh Thanks for the compliment! I can't wait to return the favor. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now