NerdyLady

Three pounds away from goal.

44 posts in this topic

WHAT?! I'm a little stunned and the numbers on the scale haven't hit me. I'm in a bit of disbelief because, well, because. 

I'm still angry that I was advised to gain weight to qualify for WLS. I tried to gain weight and managed to put on about eight pounds thanks to Hostess cupcakes. I have been finding the wrappers stuffed deep in my couch cushions, in the nooks and crannies of my car and in my closet. I was ashamed of eating such terrible foods and hid the wrappers from my husband, even though he knew I was trying to gain weight. Every time I find a cupcake wrapper, I get angry all over again. How could my insurance company influence me to live an unhealthier lifestyle so that I could have surgery to become healthier??

The picture on the left was taken at this time last year. I'm not sure how much I weighed but I believe it was higher than 225. I may have weighed 235. I had spent a month in Europe with my family and should have been on cloud nine. I had my miracle baby and was deeply in love with her. I now see that I was miserable, depressed and full of self-hatred. The picture on the right is me today.

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_5047.jpg

tmcgee, Dtrain84, Dunndeal and 14 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is absolutely outstanding!

So!  Are you going to settle for 165lb or shoot for a little lower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cinwa said:

That is absolutely outstanding!

So!  Are you going to settle for 165lb or shoot for a little lower?

I think I'm going to shoot for a little lower until I feel that I'm at the right place. I'm a tall woman with broad shoulders and thick waist, so I'm still a little bigger than I would like to be. I am wearing an XL top and a size 14 bottom. I think I'm going to take it 5 lbs at a time and see how it goes. I want to find a weight that is sustainable and keeps me healthy.

Keeping 165 as my first goal was a good thing for me to do, because it gave me a target to work towards. :D

Thanks for being such a great support to me and everyone on the forum, @cinwa!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supporting others keeps me in check 

19 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

...........

Thanks for being such a great support to me and everyone on the forum, @cinwa!

Supporting others keeps me focussed on what I need to do because at almost 10 years out, it would be so easy to slip off the rails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You looks beautiful and happy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You look amazing. I'm so proud of you. Here it is, a year after that first picture, and your health is just a totally different story now. Good for you!

Shame about the insurance regs - it surely seems in no one's best interest to force an overweight person to gain weight in order to qualify for a medical procedure to lose weight. It's good that your whipped-hydrogenated-processed-crap-in-a-plastic-wrapper days are behind you, though. I still find metaphorical wrappers everywhere, but thankfully no physical ones...

Keep doing what you're doing and give yourself a big pat on the back from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, you look absolutely gorgeous, stunning, amazing, and HAPPY! So darn young, too! Just thrilled for you! Well done!

Karimeaway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You looks so happy and totally confident in your new picture! You have so much to be smiling about! Congratulations on a job well done! You are definitely an inspiration to me!

Gretta likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

You looks beautiful and happy!

Thank you, @Smashlee83. Your compliment means a lot to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

You look amazing. I'm so proud of you. Here it is, a year after that first picture, and your health is just a totally different story now. Good for you!

Shame about the insurance regs - it surely seems in no one's best interest to force an overweight person to gain weight in order to qualify for a medical procedure to lose weight. It's good that your whipped-hydrogenated-processed-crap-in-a-plastic-wrapper days are behind you, though. I still find metaphorical wrappers everywhere, but thankfully no physical ones...

Keep doing what you're doing and give yourself a big pat on the back from me.

@Jen581791 You know I couldn't do this without you, right? Thanks so much. xoxo

Fun fact that probably is only interesting to you. The mural I am standing in front of is the history of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church. I was at a beautiful monastery deep in the Rila Mountains.I remember being happy that day but my face tells another story.  

Jen581791 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trish13 said:

You looks so happy and totally confident in your new picture! You have so much to be smiling about! Congratulations on a job well done! You are definitely an inspiration to me!

Thanks @Trish13 You are already on your way to Slim Town. Look at how much you have changed in just a few weeks. Your message made me smile!

Trish13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gretta said:

Wow, you look absolutely gorgeous, stunning, amazing, and HAPPY! So darn young, too! Just thrilled for you! Well done!

Thank you @Gretta Maybe we will meet one day in California and are on our way to being swimsuit models?

Gretta likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOVELY!  You are quite tall - and I think you look perfect as is! <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

Thank you @Gretta Maybe we will meet one day in California and are on our way to being swimsuit models?

Sounds like a plan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You look wonderful.  You also look so much younger!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

@Jen581791 You know I couldn't do this without you, right? Thanks so much. xoxo

Fun fact that probably is only interesting to you. The mural I am standing in front of is the history of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church. I was at a beautiful monastery deep in the Rila Mountains.I remember being happy that day but my face tells another story.  

I've been there! I was wondering if it was that monastery. That was back before there was much tourism in the area - we stayed with a goatherd's family in a nearby village ;)  We had a lovely stay despite the language gap! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

I've been there! I was wondering if it was that monastery. That was back before there was much tourism in the area - we stayed with a goatherd's family in a nearby village ;)  We had a lovely stay despite the language gap! 

@Jen581791 I forgot that you have been everywhere! I have a picture of myself in the same spot 15 years earlier. It was meant to be a cute pic with my daughter. Guess I have to go again for an updated pic. ;)

 

Jen581791 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

You look wonderful.  You also look so much younger!

Thank you, @Cheesehead. People keep saying I look younger and I am flabbergasted! That's not a change I expected. In fact, I thought I would look older. 

Cheesehead, Trish13 and Jen581791 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

I think I'm going to shoot for a little lower until I feel that I'm at the right place. I'm a tall woman with broad shoulders and thick waist, so I'm still a little bigger than I would like to be. I am wearing an XL top and a size 14 bottom. I think I'm going to take it 5 lbs at a time and see how it goes. I want to find a weight that is sustainable and keeps me healthy.

Keeping 165 as my first goal was a good thing for me to do, because it gave me a target to work towards. :D

Thanks for being such a great support to me and everyone on the forum, @cinwa!

I love the approach you're taking with goal setting and hope you'll continue to share as it is so helpful and inspiring.  You do look incredibly fit and youthful, ten years younger at least.  Congratulations on your success!

Trish13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kayak19 said:

I love the approach you're taking with goal setting and hope you'll continue to share as it is so helpful and inspiring.  You do look incredibly fit and youthful, ten years younger at least.  Congratulations on your success!

@kayak19 What a lovely compliment. Thank you! I'm glad we have this forum to support one another. 

BTW, I was in Maine this weekend and saw many a kayak. I thought of you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

@Jen581791 I forgot that you have been everywhere! I have a picture of myself in the same spot 15 years earlier. It was meant to be a cute pic with my daughter. Guess I have to go again for an updated pic. ;)

 

A good excuse to visit Bulgaria? Yes, please!

You really look stunning - as has been mentioned, younger, but also more confident. I feel like I can see a sense of comfortableness in your own skin in the second photo. You look like you have agency! 

Trish13, athenarose and BurgundyBoy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You look so, so good @NerdyLady! Such an inspiration!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

A good excuse to visit Bulgaria? Yes, please!

You really look stunning - as has been mentioned, younger, but also more confident. I feel like I can see a sense of comfortableness in your own skin in the second photo. You look like you have agency! 

@Jen581791 *blush* Thank You! I don't know about stunning but I'll take younger any day!

Jen581791 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on (basically) reaching your goal! You look so happy and vibrant. What an awesome transformation.

Trish13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Raddy said:

You look so, so good @NerdyLady! Such an inspiration!

@Raddy Thank you! I looked at your stats and you are doing quite nicely yourself!

Raddy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now