Trish1967

Worsening symptoms

103 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Sleevalicious said:

The pictures of your grandson are adorable Trish1967. I understand how he can add a new dimension to your life.

I'm sorry you're struggling health wise, but reading your posts I know you're a fighter. You have already achieved so much.. Congrats on your weight loss and upbeat  attitude in the face of adversity. I hope you're feeling better.

Thank you, @Sleevalicious...my grandson has given me a precious reason to fight for what I need to do to get healthy and be around to watch him grow up!! 

Although the health struggles suck, and I occasionally give in to a pity party, this has been the better part of my life. It's either fight or give up, and I have no intention of giving up! :) Things will get better at some point, and when they do, I will be able to enjoy my weight loss and hopefully look back on this time and be proud of my accomplishments! Thank you so much for your kind words and support ❤️ I am feeling better, thank you! 

Sleevalicious likes this

Just now, Aussie H said:

Thanks Trish, NerdyLady and cinwa. I made the long drive to Adelaide today. It's 7.30 at night here now and my admission is 2.30 tomorrow afternoon.  I guess I'll just be happy when it's all over and I'm on my way to healing. @cinwa, they wouldn't be doing the surgery if my BMI was 30 or above. I take that as a warning not to let my weight climb up again. That risks fracturing not only the fusion site but also the heel where they are taking the bone graft from.

The best of luck to you, @Aussie H! Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!! ❤️ I'm happy to hear that you made it to your destination safely :) please let us know, when you're feeling up to it, how things went...and until then, if you need to talk, we are here for you!!! 

54 minutes ago, Aussie H said:

Thanks Trish, NerdyLady and cinwa. I made the long drive to Adelaide today. It's 7.30 at night here now and my admission is 2.30 tomorrow afternoon.  I guess I'll just be happy when it's all over and I'm on my way to healing. @cinwa, they wouldn't be doing the surgery if my BMI was 30 or above. I take that as a warning not to let my weight climb up again. That risks fracturing not only the fusion site but also the heel where they are taking the bone graft from.

Aussie H

I wish you all the best today as you face yet another surgery. I'm sure your positive personality will help you overcome this old/new hurdle on your way to great health.

Please let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it. I've grown used to reading your posts full of knowledge and wisdom.

Sending healing vibes and prayers your way across the continents.

Trish1967 likes this