Trish1967

Worsening symptoms

103 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I posted a question on Thursday about possibly being lactose intolerant after eating some yogurt. The gas, bloating and now constipation are just getting worse. Yesterday I wasn't able to eat as much as I have been, and I took some milk of magnesia for the constipation. I was able to have a BM, but it doesn't feel like I did. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with pretty bad cramping in what I first thought was my bladder. Today, I was able to eat a normal breakfast, without any discomfort. But for lunch I was only able to eat an ounce and a half of chicken and I had to stop. Cramping and bloating came back. Same thing with dinner. I feel severely constipated, even though I took more MoM today, and I've had several loose BM's. It feels like I haven't gone to the bathroom in a week, but I have. No nausea or vomiting. I'm planning on calling my surgeon tomorrow, but I'm freaking out. Have any of you had this happen? 

Im planning on doing only liquids tomorrow just in case...:unsure:

Edited by Trish1967

I just have to say 52 lbs in 3 months !!!!   Wow nice job.  Hope you get what's happening with you figured out soon.

Trish1967 likes this

When I have a spell of feeling bloated and "backed up" (when I knew that I wasn't), I backtracked and went to a liquid diet (broths, soups and protein shakes) for a day or so and that usually helps.

Jen581791 and Trish1967 like this

9 hours ago, tracyringo said:

I just have to say 52 lbs in 3 months !!!!   Wow nice job.  Hope you get what's happening with you figured out soon.

Thank you, Tracy :) It feels like it's coming off slowly, but when I look back at the numbers, I guess it's not as slow as I thought. I'm pretty happy with my progress so far. 

I hope I can figure out what's going on too...this is driving me nuts!

13 minutes ago, cinwa said:

When I have a spell of feeling bloated and "backed up" (when I knew that I wasn't), I backtracked and went to a liquid diet (broths, soups and protein shakes) for a day or so and that usually helps.

Thanks, Cinwa. That's exactly what I'm planning to do. I hope it helps, because I'm pretty uncomfortable. I'm starting to wonder if I'm having a diverticulitis flair up...only difference between this and that is no fever. I'm stocked up on broth and protein drinks for the day. 

CurvyMermaid and Jen581791 like this

I sure hope you figure this out right away. Smart move to involve the Dr right away before you feel any worse. Hope you get some relief soon, my friend!!! 

Trish1967 and tracyringo like this

Trish, I'm sorry you're having these problems :( I hope you get it straightened out soon. Take care of yourself. 

Trish1967 likes this

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, punkin. Hope they fix it soon.

Trish1967 likes this

How are you feeling this morning Trish1967?

Trish1967 likes this

Thinking of you this morning!

Trish1967 likes this

Do you still have your gallbladder?

I ask because even though I haven't had WLS yet, I have had my gb removed. Both before and even now occasionally after my removal, I would get right upper belly pain, and feel horribly bloated for days. Like you, it feels like I'm backed up, even if I'm not, and I don't tolerate eating much food.

Getting my gallbladder out helped immensely, but I still have the problem a couple times a year - my doc thinks my common bile duct gets blocked on occasion still by small stones. A few days of eating really lightly and pushing fluids seems to help work it out, and I'll miraculously awake one day without issues. 

Just a thought! Hope you're feeling better today and hope your doc works with you to  figure it out. 

Trish1967 and NerdyLady like this

Feeling any better, Trish? I hope you get answers soon.

Res Ipsa and Trish1967 like this

Posted (edited)

It wasn't the yogurt @Gretta...sighs...I have diverticulitis, for the 4th time! Grrr in the hospital on IV antibiotics and pain meds :( battery is dying so I'll write more once hubby gets here with my charger

Edited by Trish1967

8 hours ago, delilas said:

Do you still have your gallbladder?

I ask because even though I haven't had WLS yet, I have had my gb removed. Both before and even now occasionally after my removal, I would get right upper belly pain, and feel horribly bloated for days. Like you, it feels like I'm backed up, even if I'm not, and I don't tolerate eating much food.

Getting my gallbladder out helped immensely, but I still have the problem a couple times a year - my doc thinks my common bile duct gets blocked on occasion still by small stones. A few days of eating really lightly and pushing fluids seems to help work it out, and I'll miraculously awake one day without issues. 

Just a thought! Hope you're feeling better today and hope your doc works with you to  figure it out. 

Nope, gallbladder was taken out in 1990

I'm so sorry, Trish! I hope you are feeling better very soon. Glad there were able to figure out what it was and got a plan of action right away. Try to relax and have a good night! Hugs!! 

Trish1967 likes this

@delilas, so sorry for the short answer. I had my gallbladder out in 1990 because of stones that developed after the birth of my son. I lost 50 pounds in two weeks after his birth, and hence the stones. I called my surgeon first thing this morning and they had me come right into the office. She tried to send me over for a CT, but the insurance company said it takes 2 days (?!?) for approval. Doc told them it had to be today, since I can't even tolerate water now. So she sent me to the ER, because they don't need prior authorization that way. So screwed up!! So anyway, after a ton of blood work and the CT, I'm admitted :( The pain meds are taking the edge off, but nothing by mouth until at least tomorrow morning. Thank you so much for your concern! ❤

Trish13, NerdyLady and delilas like this

On 8/13/2017 at 7:18 PM, Jen581791 said:

Trish, I'm sorry you're having these problems :( I hope you get it straightened out soon. Take care of yourself. 

Thanks, hun ❤ Admitted to the hospital with diverticulitis :( Hopefully it'll only be 2 days. Thanks for worrying about me ❤

12 hours ago, Carina said:

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, punkin. Hope they fix it soon.

Aww, calling me punkin makes me feel good!! They're fixing it now, hopefully ❤

Carina likes this

42 minutes ago, Trish13 said:

I'm so sorry, Trish! I hope you are feeling better very soon. Glad there were able to figure out what it was and got a plan of action right away. Try to relax and have a good night! Hugs!! 

Thank you sweet friend ❤ I kept saying to my husband that the pain felt like diverticulitis, since I've had it 3 times prior to this. The only reason I discounted the idea was because I have no fever this time...all of the other times I did. But I'm in a good hospital and they are giving me IV antibiotics and good pain meds. I really feel the love from you guys...thank you!

11 hours ago, Karimeaway said:

Thinking of you this morning!

Thank you, Kari!! ❤❤❤

Posted (edited)

I really appreciate all of the love and concern from you all! You've always been here and it means the world to me ❤ One positive in all of this...it wasn't my surgery causing this, thank God! 

IMG_6517.JPG

IMG_6518.JPG

IMG_6519.JPG

Edited by Trish1967

I'm so glad your team got you figured out, even though diverticulitis does not sound fun. At least you're not wondering anymore. I hope you get back to 100% very soon. We're all here sending your good thoughts.

giphy.gif

Trish1967 and NerdyLady like this

4 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

It wasn't the yogurt @Gretta...sighs...I have diverticulitis, for the 4th time! Grrr in the hospital on IV antibiotics and pain meds :( battery is dying so I'll write more once hubby gets here with my charger

Oh no! I hear that can be very painful. I hope they fix you up quickly. So sorry you're experiencing this. At least you don't have to cut out the yogurt. Hugs!

Trish1967 likes this

So sorry to hear that you're having to deal with this, but glad you finally have an answer.  Hope you are feeling better today!

Trish1967 likes this

Sorry to hear you're back in hospital Trish.  Hopefully, it won't be for too long.

Trish1967 likes this

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

She tried to send me over for a CT, but the insurance company said it takes 2 days (?!?) for approval. Doc told them it had to be today, since I can't even tolerate water now. So she sent me to the ER, because they don't need prior authorization that way. So screwed up!! So anyway, after a ton of blood work and the CT, I'm admitted :( 

UGH story of my life. At least a few times a week I have to do the same thing for our patients. I had a patient coughing up blood once and their insurance denied their CT order. Off to the ER you go, but at the same time, CMS is on us to reduce admissions <_<

Rant over :D I'm so sorry you have to be admitted, but I'm glad too, so they can keep you hydrated and keep your pain under control. Divertic is no joke! I hope you feel better soon - Keep us updated!

Edited by delilas
I cant read :D
NerdyLady, Jen581791 and Trish1967 like this