Trish13

Update...

30 posts in this topic

Hi @Trish13 Just back from vacation and checking in. Very sorry to hear of this but glad it is not worse.

For those folks stalking the Forum this goes to the importance of an high protein intake to make sure you can heal after surgery, and to how there is just an element of luck in all of this. Even those of us like @Trish13 who do everything right can still have something like this happen. WLS is not a guaranteed easy ride. 

Don't be down on yourself for having the courage to deal with your former situation. Not much good in life comes easily, or without sacrifice, or some pain along the way. A month or so ago an Adult who had surgery 5+ years ago posted about how she had months of troubles after WLS but is now at goal, happy, and so forth. You'll be there Trish!! Let us know how you are doing, rooting for a speedy resolution for you!

kayak19 likes this

Checking in for an update Trish - how are you doing today?

Trish13 likes this

@cinwa - thanks for checking in! Today doesn't appear to be such a good day, so far. I'm having a lot of nausea and hard to put anything in my stomach. Good news, I have a backup with the TPN nutrition. The nurse called me with the results of my blood draw from yesterday and my numbers look really good and all in the normal ranges. Therefore, they are going to keep my nutrition mix the same for the upcoming week. Yesterday I felt a little stronger and ate about 1/2 cup of a chipotle burrito bowl and for dinner some watermelon and a handful of baby goldfish crackers with some cheese. I also got about 2 bottles of water down, so the best day I had in a while. Unfortunately, today is not cooperating as well...lol! Seems to be my life right now...lol! After I had gotten home from my last hospital stint, I went from 267 to 277. I weighted myself this morning and I am down to 270, so that is a positive that I will take for today.

Edited by Trish13
BurgundyBoy, kayak19 and Jen581791 like this

4 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Hi @Trish13 Just back from vacation and checking in. Very sorry to hear of this but glad it is not worse.

For those folks stalking the Forum this goes to the importance of an high protein intake to make sure you can heal after surgery, and to how there is just an element of luck in all of this. Even those of us like @Trish13 who do everything right can still have something like this happen. WLS is not a guaranteed easy ride. 

Don't be down on yourself for having the courage to deal with your former situation. Not much good in life comes easily, or without sacrifice, or some pain along the way. A month or so ago an Adult who had surgery 5+ years ago posted about how she had months of troubles after WLS but is now at goal, happy, and so forth. You'll be there Trish!! Let us know how you are doing, rooting for a speedy resolution for you!

@BurgundyBoy - WELCOME HOME! I hope your trip was amazing and fun! I know you were checking in as you could, but we all sure missed your wise words and daily interactions. The comment for the pre-op/just post-op lurkers was very spot on. It is a lot of hard work and it is not always easy and smooth sailing. I am usually a great healer after surgery, and for some reason this particular surgery is kicking my butt.

I'm trying to not get down, but it is definitely hard. I am forcing myself to get on here multiple times a day. Seeing the updates and questions are keeping me interacting with everyone and trying to gain inspiration from those succeeding as I try to picture myself in the place they are now to help drive me through the day - how about NerdyLady just shy of her goal? Isn't that so awesome?!!!!! I put an update as of today in a response to cinwa just above this comment. Thanks for the kind words and checking in on me, I truly appreciate it!

Edited by Trish13
BurgundyBoy, cinwa and Jen581791 like this

Way to hang in there, Trish. I know this is really affecting all aspects of your day and mood, and you really are persevering beautifully. So happy your bloodwork looks good. Are you taking anything for the nausea? Sending hugs and healing vibes.