kristynnicole

Food Possibly Stuck

Hey all, Tuesday evening I ate some chicken and it initially sat really good with me then after an hour or so I felt like something was stuck in my chest. I didn't want to make myself vomit so I went to bed and hoped it would pass. Well it didn't. I woke up Wednesday with the feeling still there and had it all day. Now this morning, Thursday, it's still there. I've kept food to just liquids the past 24 hours and I've kept everything down great. I plan on calling my doctor but has anyone else had the "food stuck" feeling for this long? I just want it to pass. It's reminding me of when I used to over eat and have to burp all night long. Thanks guys! 

Edited by kristynnicole

I have not had that happen Kristy but I know of one RNY'er who did and it turned out to be a stricture that needed dilation.

Put a call into your surgeon's office.

This is my copied/paste answer to another person who wondered if they had a stricture:

Strictures are no fun! 

"So I had the endoscopy and I do have a stricture. Unfortunately they couldn't fix it and because of its severity it needs a slightly different procedure. So tomorrow I drink some sort of barium and they'll watch as I eat something, then another appointment to take of the stricture through a procedure called fluoro dilation. I was told that the opening should be around 33mm and mine was 2mm!! they were surprised I could even drink water!" Plus I had the procedure done twice.

You too will get through this! Once it's over life is good  Best of luck!

What you are describing does not sound normal. I suggest that you go see your doctor as soon as you can. 

Called the doctors office and they are doing some troubleshooting stuff. Trying to rule out a stricture. They had me take a tablespoon of olive oil and then in 4-6 hours to have some lemon water or some mint tea. I have to check back in with them tomorrow afternoon. Praying it's nothing major. Thanks for everyone's input! :) 

Fingers crossed that it's just a little bump in the road Kristy.

Hopefully that helps...please keep us posted. Best wishes for feeling better soon! 

On 8/10/2017 at 7:01 PM, kristynnicole said:

Called the doctors office and they are doing some troubleshooting stuff. Trying to rule out a stricture. They had me take a tablespoon of olive oil and then in 4-6 hours to have some lemon water or some mint tea. I have to check back in with them tomorrow afternoon. Praying it's nothing major. Thanks for everyone's input! :) 

How did it go?