Smashlee83

Linzess and burnt popcorn

4 posts in this topic

So some of ya'll know I was on the struggle bus with constipation. Like Miralax, Probiotics, Smooth Move Tea, Glycerin Suppositories and Saline Enemas. At the same time. A few weeks ago my surgeon prescribed me Linzess. It works. Maybe too well? Last week I spent most of my work week in the bathroom and even had to go home one day because it was just too much. I've also started burping this horrid taste, like burnt popcorn. It's terrible. I've been getting some acid reflux as well that started before the linzess. What is going on? I can't decide what is from the meds and what isn't. I stopped the Linzess for a few days but the constipation came back.

At what point do I start seeing a GI dr, and stop asking my surgeon?

I don't have any advice for you, @Smashlee83, I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're dealing with this! It doesn't sound fun :( Hang in there. Someone here will have some more informed words for you, I'm sure. 

You are lucky Linzess works for you. Maybe cut the dose in half?

Ugh. Sorry. I think you might have luck playing with the dose of Linzess (take it every other day or every 3 days, cut the pill smaller (if a pharmacist approves), take only before bed so it does it's best work while you are at home & asleep?). If you're having acid reflux, I'd advise sleeping sitting up as much as possible until you get to the bottm of it. Are you taking anything for acid?