kisten1210

8 weeks PO - TT with repair, lipo, BA

36 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, kisten1210 said:

@NerdyLady the plastics coordinators name is Elsie - her email address is [email protected] She can coordinate anything!  Dr. Castillo and his staff (My Best Body Ever) are amazing!  I also did dental work while I was down there through them!  I had all of my metal fillings replaced with white porcelain-3 of them for $125!  That was through ALM as well!

@Gretta I'm feeling great!  I did a lot of PRE prep work and POST follow up work.  With supplements and light therapy (red light and infrared). Day 1 of week 4 I was able to start walking on a treadmill - slowly progressing cardio - day 1 of week 8 I was able to swim (yeah!). I did a yoga class this last weekend and lifted light weights today (I'm supposed to wait 3 more weeks but my PT says I'm ready, just no abdominal work directly). I RAN 2 miles yesterday in 20 mins without a huge flap of skin for the first time in my life!  THAT WAS AMAZING!!!

@kisten1210 We've had the same dentist in Tijuana for over 20 years. The quality work we have had done at affordable prices has been fantastic. We've become so friendly with our dentist that we've even vacationed with his extended family! 

kisten1210 likes this

@NerdyLady that's awesome!  I had a great dental experience there as well!  My dentist here was perfectly okay with the work!  Either way, I got it done!

IMG_7517.JPG

NerdyLady likes this

@Smashlee83 you're funny!  I've had to be so open about my experience-especially with my inlaws, that I'm okay with it!  I've enjoyed the entire experience- excluding day 2 Post op!

IMG_7475.mov

NerdyLady likes this

2 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

I think you're my new hero.

Ditto. 

Smashlee83 likes this

20 minutes ago, kisten1210 said:

@NerdyLady that's awesome!  I had a great dental experience there as well!  My dentist here was perfectly okay with the work!  Either way, I got it done!

IMG_7517.JPG

Awesome photo!

My US dentist has been impressed with past work I've gotten done in Tijuana. Yay to us!!

I am saving and loving this entire thread.  I have a long way to go before I'm ready for plastics but I think I was a bit more anxious about that step than I thought. Reading about your experience @kisten1210 has been a relief and I am loving the idea of a girls trip or at least getting to know some surgery buddies before taking the trip!

After your two weeks in Mexico, were you able to go home and right back to work? Did you have a stateside local contact for followups?

kisten1210 and NerdyLady like this

@CurvyMermaid - there are a couple things to remember for plastics!  The better physical shape you're in (fitness wise) the faster you're going to bounce back!  Also, the lower your BMI!  I was in top physical shape for me!  I was dodging cars to cross the road for Starbucks by day 3 ... some women didn't even leave the hotel at all until they kicked them out for their flights!  I was also off pain meds completely by day 4. 

Back to work when you get home depends on your work!  Desk job ... sure!  I teach swimming, gymnastics and kickboxing. I was just able to take a bath at week 8 (last week) even though the entire wound was closed. Also, cannot chance getting kicked in the abdominal muscles. Other thing to remember - energy is JUST NOW returning to normal!!  Just lifted weights for the first time yesterday!  It is a long process!

I had my Primary Care Doctor do all of my pre op physicals and post op stuff - I wanted to have someone in my side JUST IN CASE - this isn't required. They do it all down there!  It was all for me and my husbands sanity!  

Here is a picture of me...post-op day 3, I ran across the street, my surgery buddies who were having surgery the next day wouldn't even run across!  lol!

IMG_7505.JPG

NerdyLady likes this

Congratulations - your results look great!

Wow. Just wow. I want in on this plastics party!! 

Good for you!

OH MY HEAVENS! I am so looking forward to this! Thank you for all the great info. I need to be out a little bit further and in a little better shape, but I am so in. A girls fortnight would be awesome.

You sound like fun. When are you coming to Europe? Lol

Thanks so much for posting these pics. So curious whether I'm going to be considering plastics when I "get there".