kisten1210

8 weeks PO - TT with repair, lipo, BA

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I bit the bullet 8 weeks ago!  My husband & I flew down to Tijuana to a very well known Post Bariatric plastic surgeon and underwent the FULL surgery!  I had a tummy tuck with EXTENSIVE muscle repair, light liposculpture & Breast Augmentation (no lift, no fat transfer). I will honestly say a couple things. 

1. Best choice I have ever made!  A lot of research went into this choice, well worth it!  (7.5# skins removed, 2.5 liters of fat lipo & 7.25 hours of surgery)

2. Best experience I have ever had, 2 weeks of being taken care of by nurses after that surgery!  Amazing!

3.  Glad I put myself into great physical health prior to surgery ... made PO that much easier!  It's been pretty easy!

4. Swell Hell IS A THING! - but it's getting there!  

5.  Liposuction sucks!  Day 2 is the worst, but the sun rises in day 3 and it's okay!  You CAN do this!

Feel free to ask any questions you'd like!  It was an amazing journey and I've documented it every moment along the way, including everything - $ and photos of everything...

 

Tomorrow I'll upload my 8 week photos!  It's amazing the difference from the 5 week photos!

IMG_7331.JPG

IMG_7673.JPG

IMG_7673.JPG

IMG_7916.JPG

IMG_7918.JPG

Edited by kisten1210
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are outstanding results kisten!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, cinwa said:

Those are outstanding results kisten!

It's getting there, thank you!  Looking forward to a full on work out and not just "light cardio" but it is truly a patient progression Surgery!  I can see how it does take a full year for complete results!  Finally got to swim and take bathes this week!

IMG_8119.JPG

Edited by kisten1210
Photo!
NerdyLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

kisten1210 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for you! Thanks for sharing - looking great :) 

kisten1210 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking great! Would you mind sharing what doctor you working with in Tijuana? I had my RNY in Tijuana and if I ever do reconstructive surgery, I'd like to do it in TJ.

kisten1210 and Jen581791 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would LOVE to know what the cost looked like for the full thing. Did it take the full 2 weeks in the hospital to feel well enough to return home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

Looking great! Would you mind sharing what doctor you working with in Tijuana? I had my RNY in Tijuana and if I ever do reconstructive surgery, I'd like to do it in TJ.

Maybe the doctor does group rates ;) I could see wanting some plastics at some point...

valslosinit likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

Maybe the doctor does group rates ;) I could see wanting some plastics at some point...

Girls trip / Surgery buddies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine 2 weeks in a hospital with @NerdyLady & @Jen581791 would be almost like a vacation.

 

Clickin, CurvyMermaid and Gretta like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Smashlee83 said:

I would imagine 2 weeks in a hospital with @NerdyLady & @Jen581791 would be almost like a vacation.

 

That would be a whole different Girls Trip movie... with like 5000% more cursing and crying, I imagine! :lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in there with 3 ladies that I had made great friends with prior to going via the web - it was a lot of crying from laughter - I was the first one - and the most physically fit; so they made me do everything!  It was a good time!  Here's some from last night. Slowly swelling is diminishing!  My PCP is having me keep straight line tape on to have the scar be minimal!  I don't have to - but I've noticed that in comparison to others scars, mine is almost nothing ALREADY!

IMG_8337.JPG

IMG_8339.JPG

IMG_8340.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smashlee83 said:

Girls trip / Surgery buddies?

I'll go again!

Jen581791 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

I would LOVE to know what the cost looked like for the full thing. Did it take the full 2 weeks in the hospital to feel well enough to return home?

$8800 for the surgery, stay and companion...additionals are flight food and anything else you need. They pick you up at the airport and transport you to and from appts and surgery.  Pretty amazing!  They have a Facebook page. ALM plastics (official). @Smashlee83

Edited by kisten1210
Add hashtags
CurvyMermaid likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Looking great! Would you mind sharing what doctor you working with in Tijuana? I had my RNY in Tijuana and if I ever do reconstructive surgery, I'd like to do it in TJ.

The best of the best (I researched so much!). Through ALM (A Lighter Me)- his name is Rodolfo Castillo, the only surgeon they use!  Where did you go through?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your pics are amazing!!! I hope you're feeling good, too.

kisten1210 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Maybe the doctor does group rates ;) I could see wanting some plastics at some point...

 

1 hour ago, kisten1210 said:

I'll go again!

 

3 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

I would imagine 2 weeks in a hospital with @NerdyLady & @Jen581791 would be almost like a vacation.

 

@Jen581791 @Smashlee83 @kisten1210

I bet we could negotiate some sort of discount. My husband is in sales and can get a discount out of anyone. Hmm. Maybe I should have thought about that when I had my RNY...

My breasts are sad little bags post breast pumping and post surgery. I would love to get plastics but as I told @athenarose on another thread, I'm terrified that I will have keloid scaring.My WLS scars don't look that great but maybe someone in plastics could help me with the scaring issues?

Maybe I'll go down to this clinic when I go to California next month*. I have to take my mom to the dentist anyway. Maybe I'll ask for an in person consult?

A group plastics trip would be fun and help pass the time!

EDIT *I'd go for a consult. It's way too early in my journey for plastics!

Edited by NerdyLady
kisten1210 and Jen581791 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kisten1210 said:

The best of the best (I researched so much!). Through ALM (A Lighter Me)- his name is Rodolfo Castillo, the only surgeon they use!  Where did you go through?

@kisten1210 Thanks for getting back to me about your surgeon. You look great and I for one am thankful you posted photos. I don't know that I'd be brave enough! Hats off to you.

I went to Angeles Hospital in Tijuana for WLS with Dr. Corvala Lopez. Like you, I did a ton of research and felt that he was the right surgeon for me. Angeles also has plastics but its nice to hear from an IRL person who has had a positive experience. I doubt I could afford plastics in the US and Tijuana is my city of choice for out of the US medical services. 

kisten1210 and Jen581791 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kisten1210 said:

I was in there with 3 ladies that I had made great friends with prior to going via the web - it was a lot of crying from laughter - I was the first one - and the most physically fit; so they made me do everything!  It was a good time!  Here's some from last night. Slowly swelling is diminishing!  My PCP is having me keep straight line tape on to have the scar be minimal!  I don't have to - but I've noticed that in comparison to others scars, mine is almost nothing ALREADY!

IMG_8337.JPG

IMG_8339.JPG

IMG_8340.JPG

OMG. You look fantastic!!!

Jen581791 and kisten1210 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kisten1210 really really looking great. I salute your bravery in posting pix - it made me brave enough to post my progress pix (in clothes but hey baby steps!).

So helpful to see your results.

NerdyLady and kisten1210 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NerdyLady said:

 

 

@Jen581791 @Smashlee83 @kisten1210

I bet we could negotiate some sort of discount. My husband is in sales and can get a discount out of anyone. Hmm. Maybe I should have thought about that when I had my RNY...

My breasts are sad little bags post breast pumping and post surgery. I would love to get plastics but as I told @athenarose on another thread, I'm terrified that I will have keloid scaring.My WLS scars don't look that great but maybe someone in plastics could help me with the scaring issues?

Maybe I'll go down to this clinic when I go to California next month. I have to take my mom to the dentist anyway. Maybe I'll ask for an in person consult?

A group plastics trip would be fun and help pass the time!

@NerdyLady the plastics coordinators name is Elsie - her email address is [email protected] She can coordinate anything!  Dr. Castillo and his staff (My Best Body Ever) are amazing!  I also did dental work while I was down there through them!  I had all of my metal fillings replaced with white porcelain-3 of them for $125!  That was through ALM as well!

 

@Gretta I'm feeling great!  I did a lot of PRE prep work and POST follow up work.  With supplements and light therapy (red light and infrared). Day 1 of week 4 I was able to start walking on a treadmill - slowly progressing cardio - day 1 of week 8 I was able to swim (yeah!). I did a yoga class this last weekend and lifted light weights today (I'm supposed to wait 3 more weeks but my PT says I'm ready, just no abdominal work directly). I RAN 2 miles yesterday in 20 mins without a huge flap of skin for the first time in my life!  THAT WAS AMAZING!!!

Jen581791 and Gretta like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

OMG. You look fantastic!!!

@NerdyLady I picked Dr Castillo because of the way he does belly buttons (nothing like they do in the US) and because he uses NO drain tubes!!  My belly button looks amazing!  If you can have an amazing belly button!  1st pic is my 1 week post op swollen BB. 2nd is a traditional TT BB. 3rd is my husband & I guesstimating where my new BB would be!

IMG_8114.PNG

Jen581791 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

That would be a whole different Girls Trip movie... with like 5000% more cursing and crying, I imagine! :lol: 

 

@Jen581791 worth it!  And the tacos!!  OMG, the tacos!

Jen581791 and Smashlee83 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I think that I put before pictures in, but I can't be very sure! Here are some of my post op before pictures!   I think that they were collaged! Here they are separated if you want to see a bigger picture of how much skin there actually was!

 

I did not get a breast lift, I only got implants.

IMG_7279.JPG

IMG_7284.JPG

IMG_7278.JPG

IMG_7281.JPG

IMG_7283.JPG

IMG_7282.JPG

IMG_7289.JPG

IMG_7292.JPG

Smashlee83 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're my new hero.

 

Kiplill and kisten1210 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now