Trish13

Omgosh....the pain

20 posts in this topic

Today I woke up with a bad headache. I didn't really think that much about it because the weather has been really wonky here with rain and temps all over the place, which is a normal trigger for me. Fast forward to mid morning. I got up and drank some dt cranberry juice - about 4 oz. About 45 mins later I made a scrambled egg with Fairlife milk and 1/2 slice of American cheese - in which I ate only half. Then about 1 hour later I tried sipping some water but I felt so incredibly full on one sip that was all I got down. So about another hour later I felt thirsty, so I took 2 tiny little sips of water. Five mins later I was crying in pain... omgosh it was so bad... then I started throwing up. Not much , but again I haven't had much at this point, so I'm guessing it was everything. Now here I am almost four hours later laying in bed and have had the threat of throwing up not stop and the pain level keeps creeping up and it is right in the top center of my stomach/abdomen. I can't tolerated any movements on the bed. I have been belching, so I just sent my husband for some Gas X strips hoping they'd help. There is just no way to get fluids, pills, or food down at the moment. I was wondering if it could be a stricture, but I've been eating pretty good the past week getting in almost 50g of protein a day with no issue. Any thoughts? Whew...this a doozy. 

NerdyLady likes this

That sounds terrible! I have no clue but if call the doctor. I hope you get some healing quick!!

Trish13 likes this

Trish,

I would not wait - call your surgeon's office now.

Trish13 likes this

So sorry this is happening. I agree, call your surgeon.

Trish13 likes this

So sorry this is happening to you, @Trish13, my surgery buddy!  I hope you get some help and answers soon and that it's a simple issue.

Trish13 likes this

1 hour ago, Trish13 said:

Today I woke up with a bad headache. I didn't really think that much about it because the weather has been really wonky here with rain and temps all over the place, which is a normal trigger for me. Fast forward to mid morning. I got up and drank some dt cranberry juice - about 4 oz. About 45 mins later I made a scrambled egg with Fairlife milk and 1/2 slice of American cheese - in which I ate only half. Then about 1 hour later I tried sipping some water but I felt so incredibly full on one sip that was all I got down. So about another hour later I felt thirsty, so I took 2 tiny little sips of water. Five mins later I was crying in pain... omgosh it was so bad... then I started throwing up. Not much , but again I haven't had much at this point, so I'm guessing it was everything. Now here I am almost four hours later laying in bed and have had the threat of throwing up not stop and the pain level keeps creeping up and it is right in the top center of my stomach/abdomen. I can't tolerated any movements on the bed. I have been belching, so I just sent my husband for some Gas X strips hoping they'd help. There is just no way to get fluids, pills, or food down at the moment. I was wondering if it could be a stricture, but I've been eating pretty good the past week getting in almost 50g of protein a day with no issue. Any thoughts? Whew...this a doozy. 

That sounds like you could have a stricture. I had one back in early May that required dilation. I was throwing everything back up food, water and my medication along with the supplements the nutritionist ordered me to take. I had the same pain you're describing with my stricture. Right in the center above the abdomen.  

Trish13 likes this

Thanks for input guys. Called surgeon....on way to ER. Too much pain to wait. 

Jen581791 likes this

10 minutes ago, Trish13 said:

Thanks for input guys. Called surgeon....on way to ER. Too much pain to wait. 

Glad to hear you acted promptly Trish.  Post an update when you can - we're all thinking of you.

Trish13 likes this

Yikes. Let us know what you learn at the ER. We are here to support you. 

Trish13 likes this

Good luck in the ER. So sorry you have to hang out there :(

Trish13 likes this

Good luck! I hope it's something small and that you feel better really soon!!!

Trish13 likes this

Well the good news is that the blood work is ok & cat scan is ok at initial glance. Unfortunately I'm still having a lot of nausea and pain, but they are treating with meds via IV. They are keeping me overnight. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Jen581791 and kayak19 like this

You have a great attitude, @Trish13. I hope they figure it out quickly.

Jen581791 and Trish13 like this

Sending prayers that you feel better soon, Trish!! You're in my thoughts ❤️

Trish13 and Jen581791 like this

Glad to hear that there's nothing serious going on Trish - you were right to get it checked out promptly.

Trish13 and Jen581791 like this

I'm glad the scans and tests came out OK. Hopefully the nausea and pain go away soon! 

giphy.gif

Trish13 likes this

Still in the hospital and having problems with nausea and some pain along with Dehydration and constipation. Tomorrow morning I'm having an endoscope again to see if there's any restrictions by gastro Dr. They just put in a PICC line so now I'm in a holding pattern until tomorrow's endoscope results. Sounds like the plan is they are going to put me on tpn nutrition and IV fluids. Hopefully get to come home tomorrow, but could be Fri. That is the most up-to-date report I can give at this point. Pretty frustrating to say the least. 

Sending you a hug Trish.

Trish13 likes this

Oh Trish, what a drag. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. No fun at all. Warm hugs.

Trish13 likes this

Watching for a positive update! thinking of you Trish!

Trish13 likes this