KT74

I'm in trouble...GAINS

34 posts in this topic

Just now, Gretta said:

Another little thing about stevia, I avoid those products that blend erythritol with the stevia. Otherwise I'd be in the bathroom all day. Sorry, TMI.

LOL not TMI at all, that is the OTHER issue I have that makes me stall. That protein just gets me good, I have to drink Smooth Move tea or I won't lose any weight for days. 

That IS stressful. Be kind to yourself. You're doing great. It's a marathon with lots of course corrections along the way. So glad we have each other.

2 minutes ago, Michael_A said:

Yep straight Stevia for me.I'm super careful about reading the contents now too, after buying Walmart's individual "stevia" packets but not noticing until I got home that it was actually a mix with xylitol. "Now" brand stevia is great stuff.

This one? https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0017WG180/ref=sxts_sxwds-tsp_1_a_it?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3155180962&pd_rd_wg=B8BkY&pf_rd_r=Q1QW4GP07F5N1RQFKQVW&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B0017WG180&pd_rd_w=FliUj&pf_rd_i=now%2Bstevia&pd_rd_r=1H5P8MNVDTX4PYK5PPS0&ie=UTF8&qid=1502298531&sr=1&th=1

Just now, KT74 said:

LOL not TMI at all, that is the OTHER issue I have that makes me stall. That protein just gets me good, I have to drink Smooth Move tea or I won't lose any weight for days. 

Maybe you'll like erythritol then ;)

Jen581791 and Michael_A like this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Gretta said:

Maybe you'll like erythritol then ;)

giphy.gif

Edited by KT74

22 minutes ago, KT74 said:

Before I went on vacation, for the first 3 months post op, I didn't eat any hard carbs (no bread, pasta, rice, or fruit with skin) and very little other carbs, so that was something new I added to my diet in Texas, and it actually seemed to help, strangely enough. I was on vacation for 2-3 weeks and one day I guess my body had enough and I felt very weak and faint. This is when I reintroduced carbs (whole wheat, some crackers etc, no pasta or rice) and I instantly felt better. Maybe I've adjusted to carbs now and it's time to take them back out, that's the only thing I can think of causing this weight gain. 

For some reason, it kind of seems like switching things up to "trick" the body into losing weight seems to help for some people... :wacko: It would be really helpful if we just understood the physiological processes better!! I'm glad to hear that 3 lbs went away, however that happened. It's a bit of a mystery, isn't it? 

Sorry you're dealing with a stressful move. I'm in the same boat right now, so I get the stress levels. I hope it all goes as smoothly as a big move can for you. Keep working at doing your best with the eating and keeping active and don't beat yourself up about not going to the gym if you're keeping active - you can only have so much on your plate at once!

If you have younger kids, chances are you are more active than you think.  

I get over 10,000 steps a day in, but never worked out (I have bad ankles). 

I agree, get rid of the carbs till you get to goal.  I didn't add in fruit til I got down to goal.  Now, I eat a lot of fruits (mainly berries with Greek yogurt right now). I went through an apple kick for a while.  But before goal I focused on protein.  To be honest I could do serious damage to a box of cheese it's.  On camping weekends hubby likes them to snack on in the truck.  Last time I brought a baggie of blueberries...

Jen581791 likes this

8 hours ago, Gretta said:

Another little thing about stevia, I avoid those products that blend erythritol with the stevia. Otherwise I'd be in the bathroom all day. Sorry, TMI.

I'm with you there. My wife is an ardent follower of the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating, and they use a lot of sweeteners that are mixed with, or are all, one of the "-tol"s-- xylitol, erytritol, etc. I'm just suspicious of all that sugar alcohol stuff, probably because when I was first diagnosed Type 2 diabetes, I went way into research mode and found an excellent user forum for diabetics, and all the veterans and knowledgeable folks there didn't like sugar alcohols either, because of what they still did to your glucose/liver.

Breyers makes an excellent ice cream called Carb Smart. I distinctly noticed when they switched the formula up to include more sugar alcohols, because of the gastro distress it caused me. Sad day. Never ate it after that.

Gretta likes this