Four Month Update

39 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2017 at 10:10 AM, Carina said:

I loved that show...

ME TOO!!

Trish1967 and Dtrain84 like this

On 8/12/2017 at 10:17 PM, NerdyLady said:

You look absolutely fantastic!

On a side note, whenever I see your user name, it reminds me of the iconic Soul Train intro. My brain always says "THE DEEEEEEEEEE TRRRRRRAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNN". ;)

Lol! That was my show! Saturday afternoons growing up in Philly. The memories! 

Trish1967, NerdyLady and Clickin like this

Posted (edited)

Looking at your stats...we are both 12 pounds away from the big "100"...how cool us that?!? B) How have you been feeling?

And...AND...I was 12 pounds heavier than you at our start weight...creepy!! :D

Edited by Trish1967
Dtrain84 likes this

7 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Looking at your stats...we are both 12 pounds away from the big "100"...how cool us that?!? B) How have you been feeling?

And...AND...I was 12 pounds heavier than you at our start weight...creepy!! :D

I feel great! How are you feeling? I would have never imagined me losing 100 lbs. That is so cool that we are both at the hundred pound milestone. I was looking at all those 12's you mentioned reference to us. I'm going to have to go play the lottery! Lol!!!

tracyringo and Trish1967 like this

On 8/7/2017 at 4:17 PM, Dtrain84 said:

I'm 4 days away from a full 4 months out from surgery and I thought I'd share and update picture with you all. I'm down 83 lbs. with 57 to go untll I reach my goal weight. No exercise other than walking 20 to 30 minutes a day and following my post-op meal plan by the book. My before surgery picture it's not a real mugshot, it was a themed birthday party. Lol!!!

@Dtrain84 You look great!

(And it's okay, really, we all have had our little interludes with law enforcement, you don't need to even say such things with your friends here). 

Dtrain84 and Trish1967 like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dtrain84 said:

I feel great! How are you feeling? I would have never imagined me losing 100 lbs. That is so cool that we are both at the hundred pound milestone. I was looking at all those 12's you mentioned reference to us. I'm going to have to go play the lottery! Lol!!!

So funny you mentioned playing the lottery...I almost wrote that in my post!! Lol!! Same with me...I can't wrap my mind around being only 12 pounds away from the 100 pound milestone :D I'm feeling great WLS wise, and much better since coming home from the hospital. I love watching my clothes get baggier every day!! Lol 

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling great :) 

Edited by Trish1967
Dtrain84 likes this

2 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@Dtrain84 You look great!

(And it's okay, really, we all have had our little interludes with law enforcement, you don't need to even say such things with your friends here). 

That's funny you mention law enforcement. I never had a interlude with a law enforcement officer because I was the law enforcement officer. Lol! My career spans 27 years. Of course you all know about my story with sudden cardiac death. I was subsequently medically retired during my recovery. 

FB_IMG_1502231910532.jpg

Clickin likes this

29 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

So funny you mentioned playing the lottery...I almost wrote that in my post!! Lol!! Same with me...I can't wrap my mind around being only 12 pounds away from the 100 pound milestone :D I'm feeling great WLS wise, and much better since coming home from the hospital. I love watching my clothes get baggier every day!! Lol 

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling great :) 

Amen to the baggy clothes! Even the clothes I had in my wardrobe that I couldn't fit because they were too small are now baggy on me. I love it! 

Jen581791 and Trish1967 like this

Posted (edited)

On 8/19/2017 at 8:07 PM, Dtrain84 said:

Amen to the baggy clothes! Even the clothes I had in my wardrobe that I couldn't fit because they were too small are now baggy on me. I love it! 

Same here!! I bought a few things pre op that were too small, on purpose. Now they are too big! You gotta love it!!

Edited by Trish1967
Dtrain84 likes this

14 hours ago, Dtrain84 said:

That's funny you mention law enforcement. I never had a interlude with a law enforcement officer because I was the law enforcement officer. Lol! My career spans 27 years. Of course you all know about my story with sudden cardiac death. I was subsequently medically retired during my recovery. 

FB_IMG_1502231910532.jpg

Oh, all the better! 

I was just thinking about your posts as I was driving through a small town, with my son, in southern New Hampshire - where I once spent a week at the expense of the public. (You catch my drift...). I had committed a Youthful Indiscretion and shocked my son and his girlfriend by telling them all about it. Helps to keep us all grounded in reality about what is important and what is not.

Congrats on the weight loss. Not surprised at your discipline now that we know a bit more about your line of work. You'll be in Onederland soon. Have you shared this with your old colleagues? Just ran into someone I hadn't seen in 6 months and his jaw dropped. :D

Res Ipsa and NerdyLady like this

4 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Oh, all the better! 

I was just thinking about your posts as I was driving through a small town, with my son, in southern New Hampshire - where I once spent a week at the expense of the public. (You catch my drift...). I had committed a Youthful Indiscretion and shocked my son and his girlfriend by telling them all about it. Helps to keep us all grounded in reality about what is important and what is not.

Congrats on the weight loss. Not surprised at your discipline now that we know a bit more about your line of work. You'll be in Onederland soon. Have you shared this with your old colleagues? Just ran into someone I hadn't seen in 6 months and his jaw dropped. :D

I stopped by the dept. where I used to worked at and all I got was raving reviews on my weight loss and how good I looked.  A few of these guys were in the same room with me when I suffered my cardiac arrest. There were a lot of tears flowing that day. Because they thought for sure I was gone. We had seen it many times in  our career where CPR being performed on an unresponsive person who eventually died. It's a testament to see how far I have come. 

On 20-8-2017 at 9:14 PM, Dtrain84 said:

I stopped by the dept. where I used to worked at and all I got was raving reviews on my weight loss and how good I looked.  A few of these guys were in the same room with me when I suffered my cardiac arrest. There were a lot of tears flowing that day. Because they thought for sure I was gone. We had seen it many times in  our career where CPR being performed on an unresponsive person who eventually died. It's a testament to see how far I have come. 

Awwww...so happy about this!

Dtrain84 likes this

You look great!

Dtrain84 likes this

11 hours ago, michelleann31 said:

You look great!

Thank you!