Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Panda

Surgery soon

8 posts in this topic

Hi all! I am having a gastric sleeve Sept 19 . would like to hear from you about the good and bad sides of it. Many thanks. I am freaking out!

Hi Panda, and welcome! :) It looks like your surgery is just around the corner. Don't freak out - it's been an overwhelmingly positive experience for me. The early food stages are not fun but soon over, the recovery is a little painful but soon over, the energy comes back, and the weight loss: wow. Read around the site a bit and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome! I'm about two months out from sleeve surgery. I talk in detail about my experience on this thread:

I didn't have a VSG Panda but I send you a warm welcome to Thinner Times.

HI VSG Panda, 

I am also having gastric bypass in September. I can relate to your fears but this is a great site for support.

NerdyLady likes this

Hi Panda!

welcome, we are here to help. I had my vsg January 2016. Best thing I ever did for myself and my family. It's a challenge and there is sometimes some turbulence? But all so very worth it in the end. 

Hi @Panda! I didn't have VSG but WLS is the best thing I've done for myself and my family. Congrats on taking this important step!

On 8/4/2017 at 1:01 AM, Panda said:

Hi all! I am having a gastric sleeve Sept 19 . would like to hear from you about the good and bad sides of it. Many thanks. I am freaking out!

The good: achievable weight loss, down 70+ pounds in last 5 months, feeling superb. I feel like I got my life back when I was at risk of being disabled for the rest of my life (back and joint issues). Life calculators on the internet say I will gain 13 years of life by having done this by avoiding diabetes and hypertension strokes and all that stuff. 

The bad: I can't eat a whole rack of ribs at one go. I still think I can eat more than I really can. 

Are you having your surgery in Burma?