Ashhanna

Birthday Surgery!

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi All. 

Feeling so relieved that I came across this group. My surgery is on Aug 11th ...My Birthday!" 10 days away. Starting pre-op diet today.I have lots of questions swirling in my head. Im looking around the group chats to see earlier postings.

However,  one of my most pressing concerns (maybe someone has been through it)

I have visitors staying with me for the next 6 days so I''m cooking for them, not to mention my own kids have to be fed too!!! I feel this is going to be hard to not fall off the wagon. 

Edited by Ashhanna
Trish1967, NerdyLady and Relovlee like this

Welcome! What a cool surgery date. Let nothing derail you. This is too important. YOU are too important. Get them takeout or send them out to eat if you have to.

bellamoma, Trish1967 and Trish13 like this

Welcome to Thinner Times Ashhanna - what a fantastic birthday present to have your WLS the same day.

Trish1967 likes this

Happy birthday - great present! I had mine on Valentine's Day, so, like you, easy to remember the date later!

As for guests and kids, that sounds like a challenge :) If your pre-op diet is liquids only, I'd seriously consider sending my kids/guests out to eat, or buying prepared deli stuff they can get themselves when they're hungry! Preferably something you don't like! :D 

bellamoma and Trish1967 like this

If you have a spouse or significant other put them in charge of all meals and food for everyone besides you. That person can cook, delegate or get take out - not your problem. That way you can focus on your food. Now is the time to put you first. You can do it and we are here to support you. :)

Jen581791, cinwa, Trish13 and 2 others like this

Welcome!  Keep your eye on the prize!  

Welcome, welcome!! :rolleyes:  wishing and praying that you have a speedy recovery from your upcoming surgery and that we'll see you in that losers bench soon!!!! Woohoo  

Welcome! The folks above gave fantastic advice and I second every last post. Congratulations! This will be the best decision you have ever made! Woo hoo!

Yes, honey. By now you've had your surgery but put other folks in charge of the food if you can. This will apply to your post op phase as well.

When I was on my pre op diet, I had to go to my nephew's bday party. I love cake. So much. Plus my brother is a great cook and his food is always homemade and yummy. I made a plan ahead of time and shared the plan with my sis in law. I brought my protein shakes and bullion cubes to have and I walked their dog when everyone was having cake and ice cream. A funny thing happened. The dog must have known I needed a little support, bc she laid down next to me on the couch after our walk and put her head in my lap- which she hadn't done before and hasn't since.

Believe me, make a plan and stick to it. Enlist the help of your family and friends. Let nothing distract you. You can do this!!