meg.langdang

Newbie :)

13 posts in this topic

Hello All,
I just stumbled upon this group and already feel so informed.
I am scheduled for gastric bypass with duodenal switch surgery next Wednesday (August 9th). My husband will be exactly one year post op the day after my surgery so I feel like I do have a good grasp of the process and what to expect but I also think that may be making me more nervous of the actual recover than I should be. Overall, I am very excited to reclaim my body from obesity.

bellamoma, valslosinit and Stephtay like this

Hi Meg - Welcome to Thinner Times!  You must already be on a pre-op eating plan of some kind.  How's it going for you?

I know what you mean about knowing maybe too much.  I'm a few weeks ahead of a friend of mine and I keep sharing with her, but hope that it's not too much info!

Hi Kayak,

I start my pre-op eating plan on Wednesday. My surgeon required eating plan is 5-6 protein shakes a day and on 300 calorie meal. I am all stocked up and ready to go. 

Jen581791 likes this

Welcome, Meg! August 9th is just around the corner. Nerves and excitement are normal. Glad to have you here!

6 minutes ago, meg.langdang said:

Hi Kayak,

I start my pre-op eating plan on Wednesday. My surgeon required eating plan is 5-6 protein shakes a day and on 300 calorie meal. I am all stocked up and ready to go. 

That's nice that it's only a week long.  Mine was 10 days and seemed very doable, 1000 calories for 5 days and then clear liquids and protein drinks for 3.  Some on this forum have really long pre-op restrictions.  I hope you find this forum helpful; I found it to be so informative and the people here very supportive.  I wish you all the best on your pre-op and procedure.

Michael_A likes this

Welcome! We are here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey. Why are you planning a DS instead on an RNY gastric bypass? That seems a bit extreme given your weight and height. 

Welcome and best of luck! :) 

1 hour ago, Res Ipsa said:

Welcome! We are here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey. Why are you planning a DS instead on an RNY gastric bypass? That seems a bit extreme given your weight and height. 

Hi Res,

DS came recommended by my surgeon. 

Welcome to Thinner Times Meg!

Welcome!

Posted (edited)

@meg.langdang Hello. 

I'm a bit confused. Are you having a gastric bypass or a full duodenal switch?

Edited by AAA

Hi meg.langdang,

I am so excited for you.  August 9 was my grandmothers birthday so I know it will be a good day. Knowing too much can be scary but you will do great.

Hi meg! How are you doing?