I had been taking sublingual B12 tablets after surgery. The teeny tiny kind that disappear almost instantly. 

I got excited by a sale (I'm always buying the wrong thing because of a sale) and bought quick dissolve B12 tablets. They are chewable and I don't mind them. Am I missing any major nutrition by not taking the sublingual tablets?

These are the tablets in question: 

http://www.jarrow.com/product/661/Methyl_B-12_&_Methyl_Folate

IMG_4924.jpg

Edited by NerdyLady

My program insists on sublingual. Something about your mouth being a better mucous membrane for absorption than your tiny stomach.

Edited by Gretta

My family doctor decided on B12 injections the first time I saw him after surgery. I was happy with that because they are only once every three months. Should my B12 levels drop then they can be scheduled more frequently. It's just another supplement I don't need to remember to take.

NerdyLady - just hold the chewed bits of B12 tablet under your tongue for a while.

Thanks everyone. I know this is petty but I'm tired of making mistakes with supplements and having to get rid of them. Of course, I'm going to do what's best for my health, so I'll do whatever it takes. 

*grumble grumble*

4 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Thanks everyone. I know this is petty but I'm tired of making mistakes with supplements and having to get rid of them. Of course, I'm going to do what's best for my health, so I'll do whatever it takes. 

*grumble grumble*

That's not petty at all. It does get annoying. I can't wait for everything to become second nature. We'll get there.