Jackie Sanchez

As a Hispanic individual what foods did you eat?

29 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Jackie Sanchez said:

Hi there!  Sorry for the late reply.  So far so good.  No complications,  everything has been really smooth for me.  The only thing that I'm having trouble is keeping my self from eating spicy,  crunchy food.  Is so hard this 12 days has been hell food wise.  I'm so disgusted of broth big time. 

Can you puree beans yet? A life saver. And I just read this thread... now that I am nearly 6 months out... tostones... heh heh heh, may have to try. On your other thread suggested nori for crunchy food. 

Hoping you are at puree stage: you can make flan with Splenda and not die. Trust me. ;) Plus you have milk and eggs for protein. Has to be good for you. 

(Though genetically a white boy European guy, I grew up in the Caribbean and home food is black beans and rice, tostones, espresso, chicken in orange juice... and maybe a clear glass sea with mountains in the background. I SOOO get your need for crunch, and real cooked food not American fast food garbage). 

Jen581791 and NerdyLady like this

10 hours ago, Jackie Sanchez said:

Hi there!  Sorry for the late reply.  So far so good.  No complications,  everything has been really smooth for me.  The only thing that I'm having trouble is keeping my self from eating spicy,  crunchy food.  Is so hard this 12 days has been hell food wise.  I'm so disgusted of broth big time. 

@Jackie Sanchez

i'm to hear that you are doing well! Soon you will graduate to better foods and the broth stage will be a distant memory. 

I also miss crunch and salt. At five months out, I have been s l o w l y eating spiced peanuts. I eat them one at a time. I used to throw a million nuts in my mouth at once, so this is strange. Being in So Cal, you can probably find cacauate mixes. Just make sure they don't have any sugar. 

Jen581791 likes this

Just remembered the 1st thing I had for crunch after surgery: a pork rind!

NerdyLady likes this

Over the weekend I had (1) Chicken Taquito from Taco Bueno.  Just one - perfect amount and 110 calories :D