Alaya

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm Alaya. 8 days post-op and just thought I should join a forum!

Welcome, Alaya! How are you feeling?

Thank you! 

I am feelling ok. Still trying to get all these liquids in . I've been dreaming about real food all week though smh. This liquid phase is difficult.

Welcome to Thinner Times Alaya!

The liquid phase can be the pits but hang in there - you'll be on the pureed diet soon.

As for liquids.  Have you tried different temperatures?  A lot of us found that warm tea went down much better than cold drinks.

The liquid phase made me so cranky! I hope it flies by for you.

16 minutes ago, cinwa said:

Welcome to Thinner Times Alaya!

The liquid phase can be the pits but hang in there - you'll be on the pureed diet soon.

As for liquids.  Have you tried different temperatures?  A lot of us found that warm tea went down much better than cold drinks.

Yes, I've been able to drink warm teas very easily and eat popsicles. Jello is just now starting to go down easily. My trouble now is protein shakes. It takes me a while to drink one.

14 minutes ago, Gretta said:

The liquid phase made me so cranky! I hope it flies by for you.

What kind of soups did you eat? 

Just now, Alaya said:

I just bought chicken bone broth & added chicken bouillon to make it palatable. Most protein per sip, & just got it over with.

BurgundyBoy likes this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Alaya said:

The thing that got me through the liquids phase was the low calorie chicken noodle soup from Panera.  Keep in mind, I *only* ate the broth.  The flavor was just SO much better than the nasty chicken broth I had been eating prior.  If I wanted to be a rebel, I might bite off a very tiny piece of a noodle, chew it a zillion times and have the satisfaction of having a noodle LOL.  Mental game?  Absolutely - but it worked for me :)

Also, once past liquids, the leftover jellos hit my trash can in record time.  I hope and pray I never have to eat jello again!

Edited by TammyP
BurgundyBoy likes this

Omg I love this idea! I'm going to try it today!

ive been eating canned campbells soups strained but they have no flavor, just salty. My mom also made greens last night and I ate the juice to it. I'm definitely a person who needs variety though so I will try it out! Thanks

Just dropped a couple of egg whites into some bone broth with a splash of vinegar, made a egg-drop like soup. My afternoon snack, and delicious!