Nastassjak123

New to Thinner Times

14 posts in this topic

Hello every one excited to read everyone's experiences...

Trish1967 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Thinner Times!

How far are you along on your WLS journey?

Trish1967 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,  I am new to this site.  After a long and arduous approval and requirement process, I finally had my sleeve surgery on 6/14/17.  I started at 272 and am now 245.  I am getting frustrated because weight loss has stopped.  I do not follow guidelines completely so that is prob why.  I absolutely love watermelon and coca cola and I have disovered that I can have several sips of coke despite "them" saying I couldn't.  There are so many things to remember and to do that I get confused or give up.  I started eating solids before they gave me the go ahead but I try to chew them well.  I get these things I call curly cues when I am getting full.  If I take any more bites I run the risk of getting nauseated.  Just a little lost with all of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Linda Losing said:

Hi Everyone,  I am new to this site.  After a long and arduous approval and requirement process, I finally had my sleeve surgery on 6/14/17.  I started at 272 and am now 245.  I am getting frustrated because weight loss has stopped.  I do not follow guidelines completely so that is prob why.  I absolutely love watermelon and coca cola and I have disovered that I can have several sips of coke despite "them" saying I couldn't.  There are so many things to remember and to do that I get confused or give up.  I started eating solids before they gave me the go ahead but I try to chew them well.  I get these things I call curly cues when I am getting full.  If I take any more bites I run the risk of getting nauseated.  Just a little lost with all of this.

Welcome Linda Losing. We are here to support you. Weight loss surgery is a last resort for us; it is a final opportunity to declare our independence from food addictions and become thin, healthy and more active. Cheating on your post op diet makes this much harder and much less possible, especially with the sleeve. For example, I used to be a total addict of Diet Pepsi and hamburgers, but I happily gave them up as I wanted, and needed, to make my surgery successful. 

For me failure at reaching and maintaining at my goal weight was not an option. I wanted to be thin, to fit into airplane seats, to buy clothes at normal stores, to not be seen as the "fat person" when I walked into a room, to stop being hot and sweaty all the time, and most of all to be able to live much longer. Many people lose some weight after their weight loss surgery and then regain most or all of it. I will not accept this as a result. 

I have learned that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. 

kayak19, Trish1967, slars04 and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nastassjak123 said:

Hello every one excited to read everyone's experiences...

Welcome. We are here to support you. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Trish1967 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI @Linda Losing - At this stage you could eat pure butter and lose weight. Would try hard to form the habits that will get you through the hard times ahead when your intake is really critical. There are a lot of guidelines... would consider just cementing one and then moving on to the next one, one foot in front of the other. Don't give up! Post here as you go along! Now at 4 months it is MUCH harder to lose weight and requires a lot more devotion to the Plan. I am finding the advice of people who are 2,3, 10 years or more down the road really helpful. 

I used to get nauseated that way a lot too. Now I just eat a bit less and enjoy life more. I mean, why feel like I want to throw up all the time??

Sounds like you are stalling. Hard to see 27 lbs off - congrats! - and not more coming off, especially now when it is really easy to lose. Just stick with the Plan, try things that will give you similar sensations to your favorite foods, and keep moving ahead. The stall will end soon enough. 

I used to eat a lot of BBQ. Now when I get an urge I eat lo-fat jerky and it satisfies that urge. 

Good luck! 

Jen581791 and kayak19 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nastassjak123 said:

Hello every one excited to read everyone's experiences...

Welcome! What surgery are you considering, or do you know yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Linda Losing said:

Hi Everyone,  I am new to this site.  After a long and arduous approval and requirement process, I finally had my sleeve surgery on 6/14/17.  I started at 272 and am now 245.  I am getting frustrated because weight loss has stopped.  I do not follow guidelines completely so that is prob why.  I absolutely love watermelon and coca cola and I have disovered that I can have several sips of coke despite "them" saying I couldn't.  There are so many things to remember and to do that I get confused or give up.  I started eating solids before they gave me the go ahead but I try to chew them well.  I get these things I call curly cues when I am getting full.  If I take any more bites I run the risk of getting nauseated.  Just a little lost with all of this.

Welcome, and congrats on your surgery!  Now is the time to re-dedicate yourself to following the plan completely, and consistent weight loss will soon follow!  :-)

Consistently drinking something highly sugary like Coke is sure to slow or stop your weight loss. I sympathize with you a bit, I used to love Coke Zero. But I know it will sabotage my weight loss after surgery and I gave up all soda.

Best wishes to you!

NerdyLady and kayak19 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 25, 2017 at 6:41 PM, Nastassjak123 said:

Hello every one excited to read everyone's experiences...

Welcome!! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, cinwa said:

Welcome to Thinner Times!

How far are you along on your WLS journey?

I am just getting past the mandatory 12 week courses.  Getting ready to me with Nutritionist. Do you have anything for me that I should keep in mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Res Ipsa said:

Welcome Linda Losing. We are here to support you. Weight loss surgery is a last resort for us; it is a final opportunity to declare our independence from food addictions and become thin, healthy and more active. Cheating on your post op diet makes this much harder and much less possible, especially with the sleeve. For example, I used to be a total addict of Diet Pepsi and hamburgers, but I happily gave them up as I wanted, and needed, to make my surgery successful. 

For me failure at reaching and maintaining at my goal weight was not an option. I wanted to be thin, to fit into airplane seats, to buy clothes at normal stores, to not be seen as the "fat person" when I walked into a room, to stop being hot and sweaty all the time, and most of all to be able to live much longer. Many people lose some weight after their weight loss surgery and then regain most or all of it. I will not accept this as a result. 

I have learned that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. 

I love this and I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Res Ipsa likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, Michael_A said:

Welcome! What surgery are you considering, or do you know yet?

I am considering the RNY Gastric Bypass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

HI @Linda Losing - At this stage you could eat pure butter and lose weight. Would try hard to form the habits that will get you through the hard times ahead when your intake is really critical. There are a lot of guidelines... would consider just cementing one and then moving on to the next one, one foot in front of the other. Don't give up! Post here as you go along! Now at 4 months it is MUCH harder to lose weight and requires a lot more devotion to the Plan. I am finding the advice of people who are 2,3, 10 years or more down the road really helpful. 

I used to get nauseated that way a lot too. Now I just eat a bit less and enjoy life more. I mean, why feel like I want to throw up all the time??

Sounds like you are stalling. Hard to see 27 lbs off - congrats! - and not more coming off, especially now when it is really easy to lose. Just stick with the Plan, try things that will give you similar sensations to your favorite foods, and keep moving ahead. The stall will end soon enough. 

I used to eat a lot of BBQ. Now when I get an urge I eat lo-fat jerky and it satisfies that urge. 

Good luck! 

Thanks for sharing, love the low fat jerky suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Nastassjak123 said:

Thanks for sharing, love the low fat jerky suggestion.

In a pinch (such as when you "need" a snack and in a 7-11 Store), a small Slim Jim is not a bad snack.

Nastassjak123 and kayak19 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now